English Only by SVTcrux

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Thank you for requesting and I hope the review helped a bit. Please remember to pick up your review and credit the shop.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything but if I did and you got a question, let me know! 
english only
LINK
BY svtcrux


Title:
I can see why the title is called "English Only" as the notebook found was in English. The title is not one I've seen before which is always a good thing but I wouldn't really call it captivating. It's a decent title and as I said, does relate to the story's description, so overall it's mainly just a decent title.

Description/Foreword:
The description tells you what the story is about without revealing way too much so that's a good thing. It's pretty short but it makes you wonder what will happen because of "First was Kim Mingyu. Second was I love you." Though I'm guessing Joshua and Mingyu either know each other or Joshua just knows about him.

Plot:
The plot does have some cliche aspects to it and it was kind of easy to predict that Joshua would come back for the notebook after Mingyu found and looked through it and that they would meet afterwards. It was also kind of predictable that Mingyu would think about the boy since that's usually how it goes.

The thing that was eh was the fact that Mingyu wanted to ask him out the day they met. I think it would have been better to actually get to know each other before jumping into a relationship. Even if he noticed things no one else did, Mingyu shouldn't have jumped to asking him out after not even a full day. I think it would have been better for there to be more of an open-ended ending where Mingyu asks him to hang out or something and then the readers can kind of predict what'll happen between the two. I just don't think jumping into a relationship like that is very realistic nor should it happen because someone is kind or notices simple things about you.

Writing Style/Flow:
When it comes to writing style, it's very nice and everything is described well. I think the writing style is very descriptive and proper sounding but yet it's easy to understand. As for flow, to me I think it was a bit too soon for Mingyu to ask him out just because he was interesting and kind. It was definitely too fast and I think relationships that jump into things because of that stuff, do not last very long at all.

Characterization:
Mingyu was definitely a kind character and the part with the eldery lady made me smile; I hate seeing old people sit alone. Mingyu's definitely a nice guy. What I didn't like is that he asked Joshua to date him after meeting with him for technically the first time as stated above. It was just not a logical choice.

As for Jisoo/Joshua, he's a bit awkward and strange at first - definitely can be seen as a stalker but he seems quite kind as well. I don't think he should have accepted Mingyu until getting to know him better because what if Mingyu ends up not liking him? It's worse for him than Mingyu but that's just me being a realist.

Personal Enjoyment:
The plot turned out to be a little too cliche for my likings and I don't think I would have read this on my own since i'm not a fan of this band but the story was very well written and I think that makes up for it. The speed the relationship happened was something I wouldn't really see as logical, as I tend to think logically, but overall the story was good.