53

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

“Whoaaaa”

 

That was the only word escaping from his mouth. His gaze wandered around as his eyes grew bigger in amazement. Jihyun just chuckled and shook her head in amusement. She calmly walked ahead and Baekhyun followed from her behind.

 

The park wasn’t that crowded, only several people passed by and kids running and playing around. The wind breezed lightly towards both of them, flipping their clothes a bit as they walked side by side around the park. Leaves were falling from their branches, creating a rug of leaves all over the path. Jihyun pulled out her camera and took the picture of the falling leaves and smiled in satisfy. She loved photography, and taking photos of scenery was one of her favorite things to do.

 

“This park is really big”, he said still in awe. Jihyun put her camera back into her bag and looked at the boy standing next to her. He was still looking around with amazed expression plastered on his face. Jihyun smiled once to see this.

 

“Do you remember this place?”, Jihyun asked and continued her walking. Baekhyun followed her again and tried to match up his steps with hers.

 

“Uhm… no?”, Baekhyun said as he tapped his chin, trying to remember about this place. ‘This place do feel familiar though’

 

“I found you drenched in blood here”, Jihyun said, making the boy snapped his finger. ‘Oh so that’s why it feels familiar’

 

“I remember!”, he exclaimed in childish manner. Jihyun shook her head and continued to walk again. Silence was around them, only some shouting and laughter from the children heard. Rather than taking it as awkward, both of them felt it was such a peaceful moment to remember.

 

They were now in the middle of a big circle in the centre of the park. There were eleven statues standing in circle, making a formation of a clock, but missing one statue to complete it. Jihyun and Baekhyun walked towards one of the statue and stared blankly at them.

 

“They said,”, Jihyun started to speak up. “It took twelve angels to guard the Earth. Each of them got different special power to protect the heart of the Earth. This park was made in respect of those angels”

 

Baekhyun just nodded as he heard the random fact of the park slipped off from . He stared closely at one of the statue they were facing with. ‘It does look like Suho-hyung’. He then looked at its side, and found that should be the place where the missing statue stood.

 

“Where’s the statue that should be standing here?”, Baekhyun asked.

 

“They said it was suddenly missing. Truth to be told, it was my favorite one. They are still working to make the new one”, she said. Baekhyun nodded again and his eyes caught a writing on the ground. Baekhyun bent down to see what it was. But the writing was blur.

 

“It said, ‘Light Angel’”, she spoke up again. Baekhyun put an ‘O’ expression and stood up. “That’s why it was my favorite one”, she continued.

 

“Why? Don’t you think that one over there looks better?”, he pointed at the tallest statue from the eleven. Somehow he found the statue looked so charismatic. ‘Just like Kris. Ugh speaking of him, why is he so handsome while I’m here with rotten looks on my face?’

 

She shook her head and smiled. “Well, everyone needs light in their lives right?”, she said and walked past the statues. ‘Everyone… including me’¸she thought.

 

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder, not understanding what she meant. He then followed her again from behind, but stopped his steps when he found something he always wanted to have. Something fun he always did up there in Heaven. Something that…

 

“SWINGS!”, he exclaimed in happiness. Jihyun was shocked with his loud voice, and in less than a second, she felt her body flying as he dragged her along with him, running to the empty swings.

 


Updated! Oh.em.gi. this is just so boring, i'm really sorry huhu this would be the bridge from dorky scenes to the serious one.

I hope i don't disappoint you guys, dorky baekhyun will fly off to the moon and replaced by the serious and sweet one.

Please do comment if you find it uninteresting, which most likely do.

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing

Love you guyssss <3