70

Fallen Angel

His POV

Everything is black. No light, not even a small spot of tiny light. How am I supposed to see in this situation? Where am I? Why can’t I move my body? Jihyun… is she alright?

 

“Please wake up”

 

I hear a mumble. That sounds just like Jihyun. Is that really her? Where is she? I want to see her. I try my best to move my hand, but heck, it’s no use. It feels like I have no bone on my hands. I try my best to speak, but my mouth just doesn’t want to move. I can feel something wet on my hands. Is that her tears? Do I make her cry?

 

I can vaguely feel her soft skin on my hand, it feels like she’s holding my hand. Maybe she is. I really need to get up now, ugh why is my body not moving the way I want? Aish move!

 

“Baekhyun I’m sorry…”, she cries. Dammit I need to calm her. Move Baekhyun move! Open your eyes!

 

And with a great struggle and limited energy, my eyes flutter opened. The sudden change of brightness makes me squint at first, but then I quickly look at my side. Jihyun’s there, holding my hand and buries her head on it, crying herself and begging me to wake up. I’m awake Jihyun, I’m awake.

 

“Jihyun?”, I call her, turn out to be a soft whisper. Jihyun looks up from her position and sees me awake. She quickly wipes her tears and forces a smile.

 

“You’re awake”, she says and my hair. I smile weakly, as I look around in curious. This isn’t Jihyun’s apartment. Where is this?

 

“Jihyun… where are we?”, I weakly ask her. She sniffles first and again wipes her tears stain.

 

“We’re at the hospital Baekhyun. I’m sorry I have no choice than to bring you here. It’s…. emergency”, she says. I just frown at the fact that we are now at the hospital. It smells… weird. Not to mention that the bed is like a board, no comfort at all.

 

“I don’t like to be here. Let’s go home Jihyun”, I say and tug her arm. She smiles to see my act and takes my hand, to bring it nearer to her cheek. I just let her to do so, as long as it makes her happy.

 

“Let’s just stay here for a night okay? You’re not in a good condition to go home now”, she says. I just pout and she giggles. She laughs, thank goodness. But then her expression changes into a sad one again.

 

“Baekhyun”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You’re… really gonna stay right?”, she asks. Doubt is the only thing I hear from her tone. I reach out my other hand to her cheeks, cupping her face as I stare deeply in her eyes. I want her to believe me. Of course I’ll stay, it’s not that I could live without Jihyun by my side.

 

“I’m staying. For you Jihyun. I’ve promised you right? Baekhyun never breaks his promise”, I say and give her my best smile, ignoring how tired I am now. She reaches out her hand to hold my hand on her cheeks and nuzzles herself to it.

 

“Thank you so much Baekhyun. Thank you”, she says, purely grateful. I smile and ruffle her hair.

 

“You’re welcome Jihyun”

 

“But… how about your family?”

 

“Don’t mind them. I’m surely not gonna regret on choosing you over my family. You worth everything in my life Jihyun, don’t worry”. As soon as I finish my sentence, Jihyun’s eyes get teary again and I just have to wipe it for her. Finally, it’s confirmed that I’m going to stay by her side and protect her. Who cares about Heaven, I have Jihyun already. Cause everywhere I’ll go with her, that will be paradise, even in this horrible hospital, I can still feel at ease, all because of Jihyun.

 

“ Hey aren’t you going to sleep?”, I ask her. She sits up straight and fixes her hair. She then looks to the couch and goes back to me.

 

“I’m going. I’ll sleep at that couch. You go sleep too okay? You’re going to have a test on next morning. Rest well Baekhyun. If you need something, just wake me up”, she says and walks to the couch. I follow her movement, from walking to bending down and laying on the couch. She unveils the curtains, and lets the moonlight coming into the room. She smiles to me before turning her back on me and sleeps.

 

That’s when I realize I want her touch be my lullaby until I fall asleep. Somehow I want her to be by my side now, and the couch…. is just too far.

 

“Jihyun”, I call her again. Huhu sorry Jihyun, I really need your touch now. She then turns around, still with lying position, and looks at me in the eyes.

 

“Yes Baekhyun?”

 

“Can you just… sleep here?”, I say and pat an empty space on the bed. It’s hard, urgh, hospital’s beds sure are the worst. She giggles at my sentence as she put her hand to cover her laugh.

 

“The bed won’t be able to support our weights. What happened? You want me to sleep with you?”. I just nod. That’s the truth! It’s not that I’m ert or something but I really long for her touch. She smiles at me before getting up and walking towards the chair next to my bed. She settles her position on the chair and leans closer to the bed. She smiles again and reaches out her hand to wipe the sweaty forehead I have.

 

“I’m here, now sleep Baekhyun, I’ll accompany you until you’re asleep”, she says softly, as soft as her caressing. I just can’t hold back the urge to smile in peace, as drowsiness starts to eat me up. I yawn several times, before finally having my eyes closed for good. I nuzzle the pillow, and find a perfectly comfortable spot.

 

“Thank you Jihyun”, I mumble.

 

“You’re welcome Baekhyun”, I hear her replies, and then feel her soft lips kissing my forehead. It feels nice, peaceful. What a great night. I know I didn’t pick a wrong decision. Let my brothers rotten in Heaven, I’ll have my happy life together with Jihyun.

 

‘No you’re not’

 

What? What was that? Who’s talking? Oh yeah, maybe it’s my imagination. Let’s just slip it off and go to sleep.



Double update since i really don't have anything to do :D

It's... seriously lacking of vocabulary huhu i'm sorry, i just don't know what words i should use, i'm running out of vocabulary sorry *bow*

So......... stay tuned! Maybe it will end soon (or not) we'll see haha

Thanks a lot for all my readers, commenters, and subscribers

You guys are loved :D