32

Fallen Angel

Her POV

Mr. Jung words are still echoing in my mind. I just realized I’ve been a very conservative person lately. After that incident, I slowly closed my heart and locked myself in my own desperation. I left the people who loved me, and not bothered to contact them, including Mr. Jung.

 

It wasn’t like I didn’t want to interact with other people, it was because I was afraid if people around me would start to leave me one by one. Well, nothing lasts forever right? I know there would be no way ‘to be together forever’ to be possible. One day, the one you loved the most would end up leaving you for something we always know as ‘death’

 

“Take my words as consideration, Jihyun. I’m sure it will work”, Mr. Jung says again. I stare at him weakly , not fully believe it. I just lose hope in everything I do.

 

“Then who would be the one to cure my wounds, Mr. Jung?”, I ask him.

 

“I don’t know, maybe… an angel who happened to pass by?”, he says teasingly, as he giggles by his own. I just chuckle once, knowing that Mr. Jung was kidding. But wait, angel? My mind suddenly goes to Baekhyun. Could it be him? Could he cure my wounds? He’s an angel right?

 

“Well, seems like my words already hit the right place in your heart. Think about it deeply, and I’m sure you’ll find the answer”, he says. He then gets up from where he sits. “Want some chocolate cakes? I can wrap one slice for you. No need to pay, take it as my treat”

 

Chocolate cakes? YEAY! I LOVE CHOCOLATE CAKES! But wait, I’m no longer alone at home. I got this Baekhyun stayed over my house too. Should I bring one for him? Hm, I acted rudely towards him this morning, maybe I should buy one slice for him as apology.

 

“Mr. Jung, can you wrap it for two? I’ll pay the other slice”

 

***

I walk happily to my house after finishing the business with Mr. Jung and the one who owns the place I worked before. Thankfully, he accepts me as his workers again, although I’ve been skipping works so many times. I get this box with two pieces of chocolate cakes in my hand. I plan myself to eat them with Baekhyun, considering what Mr. Jung said. I’m going to start opening my heart, waiting for someone to cure its wounds. Well, as a start, I’m going to act nice towards people, and Baekhyun will be my first victim haha.

 

I quickly enter the house as soon as I open the door. I find it too quiet, I wonder what Baekhyun’s doing now. I look around the living room and search him in the bedroom, but he is nowhere to find. Where is he actually?

 

Then, as I walk out from the bedroom, I hear some melodious tone from ‘that room’. It sounds like a piano. Argh, I just remember I haven’t locked it earlier. Baekhyun must be the one who plays the piano. He must have entered it earlier and rummaged through the things. Aish Baekhyun, what do you want actually?

 

“Yah Baek-“

 

I’m about to yell at him for entering the room without my permission. Especially ‘that room’. But I get myself frozen as soon as I reach the door, to see Baekhyun is sitting there, playing the piano with his back facing me. His back figure reminds me of ‘that person’. I always found him sitting there, playing the piano, everytime I entered his room.

 

Then, a familiar melody runs through my ears, touching the nerve on my eyeball, as I feel a tear drop starts to roll down. I know this song. I remember clearly this song. This is the first song he wrote, and he always sang this to me everytime I felt sad or down, the reason why I still can’t get this song out of my mind. I love this song by my heart.

 

My annoyance towards Baekhyun is gone, changed into the feeling of peace and comfort. This is the feeling I always get everytime I listen to this song. And I know, it gave ‘that person’ the same feeling.

 

‘What do you think, Jihyun?’

 

‘It’s great Oppa! I love it!’

 

‘How about playing it in our wedding day?’

 

‘Agree!’

 

I scoff at my own memories. That never happened though. He didn’t even show up at that day. And if you ask the reason why, partly it was because of me.

 

I ride the soft wind into your world
I go right next to you and you ask where I came from
You asked so innocently so I answered that it is a secret
Because if we just walk together like this
Wherever we go, it'll be heaven

 

His voice… is really soothing, it suits the song perfectly. Warm atmosphere now tingles on my skin, wrapping the room into a comfortable situation. It feels peaceful. I missed this feeling. I missed how comfortable to feel warm runs through your body, and make you relax in its touch.

 

Then, I notice something bright on his back. It must be his wings, urging to come out and show their forms. Baekhyun is a real angel, and now I believe it. What makes me wonder is, what does an angel, Baekhyun, do on Earth? Shouldn’t he be in Heaven now? Is he casted away from Heaven? And, from all of the people around the world, why should I be the one to meet him? Does that mean he’s going to be the one who cures my wounds? Does he?

 

I get back to reality when I notice he’s finished playing the piano. The bright light on his back is also disappeared. I quietly wipe the tears, and stand properly, leaning on the door’s side.

 

“You really like to rummage through someone else’s things, don’t you Baekhyun?”

 


Updated! So, it's up to the moment Jihyun caught him red-handed. Sorry, still working on Jihyun's reaction hehe.

And sorry for just updating now, i was on my driving class yesterday, and it was fun! Although i still can't control the car perfectly that the teacher needs to step on emergency brake everytime i almost hit another car :D

And have you watched Infinite's 'The Chaser' MV? IT'S REALLY COOOL hoho my first group bias other than EXO ><

Btw, thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing.

I love you guys <3