TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN by Angst_hyung

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
I honestly was confused on what you wanted me to review since it wasn't specified so I chose these two since they were ships I like or
semi like, so I hope that's okay. If you wanted a certain one reviewed I'm sorry but these are the ones I chose- hope that's okay.
to whom it may concern
LINK
BY angst_hyung

Note:
Okay so, I'm going to change around/take some things out for the review because this is a oneshot collection, not a single story. For title, I will NOT be reviewing the "To Whom It May Concern" (why is it in caps? I feel like I'm being yelled at via caps haha) because that isn't the title to anything - I will review the title in the oneshots I picked. Also, there are no descriptions/foreword to these things, so that section will be omitted/removed. I'll seperate the reviews into two sections so you know which is for which.

I'll be reading two (2) of the oneshots personally chosen by me since I don't know if you want a certain one done. I chose: C'est La Mort and Jimin's Years of Love Letters for Jeon Jungkook


C'est La Morte

Title:
So I looked up the meaning to "C'est La Morte" and I was like damn. As far as first looking, I really like the title, I also saw that it was a song and I tried to listen to it but the song wasn't my taste so I kind skipped out on it. After reading, I can see how the title relates to the story as it IS in the lyrics of the song used but even then, "such is death" can kind of represent Seokjin. 

Plot:
I had a feeling this would be angsty when I looked up the meaning for C'est La Morte as I said above and I was like "damn." Though, how the story started was kind of cliche with the mentions of the red string of fate since a lot of people since to use that these days. I like the whole "I don't know where you're going, but I'm coming with you." that was sweet to me.

There was some real stuff in here like the child abuse, that would definitely make someone feel for what's going on and I guess this kind of shows some of the angst I was looking for. The suicidal thoughts, the cuttings, the drugs - it really makes you feel a certain way and I think you did a good job with the angst.

Writing Style/Flow:
The word "cheesy" was spelled as "chessy" at the beginning, or near the beginning, of the story. Besides that, I didn't see any other mistakes and everything was well written - you knew how to make the readers feel like an "angsty teen" (as they call them) and I think the flow of the story was perfect.

Characterization:
For characterization, there's not much for me to say as it's a pretty short story but what I can say is that Namjoon's personality very much mirrors his real one, I'd say. He's a leader, I feel like he'd try to be there for s when they're in need - I think he's just as kind as you made him out to be in the story. He loves Seokjin and the way you wrote him really showed that.

For Seokjin, there's some background on him and he's obviously suffering from what seems to be depression which is a very touchy subject alongside suicide and child abuse. You portrayed him well and I felt for him despite this just being a work of fanfic.

Personal Enjoyment:
Namjin's one of the ships I don't remember getting into, it's kind of weird. It just happened one day and I accepted it, haha. The poster for it has really nice photos though, I like them since they fit with each other. The story itself was enjoyable and I felt the angst come through especially with the topics brought up.


Jimin's Years of Love Letters for Jeon Jungkook

Title:
The title is a bit long and definitely a mouth full but I can see why it's called what it is. It's literally saying that Jimin's been writing love letters to Jeon Jungkook for years. In the aspect of relating to the story, it's an A+ since it links to the story perfectly as for catchiness or originalness, it doesn't really hit that high mark.

Plot:
I like how "Yet, there's still no reply. There's still no reply." is repeated. It really emphasizes the fact that Jungkook's never replied to his letters or anything of the sorts which is kind of sad. 

OH MY GOD. That was a ing plot twist at the end, I didn't think he was dead I just figured he didn't reply cause maybe a different lover or something. Jesus Christ, plot twist. I love plot twists and I think you really nailed the plot twist.

Writing Style/Flow:
I usually don't like non-3rd POV stories but this POV was perfect for this type of story. It made you really know what he was feeling throughout the years and suhyuasjdh. Anyways, the stories (both of them included of course) were both well written and the flow was good.

Characterization:
Despite Jungkook never replying to his letters, Jimin kept writing them and it kind of shows an unhealthy addiction to the letter writing. He said he's done it every day which can show obsession. It seemed like he was so obsessed that he remembered him over his own name which can very much be concerning to someone. At least he got his memories back.

Annnnd, then Jungkook's dead. Bye, I'm done LOLOLOL. (What is wrong with me right now) but really, I wasn't expecting that.

Personal Enjoyment:
I liked this one more out of the two and I don't really know why, maybe cause I'm a er for good plot twists. I don't know why the thought of him being dead never came to mind but it really made me go "holy lol" so that was a nice little twist for meeee. I do like Jikook (I think I do, at least) and I thought this was enjoyable for what is was. I guess I chose the good stories since I liked them both LOL (though my choices had to really do with me not liking the other ships listed at all, whoops - still good choices though).

Lemme know if you have any questions and don't forget to credit the shop.