80

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

Baekhyun slowly stepped into the dark space that just lied in front of him. He gulped hard, before glancing to his brother standing next to him. He bit his lower lip in nervousness, as he eyed his brother from head to toe. As he took another step into it, light was suddenly like being swallowed down, trapping him in the eternal darkness. He closed his eyes in fear, as he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up, to see Luhan was there.

 

“It’s okay, that’s what I thought when I first stepped here”, Luhan said as he smiled warmingly. Luhan then walked past him, leading Baekhyun to his new place. A very dark place. A place where Luhan had been there, before going back to the Earth to pick up his brother. Baekhyun hesitantly followed his brother, looking around to see it was a pitch black he could only find.

 

“Are you sure this is the right place, Hyung?”, Baekhyun asked as he tugged Luhan’s clothes. Luhan just nodded, before stopping his step and looked far way down. He then took Baekhyun’s hand, to drag him to see what lied down on their feet. It was like a black floor, with so many tiny spots scattering on it. And there were also things shaped like a ball, in different colors.

 

“Welcome to the outer space, Light Angel”, Luhan said. Baekhyun smiled as he heard it. ‘Yeah, I’m a light angel’

 

His POV

So, this is how it feels to have a power. Feeling so invincible that no one could even beat me. I just chuckled at my last second decision. Never once I thought I would take this position instead of others.

 

*Flashback*

 

“I’m sorry masters, I have to reject the powers”

 

He got all of the masters’ eyes widened in shock, even the one with hoody covering his face. All of his brothers, including Chanyeol, gaped their mouth as wide as it could. They couldn’t believe at what he just said. He just rejected the only power left.

 

“What are you saying, Baekhyun? You don’t want to be a fire angel?”, the Master of Fire asked as he soon regained himself from being shocked. Baekhyun just hung down his head low.

 

“I… don’t think I suit the fire angel’s position, Master. I mean… I’ve just come back here, to Heaven, from Earth now. I missed a lot of things happened in Heaven, and I bet Chanyeol had practiced really hard to get this position. Besides… my wings are still rebelling on me. I’m still like an unrecovered fallen angel, Master. I don’t think I’m in a right condition to get this power”, he explained, as calm as he could. As much as he tried not to think about her, he just couldn’t. Somehow he felt it was wrong for him to take the fire angel’s position, like Jihyun would probably against him to do it. He didn’t know why, he just felt it wouldn’t please her.

 

“So you want me to give this position to Chanyeol? It will leave you powerless and send you back to the academy”, the Master of Fire said as he approached him. Chanyeol and the brothers couldn’t say anything, speechless from being shocked.

 

Baekhyun inhaled deeply. It was such a waste to reject the fire angel’s position. But he didn’t think it suit him.He smiled as he noticed the only thing in his mind, even in this situation, was Jihyun.

 

‘Man, I’m in the edge of losing my dignity as an angel and I still think of her. Jihyun….’

 

He then cleared his throat as he eyed the Master of Fire respectfully. He stood up straight, and said, “I don’t mind giving the power of fire to Chanyeol, Master. He deserves it”. Chanyeol stared at his hyung in disbelief, but still not saying anything as the Master of Fire sighed heavily.

 

“Fine, if that’s what you want, I’ll give the power of fire to Chanyeol”, he said, as he eyed Chanyeol and smiled in content. “Somehow I just feel Chanyeol does suit the power”. Chanyeol blushed in proud as he bowed to the Master of Fire, muttering his gratitude to hear it.

 

“Meet me tomorrow at this place, I’ll grant you the power tomorrow”, Master of Fire said before patting his successor’s shoulder and smiled to Baekhyun. He then went back to the Masters’ place. Baekhyun’s gaze followed him, and found all of the masters’ had serious faces plastered. The Master of Water was the one who looked so unpleased with Baekhyun’s decision. He cleared his throat, and regained his position.

 

“So. Since Baekhyun rejected the power, I shall send him back to-“

 

“Wait a second”, the one in hoody cut the Master of Water’s word as he stood up and walked up towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun tried to figure out who this angel was, as he felt familiar towards this angel. This unknown angel then uncovered his hoody, showing his face to Baekhyun. Baekhyun gaped his mouth as wide as he could.

