71

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

Jihyun closed the door behind her as the nurse led her to the doctor’s room. The doctor, Dr. Kim, was already there, sitting with his back facing the both of the ladies. He was examining some x-ray photos, which most probably were Baekhyun’s.

 

“Doctor, Ms. Kim Jihyun is here”, the nurse called the doctor, and the doctor just nodded, not bothered to turn his chair around to face the nurse.

 

 Jihyun scoffed at the scene as she turned her head to the nurse.

 

“Can’t I get another doctor to examine him?”, she asked with oh-so-polite-tone. The nurse just shook her head and was about to tap the doctor on his shoulder, when suddenly the doctor motioned her to not to do so as he started to turn his chair around.

 

“You know what? The way you talk and how your name sounded just remind me of my sis-“, he stopped at his sentence as he finally met Jihyun’s cold glare towards him. “ter…”

 

Jihyun was glaring at him once, and turned her gaze to the confused nurse. “Are you sure I can’t get another doctor to give me the diagnose?”, she asked once again and only got a no from the nurse. The doctor just stared at her in disbelief, couldn’t believe it was his cousin he was looking at. His own little sister he had lied to when that accident happened. The biggest mistake he had always regretted since that day.

 

“Jihyun? Is that you?”, that was the only thing he could say. Never once he thought Jihyun would go back where all of her misery started. Jihyun just gave him a cold stare, and abruptly stood up from her seat.

 

“I’m going”, she said. She her heels as she about to walk away from him, but his hand moved faster and gripped her on the wrist.

 

“Jihyun why are you here? Who is this Baekhyun? What is his connection to you?”, he asked.

 

“It’s not your problem. And it’s not that I want to hear the diagnose from you. Ever.”, she said coldly and slapped his hand away.

 

“Jihyun why are you like this? I’m-“

 

“You’re expecting me not being like this after what you’ve done? Huh?!”, she raised her tone. The nurse came towards her and tried to calm her down, as she led her to sit back on her seat. Tears were starting to well up on her eyelid, as some flashbacks came in replay in her mind.

 

*Flashback*

 

Jihyun was running in the hallway, ignoring the fact that she was in the hospital and wearing her wedding dresses with her high heels. She quickly turned to the information centre, with her raging breath.

 

“Where’s Lee Hyunjae?”, she asked, not bothered about how the nurses confusedly looked at each other and quickly searched for the name she mentioned. They then pointed at one direction and she quickly ran there, to the emergency room.

 

She was in panic after the phone call she got from Jaebum. She didn’t believe what had happened. Hyunjae got into an accident. Her tears weren’t formed on her eyes, but her heart was already broken into pieces. She couldn’t think straight, as she finally reached the emergency room. She found Jaebum, Sungyeol, and Sooyeon were there, sitting in hesitance. She lifelessly reached them, patting her cousin’s shoulder. Sungyeol looked up to her, before standing up and hugged her tight, in worry. She felt her eyes were about to spill their tears, but somehow they couldn’t do that.

 

“W-what happened?”, she asked. Sungyeol hugged her tighter, and then pulled off before taking a file and passed it to her. She just stared at it in confusion.

 

“Hyunjae is in critical condition. A car hit him as he tried to cross the road hastily”, Jaebum spoke up, and she just felt everything stopped moving. No sound, no movement, no sign of human’s existence. His lovely fiancé was in critical condition on their-should-be-happy day. She weakly slid down to the floor, still not tearing but her eyes just showed how sad she was.

 

“It can’t be…”, she mumbled.

 

“He was on the way back from signing a contract over the song he made. It’s the contract you’re holding to”, Jaebum continued as he leaned his forehead on his hand, stressed from the fact that his brother was in critical condition.

 

She slowly opened the file, and found a familiar lyric in it. It was her favorite song he had ever created. He worked really hard so that the song could be recorded professionally and people could hear how deep his love was to her. She unconsciously hugged the file, and buried her head in it. She cried.

 

**

“But Jihyun, I’m just trying to calm you. It’s-“

 

“I don’t care, all I know is you lied to me. You told me he was okay, but I knew he wasn’t. You told me he would be awake in a second, but I know he wouldn’t. Why are you doing this to me? Don’t you know I always believed in your diagnose? Why are you lying?”

 

**

“Oppa, is he okay?”, Jihyun said to her brother as she peeled an apple for his unconscious-lover. Her brother just smiled, as he patted her shoulder, praising her job. She smiled back in return, but then went back to her business in peeling the apple. As soon as she did that, her brother’s face was stiffened. He couldn’t bear it to say the truth to you, the real condition of his-soon-to-be brother in law.

 

“He’s… fine”, he said.

 

“Really? Thank goodness then! When will he awake?”

 

“Soon, maybe several days”, he lied again.

 

“What is actually happened to him Oppa? Does he got fracture on somewhere?”

 

“No, he’s fine”. Biggest lie. He knew his sister’s fiancé wouldn’t ever wake up, if miracle didn’t happen. The accident got Hyunjae’s ribs broken and stabbed into his lungs and slightly wrecked his heart. Without those life-supports, Hyunjae wouldn’t even be able to breathe. He should have said the truth, it was his job after all. But he couldn’t stand to see her sister crying. That was the reason why he lied to his own sister.

 

“You know what Oppa? Once Hyunjae awake, he’ll have my favorite song recorded and sold to the public! Isn’t that amazing?”, she tried to beam, but his brother knew her more than she realized. He noticed guilt was all over her eyes, as an imaginary tears showed up at the edge of her eyes. He patted her sister’s head as he whispered softly.

 

“Everything’s gonna be alright”

 

**

“You’re such a liar”, Jihyun scoffed and half-heartedly took a seat in front of her own brother. As much as she didn’t want to, she had to listened to the diagnose. He gulped and stared in guilt as he reached his hand to his sister’s head, but she avoided his touch.

 

“I didn’t mean to, Jihyun”, he said.

 

“Yeah right Kim Jonghyun, say what you wanna say. I don’t care”

 

“Jihyun”

 

“Just get to the point. What is happened to Baekhyun? Tell me the truth, don’t even try to lie to me”

 

He sighed in defeat as he took the x-ray and showed it to her.  He took his pen, and stared at her in worry, before starting to explain things happened to Baekhyun.

 

Her eyes widened in every word her brother said.

 

She couldn’t believe it, as much as she wanted to believe.

 

The fact that maybe she was about to be alone again.

 

That maybe Baekhyun had to leave her alone.

 

“It can’t be…”


Updated!

WHOA IT'S CHAPTER 71 ALREADY huhu okay i gotta end this as soon as possible -_-