81

Fallen Angel

Her POV

I am now sitting on the floor, facing my laptop with the photos scattering on the floor. Jaebum is now holding my camera, looking through its gallery while laying down on the floor. I scoff at him silently, before slowly gathering the scattered pictures and stack them together. I then go back to my laptop, which is now in process of moving the pictures of the wedding to his USB drive. I am still wondering, when did I go to this wedding? With Jaebum? I don’t even remember I ask for a job to him. My mind keeps working to find the answer of thousands questions popping out from my head, when suddenly Jaebum speaks up.

 

“Why are you taking a photo of your empty bed?”

 

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What the heck this guy is asking? I don’t even remember I had taken that camera out from my bag lately. I stand up from my position and walk to him. He gets up and passes the camera to me, letting me to see what he is asking for earlier. I grab my camera and look to which Jaebum was talking about.

 

He’s right. There’s a picture of my empty bed. What the… since when I took this kind of photo? I just stand there, not responding or even moving. Even I feel breathing is already a hard thing to do. It feels like I forget something really important. So important that maybe if I happen to remember, it will just break my heart. What is it?

 

“Look to the other pictures you took Jihyun, I don’t know you’re into that kind of photography. And I didn’t think you would even go to the park alone by yourself. You even took a photo of an empty swing”

 

I don’t even think to respond on his sentence yet I only manage to look through the gallery. He’s right, again. There are a lot of photos I don’t remember I’ve taken in the gallery. The sceneries, the swings, the park. But there are five photos that really take my attention. One is a photo of me smiling alone, but seems like my body was leaning on something. Next is the photo of an empty swing, swinging up high close to the sky. Then, the photo of an empty piano, seems like it was from the wedding, but why did I take that photo? And then there is a picture of my hand holding something invisible facing the sky, what is this photo means? And the last, it’s a photo of my silhouette with sunset sky and million fireflies flying behind me. What is this… when?

 

“Yah Kim Jihyun, don’t put your personal photos in this package”, Jaebum scolds me as he passes one sheet of photo to me. I just take it half-heartedly, and about to just wreck the photo away when suddenly I notice something familiar in the picture. I examine the photo closely, before dragging the photo closer to my eyes. It can’t be…

 

A scene of a couple dancing behind the light the fireflies shined off suddenly plays in my mind. It just looks like the one in my camera, but there's only me in the photo saved in my camera. What does this mean? I close my eyes, and witness this couple now sitting next to each other by the river bank, watching the fireflies while leaning to each other. The girl is holding the camera and the boy leans to her to see what she’s showing. The girl… is just look similar to me. Is that me? If it is, then who is the guy?

 

“Hey Jihyun, you’re alright?”, Jaebum asks me as he taps my shoulder. I just nod slowly, and lifelessly sit on the floor. There’s seriously something about this scene, it must be one of the things I forgot. What is it? Who is the guy? Who…

 

The next thing I know, it’s a pitch black I face to. A very dark pitch black, which leads me to some part of my mind, looking for the lost memory.

 

She opened her eyes, and found herself in the same field, with different feeling. It used to be so comfortable, warm, and cozy. But now it felt so cold, despite the bright sky and the warm breeze, she felt so alone, sad, desperate. Just like the first time she came here. She felt dizziness in her head, while walking lifelessly with no aim.

 

“Where is this?”

 

She kept walking and walking, until suddenly, she noticed someone standing a little bit far from her, facing her with sad aura all over his body. She just walked closer to him, while holding her head in pain. She finally reached his place, and tried to stand properly in front of him. She looked up to match her gaze with his, and found his figure was way too familiar, but she couldn’t picture who this figure looked like. On the other hand, the figure looked straight to her face, showing his face feature. She could clearly see his face now, how bright his eyes were, how pointed his nose was, how handsome his face overall. She tried to figure who in her life who just looked like him, but she failed.

 

“Have I met you before?”, she asked. The figure smiled sadly, as he nodded weakly.

 

“Where? When? What connection I have with you?”, she asked again. He looked up and stare at her in sadness.

 

“You don’t remember?”, he asked back. She was frozen with his question, feeling guilty and an urge to cry her heart out. She got a feeling this figure must be a really important person in her life. But who?

 

The figure just chuckled once and reached out his hand, to her hair lovingly. She looked at him confusedly. She knew him from her dream, but she was sure she had met him somewhere in real life. His soft, lovingly, just felt so familiar to her. The figure then stopped what he was doing, and in a soft low voice, he spoke again.

 

“I really missed you, Jihyun”

 

Her eyes widened as he said that. She felt the urge to say how much she missed him too, but she held it back since she didn’t knew who he was. He just smiled, and in a swift move, he pulled her into a hug. A warm hug, giving her feelings that she kinda missed. She closed her eyes in comfort, inhaling his scent as she tried to figure who this person was.

 

“I’m sorry I had to leave you that day, Jihyun, I’m sorry”, he whispered to her ears. She just stayed silent. He then pulled back from the hug and smiled at her sweetly.

 

“Please remember me Jihyun, I know I still have my place in your heart”, he said. She just stood like a stone, not moving, not responding, not looking at him, staring blankly at the field. She felt her tears were ready to flow down, but they just delayed their moves. He smiled again, before stepping away from her, going further and further.

 

“I love you Jihyun”

 

 

“YAH KIM JIHYUN WAKE UP!”, Jaebum shakes my body panickly. I open my eyes in shock, as I instantly hit him several times, before crawling away from him. I helplessly hug my body as I stare at him in disbelief.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”, I scream as I keep thinking dirty things he might have done. Don’t tell me….

 

“Why are you yelling? You’re the one who fainted all of sudden”, Jaebum rubs the part I have hit several times while staring in disbelief to me. Me? Fainted? Oh yeah, the dream.

 

“What are you dreaming by the way, you looked so sad and desperate earlier. Is it… Hyunjae?”, he asks again. I shake my head in response, it’s not him, it’s someone else. Who is it? Who? Can’t I get a clue of this person? Who?

 

My gaze then falls to the photo of me and the unknown guy sitting next to each other, with fireflies as the background. A warm feeling runs through my body, when suddenly a name comes in my mind.

 

Baekhyun…


Updated!

So to clear up things, all the memories of Baekhyun in her mind are erased, and all of the pictures in her camera that have Baekhyun won't show Baekhyun's existence, so that's why there are photos of an empty swing, empty bed, empty piano. But the one that already got printed will just stay the same. Haha sorry if it is too complicated :)

Maybe this will end in 4-5 chapters again *cries* this will be one of my favorite stories :D

Thanks for supporting guys, me love youuu <3