85

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

 

 

As if I was reborn as a child who doesn't know anything
I thought it was a dream so I closed my eyes and opened them again
I am standing in front of you as if I was praying
I want to walk side by side with you at least once
Just once

 

 

She slowly climbed up the little hill formed in that place, the cemetery. She hugged a bouquet of flowers in her hand, while the other hand was placed on her head, trying to keep her hair on its place against the breeze that softly hit her. She finally reached her destination. The place where he had been resting for a year. Hyunjae’s grave.

 

You are more dazzling than Michael
Who can ever oppose you? I won't forgive anyone who does
Just like the first person to step on Eden
Every day, I will only go toward you and trust you with my heart

 

She deeply inhaled as she looked up to the sky. She found herself missing him, or them, Baekhyun and Hyunjae. It had been a long time since she last heard that song, but then the song suddenly played in replay in her mind. Hyunjae’s sweet words and Baekhyun’s sweet voice really did make her calm a bit. Although it was a little bit corny, she found herself believing that they were both her guardian angels, protecting her from the rude world, although making her sinking in the valley of desperate longing.

 

Even if it's a small thing,
I want to protect you for always
So you won't ever have to suffer
I'm eternally love


 

She slowly trailed her hand to its tombstone, wiping the dust that covered the name of the grave’s owner. Lee Hyunjae. She smiled as she kneeled down to the stone’s level. She took out her napkin, and diligently cleaned the dust.

 

“It’s been a long time, Oppa”

 

As your guardian angel, I will block out that strong wind
Even if everyone turns their back against you
On hard days, I will wipe away your tears

 

She smiled as she found the grave was a little bit cleaner than before. She then stared closely to his grave, like he was standing next to her. A strong, cold, breeze suddenly blew to her, making all of the leaves behind her falling from the trees. But then, she found nothing happened to her. Her hair was still tidy, and her clothes were still neat. She smiled as she felt a soft brush on her cheeks.

 

“Hi, Oppa. Sorry for just visiting you now”, she muttered and sat down, hugging her own knees as she stared at the tombstone. A soft wind now brushed on her back, but weirdly giving a warmth atmosphere around her. ‘He’s here’

 

“You know Oppa, I really missed you”, she said again, and the wind blew softly to her hair again, like someone patting her head. She smiled, as she felt tears b her eyes. She was still sad, to know that she was left alone by the person she used to love the most. Her future-fiance.

 

On hard days, I will wipe away your tears
If only I can be that kind if person
Wherever we go, it'll be heaven

 

She smiled, before one drop of tears managed to escape. But instead of taking it as a heavy feeling, like she used to do, she felt a lot lighter than before. It wasn’t a tear of anger. It was a tear of forgiving. She forgave him, for leaving her alone in the darkness pit. She was already moved on, and not bothering of the loneliness she felt. She could let him go now, resting in a true peace. And that’s because of Baekhyun.

 

“But Oppa… I missed him even more…”, she muttered. A soft wind blew again, twirling around her as she felt someone patting her head. She smiled softly, feeling comfortable from her head to toe. She knew Hyunjae was there, sitting next to her as he was ready to listen to her story.

 

“Oppa, I… have forgiven you. I’ve moved on. I finally can let you go…”, she muttered. She felt a tight hug on her shoulder as she said that, filled with grateful atmosphere.

 

“I already found someone else, Oppa. One that surely can take your position to protect me”, she said again, hugging her knees closer to her body. Images of Baekhyun kept popping in her mind. The wind blew a lot softer, letting her to get herself warm. She smiled in comfort, before continuing her talk.

 

“But he left me too… he went to your place, Oppa. Have you met him?”, she said, like Hyunjae could really hear her question. But she believed he could. The wind blew again, and somehow she took it as a yes. She smiled again as she buried her head to her knees.

 

“I missed him, Oppa…”

 

GA-BRUK!

 

A loud sound of something falling took her attention as she looked up from her knees to her surroundings. She didn’t find anything on her side, so she tried to turn around and searched for what produced that sound.

 

“YAH YOU CAN’T DO THAT! THAT’S UNFAIR!!!!”, a yell was heard from the bottom of the hill. She quickly stood up, and walked to where the sound was heard.

 

It took only several steps from her, before meeting someone stood in front of her, backfacing her. He was looking up to the sky and yelling to it, being angry as he kept ranting.

 

“HOW DARE YOU TO PUSH ME AGAIN!”, he yelled to the sky, pointing to it. Her eyes widened as she heard his voice. ‘It sounds so familiar’

 

I have come to love you now
There's no place for me to go back
My wings have been taken away, oh no

 

 

“YAH KRIS-HYUNG! GIVE ME BACK MY WINGSSSSS!”

 

Her eyes got wider than before. The figure, the voice, the word-selections. All of them were really just like his.

 

Even if I lost eternal life, the reason why I'm happy
Is because my forever is now you
Eternally love

 

 

“Aish, those guys should really repay for this. Urgh”, he cursed as he fixed his clothes. He dusted off all of the dirt from his clothes. She was just standing there, digesting all of the scene happened right in front of her.

 

He then turned around as he tried to find a way out. His gaze was still fixed to his clothes, dirty from the dusts that couldn’t be removed. She could clearly see him now. It was really him.

 

I ride the soft wind into your world
I go right next to you and you ask where I came from
You asked so innocently so I answered that it is a secret


 

Soft winds were blewn, flipping her hair and dress, messing his hair around. He looked up to fix his hair, when his gaze met hers.

 

Sparks. That was the only thing they could feel now.

 

They were standing close, staring at each other. Soft winds kept blowing between them, giving off the atmosphere of comfort and warm. Both of them were frozen, until she muttered his name, the way he really missed.

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

He smiled as he walked closer to her. He felt happy, excited, touched, everything. Tears were seen in his eyes, as he finally reached her place. He her cheek softly, feeling the softness he had been missing since that day. She just let him to do so, with her eyes still fixed on his face. It was him… it was really him.

 

He trailed his eyes on her face, examining it closely as he took his hand back to him. He smiled and she smiled back. Sparks… that was the only thing seen in their eyes. He smiled once, before dragging her along with him, running with the wind that blew softly towards them. She just smiled, as she let herself being dragged by him, running around the cemetery.

 

Because if we just walk together like this,
Wherever we go

 

“It’s been a while, Jihyun. I missed you”

 

It'll be heaven

 


So yeahhh it's completed!

I hope you don't mind to re-read this hehehe

thanks a lot for the support, and i hope you can check my other fanfic

There will be a project of EXO, 12 different stories that (hopefully) connect to each other

Please anticipate it :)