41

Fallen Angel

His POV

“Uhm, how am I supposed to pay for this?”, I ask. I really have no clue about the trading system in Earth. Everything was so simple back in Heaven, you could take anything and everything is provided there.

 

“Didn’t Jihyun give you the money?”, Sooyeon asks. Money? She means, the papers? I then take out the papers from my pocket and hand them to her. Sooyeon then counts how many layers are there and gives me the strange look. Why is she looking me like that?

 

“Are you sure she only asked you to buy the pads? It’s seriously a lot of money she gave you”, she says. Hoo so those papers can be used to trade for things. They are only thin layers of papers yet it values the same with things. Trading system in here is just weird.

 

“I’m sure she only asked for the pads”, I say at last. Sungyeol, who pops out from nowhere, peeks on the money Sooyeon holds.

 

“Whoa, that’s much money”, Sungyeol says. “Maybe she wants you to buy other things”

 

I then try to recall what Jihyun asked me to buy earlier. I’m sure it’s only the pads. Wait a minute, she was holding back her pain earlier, does that mean she want me to buy the medicine for that too?

 

“Uhm, is… the leftover money can be used to buy the medicine? I mean… when I left, Jihyun was in a great pain. I think it was her stomach. Do you know the medicine for that?”, I ask, with Jihyun in pain’s image playing in my mind. The two shopkeepers at first just stay in silent, but then chuckle once in unison.

 

“It’s normal Baekhyun. It’s her period and sometimes it gives great pain”, Sooyeon says. Owh, I don’t want her to be pained like that.

 

“Girls are stronger than how they look. Well, it’s not that I ever felt the pain either, but from what I heard, it’s really painful to have the period”, Sungyeol continues. Really? Aaa, poor Jihyun. I wished I could transfer the pain from her to me. I don’t mind being in pain, as long as I won’t see Jihyun holding back the pain.

 

“But I know what can make her feel better”, Sungyeol says. He then walks to one of the freezer and takes out a box, before going back to the cashier where I and Sooyeon stand. He then passes the box, which turns out to be…. ice cream?

 

“I think it will be a good medicine for girls’ periods. Especially Jihyun”, he says as he grins widely. I look at the ice cream quizzically. Ice cream is a medicine for the girls’ periods? Whoa, what a happy sickness girls have.

 

“Take this to her and I’m sure she will be a lot calmer. Wondering why I know her so well? I’m the greatest cousin she has ever had”, Sungyeol says, literally boasting himself. Sooyeon just rolls her eyes.

 

“You wished. By the way, here’s the change”, she says, handing several papers—money—to me. I take them and neatly fold them, before putting them back to my pocket. Sooyeon then wraps the pads and ice cream in a plastic bag.

 

“Go home now Baekhyun, I’m sure she is waiting for you now”, Sooyeon says as she hands the plastic bag. I nod happily and bow.

 

“Thanks Sooyeon”, I say. I then turn my body around, ready to walk back home, but stop when I hear Sooyeon calls my name again. I turn my head to her, waiting for what she’s going to say.

 

“I can trust Jihyun on you right?’, Sooyeon asks. Trust her on me? It sounds like I’m going to take her away from Sooyeon. But I end up nod anyway. I promised myself I will be on Jihyun’s side, and angel never goes back on his word.

 

“Okay. Take care of her right? Send our greetings to her”, she says and waves.

 

“Call us when you’re planning to get married”, Sungyeol jokes as he also waves. I just blush at his comment. Jihyun? And I? Married? That will be cute haha. Eish, butterflies stop flying in my stomach. I wave back at them and then continue my walk back home. Wait for me Jihyun, Baekhyun comes in rescue.

 

Narrator’s POV

The two shopkeepers kept waving to the boy they just met, until he finally went out of their sight. Sooyeon then leaned on the cashier desk, with her eyes glued on where Baekhyun walked to.

 

“He’s cute”, she said.

 

“Yup. Just like me”, Sungyeol replied, earning a glare from Sooyeon.

 

“You wished”, she said. “Do you think he can make her happy?”

 

“I think so. Somehow I can feel pure happiness and peace radiated from him. I’m sure it will help Jihyun a lot”, Sungyeol said again. Then, the automatic doors moved aside, letting a man, dressed in white clothes with hoodie from head to toe, walked into the store, approaching the two shopkeepers. He then stopped in front of the cashier desk, facing both of them. They couldn’t see the man’s face, as the hoodie blocked the way. The man just stayed in silence, making the shopkeepers confused.

 

“May I help you sir?”, Sungyeol spoke up while Sooyeon just tried to examine the man’s features. Then, the man moved his hand in formation, right in front of their faces, as they felt wind blown to them. After several movements, he quietly walked out the store, leaving the two shopkeepers confused.

 

“What was that?”, Sungyeol asked, a little bit annoyed to know that the man wasn’t buying anything from the store yet just made weird moves on them.

 

“I don’t know. Weirdo. By the way what were we talking before?”, Sooyeon asked, trying hard to recall what they were talking earlier. Sungyeol did the same.

 

“Jihyun?”, Sungyeol said, unsure to his answer.

 

“Why were we talking about her?”, Sooyeon asked again.

 

“I forgot”

 


Sorry for just updating, i just got home from daughter-mother quality time :D

By the way, tomorrow will be the day of National Exam's result announcement. I feel like my heart is going to burst into pieces due to the nervous feeling i have. I really wish the result will be satisfying enough. Wish us luck!

And... in like 5 days, there will be the announcement of the first round National State Universities Entrance Exam too. This just makes me going crazeeeeh, i hope i pass this first round so i don't have to take the second round, wish us the best!

So many wishing i ask you to make haha, sorry, this month is like a long waiting for Indonesian senior years :)

Thanks a lot for reading, commenting, and subscribing

I love you guyssss <3