 

“You…”

 

“Congratulation, you’re now eligible to gain a position as a light angel”. Baekhyun just couldn’t take his eyes off from this angel. It was the old man he kept cursing since he was the one who pushed Baekhyun to Earth, falling harshly and meeting Jihyun. Baekhyun just couldn’t express what his feeling was now, hateful, or grateful.

 

“I thought you would never get someone to be your successor, Master of Light”, the Master of Telekinetic spoke up as he chuckled. This so-called-Master of Light turned his attention to the Master of Telekinetic.

 

“Tell yourself about it. You did the same just like me, didn’t you?”

 

All of the masters were laughing, leaving their juniors staring at them in confusion. Baekhyun was the one who regained himself first. He pointed at the Master of Light as he raised his voice.

 

“You’re the one who pushed me! How dare you! You’re… You.. ARGH YOU PUSHED ME!”, Baekhyun yelled as he turned around in desperate manner. He couldn’t believe the one who pushed him was one of the masters. He scratched his hair in depression as he felt the tap on his shoulder.

 

“Don’t mind the past. So how is it? Are you going to take my offer?”, the Master of Light said as he raised an eyebrow to him, waiting for the answer. Baekhyun scoffed at his cheesy act.

 

“Of course n-“

 

“She will like it, I bet”, he whispered, before leaving the confused Baekhyun alone with the memories of her playing in his mind.

 

‘I hate darkness…’

 

‘It said ‘Light Angel’, that’s why it was my favorite one’

 

‘Well everyone needs light in their lives, right?’

 

‘Thank you Baekhyun, for lightening up dark life’

 

Baekhyun smiled as he got his eyes a little bit teary to have all of his sweet memories with her playing in his mind. He looked up, to meet the Master of Light’s gaze, who smiled victoriously to him.

 

“So, are you going to accept it?”

 

**

 Luhan-hyung pats my back as he stand closer next to me, admiring the beauty of the outer space. Haha, it’s really beautiful, really. I just smile to him, before turning back to the black floor lying down on my feet.

 

“I’ll leave you here, Baekhyun. Good luck with your job”, he says as he pats my shoulder once, leaving me with my own thoughts. Jihyun… how are you? I do really miss you. And you know what? I’m a light angel now. I’ll be your favorite right? Jihyun…. It’s really weird without you by my side

 

Narrator’s POV

Luhan was ready to walk away, only to stop on his step and turned around to face his brother’s sad face. He noticed how much Baekhyun missed her, although it wasn’t too long after the parting. He clenched his chest as he felt the same. He knew really well how hard it feels, to leave your precious person on Earth when he needed to go back to Heaven.

 

“Baekhyun”, he called, making Baekhyun looked up to him.

 

“Yes Hyung?”

 

“Do you love her?”, he asked, as innocent as his face could be, making Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock.

 

“What? I mean… why are you asking?”, he asked back, stuttered.

 

“I… can read mind?”, he said.

 

“Oh yeah, right. Sorry, I forgot”, Baekhyun smiled half-heartedly as he stared back to the small ball colored in blue and green. It was Earth. The Earth where his lover would probably sleep in her peaceful state. He smiled sadly, and it got noticed by Luhan.

 

“So what are you going to do about it?”

 

“I don’t know… Somehow I just wish she won’t be sad anymore, to know that I leave her”, he said.

 

“She’s happy now, don’t worry, I took her memory earlier”, Luhan said.

 

“Probably, but she still has feelings towards me right?”. Luhan got silenced as he heard his brother’s sentence. He was right, Luhan only took her memories but not her feelings. Luhan knew that as powerful as he could be in taking one’s memories, the feelings would probably be stronger to take the memories back to their owner. And maybe it would happen to her too.

 

“Maybe… it would be better if she didn’t develop her feelings towards me”, Baekhyun mumbled as he bent down to sit, hugging his knees as he stared on the Earth longily. Luhan kept thinking hard, it wasn’t like he wanted to see his brother’s sad face again. Then, a bulb of idea came right into his mind.

 

“I’ve got an idea”


Updated!

1600 words..... it's too long i think huhuhu

SO YEAH, it's like only several chapters left (i hope so)

Stay tuned! :)