61

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

Baekhyun and Jihyun just strolled around the festival after what happened at the food stall. Both of them stayed quiet, enjoying every step they took along the bridge. Baekhyun wasn’t in pain again, as he now could walk properly on his feet, with Jihyun followed on his side. It was getting darker, as the sun was already setting back to its place. They were now walking to the empty side of the bridge, which was dark and no one was bothered to pass. Jihyun stopped walking as she noticed her sight hadn’t adapted with the dark situation around her. She tugged Baekhyun’s arm and stopped him to walk even further.

 

“Baekhyun, let’s rest here first. I’m… tired”, she trailed on her own words. She then pulled him closer to the edge of the bride, leaning on its side as she threw her sight to the river in front of her. The river was dark blue in color, with reflection of the dark sky above shown on its surface. Baekhyun stood next to her, leaning on the side of the bridge too. Jihyun breathed heavily as the sky got darker and darker, showing it was night already. She always hated dark situation, afraid to be exact. You could call it phobia if you want, but the point is she couldn’t stand to stay in darkness for a long time. Darkness, in terms of situation, or feeling.

 

She started to tremble in afraid as the low light did no help to her sight. Baekhyun noticed this as he looked at her, concerned.

 

“Is it cold, Jihyun? I can lend you the tuxedo”, he said. She shook her head weakly as she shuffled closer to him. She gripped his arm hard, hard enough for him to feel her trembling body and heavy breath.

 

“Jihyun, what happened?”, Baekhyun asked again. This time, she buried her head to his shoulder and sweats rolled down her forehead.

 

‘I hate darkness. I feel so helpless. No… no… don’t let the darkness eat me up. Don’t let darkness take over me’

 

“Jihyun”, he said as he her hair softly. This calmed her a bit, as she breathed in, still with her body trembling.

 

“I... hate darkness”, she mumbled. His eyes widened in confusion, but then changed into understanding stare as he wrapped his arms around her. He smiled to her, although she wasn’t paying attention to his face.

 

“I’m here Jihyun, don’t worry”, he said. As soft as he tried to speak, Jihyun was still trembling in fear as her grip grew tighter and tighter everytime she blinked.

 

“Don’t be afraid, darkness won’t do anything to you”, Baekhyun said softly, as soft as his on her hair. She shook her head which was still sticking on his shoulder.

 

“You don’t understand… it’s… terrible”, she said, referring to her feelings. ‘It hurts a lot…’

 

“It’s not. You know, sometimes darkness can be beautiful too”, he said, still not getting the idea of what she meant. He looked up above to the sky and saw so many stars shining tonight. He smiled to see the scenery, but his expression changed when he heard her spoke again.

 

“No… it will never be. Darkness only bring harm…”, she mumbled incoherently. Baekhyun sighed heavily. He finally got the idea of what she was talking. ‘Is she referring to her feelings? Her memories?’. He looked around as he thought hard how to make her calm. Then an idea popped up in his brain.

 

With a swift movement, Baekhyun took her hands and dragged her down the bridge to the field that spread on each sides of the river bank. She followed him with her hands intertwined with his and arms linking to each other. She buried her head to his shoulder, not wanting to see where they were going. Baekhyun led her down carefully and pulled her to walk nearer to the river. She didn’t let go of him and her head still buried in his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled warmly, before staring blankly at the dark sky up above with its stars scattering over it. ‘I hope I’m still able to do it’

 

He looked at her, making sure that she still had her head on his shoulder. He then reached out one of his hand to the sky, opening it as wide as he could. He then closed his eyes, concentrating on what he did. ‘Please, just this once. Help me’. He then opened his eyes, to see many light spots flying nearer to them in formation. He smiled, satisfied of what he did. ‘It’s still working’

 

“Jihyun, look”, he said as he motioned her to see what happened. She slowly pulled up her head and her eyes widened in amazement as she fully got her head up. Her jaw dropped at the beautiful scene in front of her.

 

“Fireflies…”, she muttered with her eyes locked at them. Baekhyun smiled in relief as he took her hand and dragged her closer to the fireflies. They danced gracefully in big formation, lightening the dark river that reflected their lights beautifully. Baekhyun reached out his hand, and several fireflies flew to his hand. He then showed them to Jihyun, whose eyes glittered up in amazement.

 

“Touch it”, he commanded. She slowly moved her hands to the fireflies, and like in cue, the fireflies flew closer to her, surrounding her with their beautiful lights shining off from them. They flew in circle, asking her to dance along with them. She stared at them still in amazement, forgetting the fact that it was still dark around her.

 

“It’s beautiful”, she said. Baekhyun chuckled once before offering her his hand. She stared confusedly at his hand, not understood of what he wanted to do.

 

“Mind to dance with me?”, he said in gentlemen manners. She smiled shyly, before taking his hand and started to dance under the dim lights of the fireflies.

 

Baekhyun moved his hand to her waist, while her hand travelling to his neck. Their other free hands were intertwined together, as they started to move in unison. They got no music in background, but somehow they found their rapid heartbeats were enough to lead them to dance. They danced slowly, in a romantic manner. Jihyun placed her head to his chest, and heard his loud thumping heart. Jihyun smiled and still danced along with him. Baekhyun put his chin on top of her head as his eyes dazing off to the dark night sky.

 

“You see”, he spoke up. “Darkness could be beautiful too”, he continued. She pulled her head up and stared at him questioningly.

 

“What do you mean?”. He chuckled once before staring back at her in sweet manner.

 

“I mean… without darkness, you wouldn’t be able to see this scene”, he continued again. She then looked around, mesmerized with the dancing fireflies around her. Her eyes locked with the beautiful scene in front of her, as she stopped dancing and let go of her grip on his hand. She stared blankly at the fireflies, unconsciously walked nearer to one formation of the fireflies. Their beautiful lights shined off under the darkness around them. She smiled weakly as the fireflies flew closer to her hands, flying around in circle.

 

‘Just like what Hyunjae said…’


Updated (again)! So yeah, failed romantic scene huhu i'm not expert in this kind of things -_-

Last update before I go to sleep :D

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing ><

Me love you guyssss <3