Sail by Ari-Yah

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Okay so I think I did reviews out of order because I was confused to why I couldn't find your request but it was below the last two so I think you were supposed to go first and I AM SORRY, I guess I'm just everywhere right now e_e
Sail
LINK
BY ari-yah


Title:
I like the title for a few reasons; it's short and to the point, fairly unique as I haven't seen another story with this title (since it doesn't seem common), and you can tell off the bat the title relates to the story (if the pirate mention and sailboat in the poster weren't obvious enough). Overall, I think it's a good title albeit a bit simple (but simple is always good too!)

Description/Foreword:
Description is pretty much on point. I mean, I'm personally interested in the story because I want to know what goes down when he figures out he had captured the wrong person. I feel like this will be an adventure with captivating events and all of that jazz because of how it's presented. The description successfully made me want to read and that's what a description is supposed to do.

As for the foreword, I think it's a great preview to the fanfiction and heightens the want to have people read it. The story doesn't sound overly cliché nor does it really make you want to turn away from it so there's really not much to criticize here.


Plot:
Truthfully, I wasn't expecting to actually sit down and read this all but I went against that because holy that was amazing, I absolutely adored it. I almost forgot that I was supposed to be reviewing the story, not reading it for personal enjoyment (but I enjoyed it anyways so win-win).

The plot was very good and I wasn't expecting such long chapters like damn. The plot was very well thought out and I might have to read the sequel if I ever get around to it. The conflict of the plot was also very clear and I love everything about this and I'm surprised it didn't get more recognition since the build of the relationship between Chanyeol and Baekhyun is flawless and everything is paced perfectly.

I like the idea of them being in space and the fact that there's life on other planets as well. I thought that was pretty unique to the story and I feel like you really took time to describe/think out these other planets that they are going to on the ship. When I read pirates, I was expecting different honestly (I was leaning towards Pirates of the Carribean since I don't look at tags) and this was quite the twist which made the story all more enjoyable. 


Writing Style/Flow:
First of all, those chapters were damn lengthy which I like in a story, I expected it to be much shorter for some reason. I don't know why though so oops. The writing style was damn flawless though, you put a lot of detail into everything and you developed Chanyeol and Baekhyun's relationship very well over the chapters. I think it's good that there will be a sequel and I hope it gets just as much recognition and more.

For the flow, I think it was well done since you didn't rush them into a relationship. The pacing of everything that happened was good as well and I like how you get to know more than just two characters since you're introduced to a few over the chapters.


Characterization:
This section was very good overall but talking about Baekhyun, I loved his character. You can easily tell how Chanyeol changed him from the beginning of the story to the end. He started off as someone who hid himself and seemed ruthless and like he never cared but Chanyeol definitely brought the better out in him, I think it was ing cute honestly. Like the way they interacted from the beginning of the story definitely changed by the end of the story and I think the development was just executed very well in this story.

Personal Enjoyment:
I enjoyed it a lot honestly, I seriously wasn't planning to read the whole thing but once I started I kind of couldn't stop and lowkey forgot I was supposed to be reviewing for a story which is good, you really got me hooked and that's something I wasn't expecting! I didn't have to write much since there's honestly nothing wrong with this story at all, it's very well written and planned out and it's going to be plopped onto the featured list because, um, yes. Just yes. :p

Don't forget to credit the shop and let me know if you have any questions!