13

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

She went to clean up the mess she made when cooking the breakfast. She was just about to wipe the counter, when Baekhyun bounced happily and said, “I’ll help!”.

 

‘He is so lively. Good thing then, it’s been too quiet before he came’, she thought, as her gaze suddenly fell on his shirtless upper body. She quickly looked away from her, couldn’t take it to see his bare chest anymore. ‘I was okay earlier, why so nervous now?’

 

He then made his way to the sink, turning the water tap and letting the water showers the dirty dishes. He then put on the rubber gloves, took one of the dirty plates, and started to wash it. He washed it with full of concentration as he got his eyebrows furrowed in seriousness. She chuckled as she noticed the weird expression of the man standing next to her.

 

“Why so serious?”. Baekhyun turned his attention to her and smiled widely.

 

“I’ve never washed the plates before”, he said. He turned his attention back to the plate he held.

 

“Oh, not-so-diligent-boy”, she said, still wiping the dirty kitchen counter.

 

‘I can’t help it. Usually water angels would just spray water in the air and then in a blink of eye everything went clean’, he thought. Of course he wouldn’t say that to her, unless he wanted her to bring him to the hospital for psychological case.

 

“You know what? I haven’t got to know you”, she said, out of nowhere.

 

“You know my name already, don’t you?”, he asked back, still with his attention on washing the plates.

 

“I do. But I want to know you better. I mean… I can’t let a stranger I barely even knew stay in my house”, she said again, now her eyes on his face. She was amazed with how good his feature was. His soft skins, his bright eyes, everything. Everything of him just doesn’t look real for her. ‘Are you even a human?’

 

“What do you want to know then?”, he said as he turned his face on her. He was struck on her dark brown eyes, being drowned in them. He could see Heaven from her eyes, as well as darkness on other part in her. He felt his heartbeat raced faster than before. ‘What is this?’

 

“Like… what were you doing in the park earlier?”, she asked. He quickly snapped out and turned his attention back to the plates. ‘I can’t take it to look on her eyes any longer. I felt breathless when I saw her eyes’

 

“No-nothing”, he said nervously. He was surprised by his own stuttering. ‘Why am I stuttering?’

 

“But how did you get those wounds?”, she asked again, pointing to every wound on his body.

 

“I fell”, he said again, as short as the first answer. She pouted in disappointment. ‘He was lively earlier, why did he change his attitude now?’

 

“Liar”, she said. She couldn’t believe it. How could falling cause so many wounds like those on his body? Especially the holes. Normal falling won’t get you holes on your body right?

 

“I’m serious!”, he said as he turned his face again to her.

 

“Why did you fall then?”

 

“Someone pushed me”, he said as he scoffed at his own sentence. ‘It reminds of that old man. If it’s not because of him, I would still in Heaven, practicing my skills to be the guardian angels’

 

“And leave?”, she asked again, earning a nod from him. “Why did he push you?”

 

“Can you cut down the question?”, he snapped, earning a pout from her. ‘Stupid! That’s kinda rude Baekhyun. Why are you acting like this?’

 

“I just wanna know”, she said as she looked away. ‘Why is he like that?’ He caught a glance of her pouting and regretted what he said before.

 

“Ask other thing”, he said nervously again, as he took glances on her, hoping it would at least get her smiling again. And it worked.

 

“Okay, where do you come from?”, she asked again with bright eyes.

 

“It’s a secret”, he said as he put his index finger on his mouth. ‘It’s Heaven’

 

“Birthday?”

 

“I forgot?”, he said as he shrugged his shoulder. ‘Angels don’t have birthday’, that was what actually he thought, but of course, he couldn’t say it to her.

 

“Who on Earth could forget his own birthday?”, she said in annoyance.

 

“Me”, he said as he flashed a grin. As soon as he turned his attention from the plates to her, he couldn’t hold back the urge to smile and ended up smiling stupidly with his wide grin. ‘Awawa what happen to me? Stop acting like a weirdo Baekhyun’

 

“You’re weird”, she said, shaking her head in disbelief as she continued her work in cleaning the kitchen. ‘He’s so random’

 

“Thanks”, he said mischievously. She then put a face, sticking her tongue out, and continued wiping the kitchen counter.

 

He just chuckled, finding her act was really cute. His gaze kept following every move she made, and he could feel the warmth run over his body, making his heart thump faster, giving a comfortable feeling all over his body. He smiled warmingly as he saw her now cleaning the stove, which was facing the window of the kitchen. Bright light emerged from the window and fell gracefully on her, giving an extra effect of warmth spreaded all over the room. ‘She looks like a pure angel’

 

Then she turned her face to him, realizing that he was gazing at her. “What’s your problem?”, she said as she put a face. He just chuckled and shook his head, turning his attention back to the plates he had been holding for several minutes. Warmth still flowed on his body, and he liked the feeling of it, which he had never felt even when he was in Heaven.

 

‘Maybe this is what the other angels in Heaven always feel everyday’, he thought.

 


Updated! Gotta update now because I don't if i could make it to update later, I got this intensive classes to attend this morning and a wedding party tonight woohoo :D

And it's a really long chapter since I had to put some random conversation in it -_- Well in case you're too lazy to read it, the point is Baekhyun and Jihyun started to grow a feeling towards each other haha. Sorry i made this chapter in a rush so i couldn't express their feelings right and maybe there's some grammatical errors *bow 90 degree*

Thank you for reading this, and thanks a lot for commenting and subscribing :) Good day everyone *waving from afar*