40

Fallen Angel

His POV

She then stops at one shelf, containing several packages of… diapers? Why does she take me here? She then turns around and faces the confused me.

 

“Did Jihyun say which one she wanted you to buy?”, she asks. I shake my head, signaling I have no idea which one Jihyun wanted to buy. I don’t even know which one is the pad.

 

She then takes one of the packages and pass it to me. I catch it and stare at it confusedly. What can this thing do to stop the bleeding?

 

“Is this the right one?”, I ask her.

 

“Yup. Jihyun always buys that one”

 

“But she’s bleeding. How can this thing stop the bleeding?”, I ask. The female shopkeeper giggles at my sentence.

 

“That’s not bleeding. It’s called period. Girls normally have that once a month”, she explains. Once a month? So girls will lose their bloods once a month? How can they survive with that?

 

“Don’t worry. It’s natural”, she says again, as she leads me to walk away from the shelf. I just follow her, still thinking it’s weird for girls to naturally lose their blood once a month. Don’t they die in losing too much blood? Humans are weird.

 

“By the way, sorry for what Sungyeol said earlier. He’s a real protective person when it comes to Jihyun”, she says again. I then feel anger rises up in my body. What is Sungyeol to Jihyun? Is he his boyfriend? Or is he the person Jihyun had cried over earlier?

 

“Is he the one who left Jihyun at her wedding day?”, I blatantly ask. I don’t even know why I am asking that. I have no business in it yet I just feel the urge to ask. The female shopkeeper stares at me in shock.

 

“Jihyun told you about him?”, she asks back. I just nod. The female shopkeeper then goes in deep thoughts, before finally says, “You must have gotten a special place in Jihyun’s heart, to have her told you the story about ‘that person’”, she says again.

 

“So, is this Sungyeol guy ‘that person’?”, I ask her.

 

She smiles once. “No. Sungyeol is her cousin. ‘That person’ has been gone away for like several months”. I put an ‘Ooh’ expression. She then chuckles once, and walks closer to me. I stare at her confusedly again, wondering what she will do to me. She then reaches out her hand, asking for a handshake.

 

“I’m Kim Sooyeon, Jihyun’s bestfriend! Jihyun’s friend is my friend too”, she says with a happy tone. I take her hand and have a shakehand with her. “I’m Baekhyun. Nice to meet you”

 

She then lets go the handshake and starts to walk again. I follow her, not wanting to be alone between these high shelves. I might get lost.

 

“So… how long have you known Jihyun?”, she starts a conversation.

 

“Several days?”, I say, unsure by my own answer. How long has it been since I first met Jihyun?

 

“Whew, Jihyun lets a stranger live with her? That’s something new, considering she didn’t even want to meet guys again”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Don’t know. Maybe she’s afraid”. Afraid?

 

“Afraid of what?”, I ask her, curiously. Jihyun seems to be a brave girl for me, considering that she was once walked in the middle of the night, finding me who was covered with blood from head to toe, yet still managed to bandage all of my wounds in one night. What is Jihyun afraid of?

 

“Afraid that she is going to have her heart broken once again. She was getting herself in terrible desperation after her plan to get married ruined in the last minutes”

 

“Oh, I see”, that’s the only thing I can say. Then, silence comes wrapping us as we walk towards the cashier. After several moments in silent, she then speaks up again.

 

“Baekhyun, do you have some feelings towards Jihyun? Like… love her?”, she asks again. Love? Do I love Jihyun? What kind of feeling considered as love? Then I feel my heartbeat races like a lightning and feel my stomach do a double tumbling.

 

“W-what do you mean?”, I ask. Aish, why stuttering?

 

“You know, when you were near her, you felt you heartbeat raced, blood rushing to your face, butterflies in your stomach, sudden nervous, and other things like that. Did you feel that?”. Whew, I felt all of that everytime I see Jihyun. Is that what they call love? Do I love her?

 

The female shopkeeper just smiles to see me in deep thoughts. She then says something that really catches my attention.

 

“Well, I don’t know if you love her or not, it’s your own choice. Just want you to know that she really needs you by her side now. Don’t ever hurt her. She’s hurt enough”

 

Then she walks again, leaving me in my own deep thoughts. My mind goes back to what Jihyun said earlier.

 

“Promise me, you won’t ever leave me. Stay by my side, and help me to get over it”

 

I smile to myself as I determine with my own decision. I won’t leave Jihyun. I promise.

 

Another update! So, Baekhyun promised himself to stay by her side, despite the fact that he was an angel :D

After this chapter, I can't promise you to show Baekhyun's dorkiness again, since it's time to be serious hoho, but i'll try to add a little bit his dorkiness ><

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D

Je t'aime <3 *a little bit French since i've learned it for the last three years and not getting better on it*