Collide (soroue)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Romance

 

Characters: Oh Sehun, Ahyun

 

Status: Ongoing

 

"Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have." 
- Robert Holden.

Notes From Reviewer

 

So sorry for the late review, but I've had laziness and other issues lately but I am here now with the review. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to let me know! Don't forget to credit the shop and I hope you have a good one! (Also, I might've missed out on some things I wanted to say and if it seems like something is missing that's totally on me and I apologize).

Title 

Just from first look and guesses, I'm going to predict that the title has something to do with her and Sehun's worlds kind of "colliding"? That's just my first impression of it but I may be wrong but if that is what was implied, I like it. It's a simple title that can be considered generic but overall I still like it. Anyways, on to reading I go.

Description & Foreword 

Okay ignoring the first half of the description to say that I LOVE THAT ING QUOTE YOU PUT DOWN. 
"Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have." 
This. THIS. This is the most truthful quote I've come by in awhile. While I may not have had real relationship experience, I've roleplayed for many many years and relationships really do work in this way.. If you think you're not good enough, it'll really hinder your relationship with another person; hell that even works with friendships. The quote seriously sold me. I'd talk more about the quote but I should really not do that and go back to the rest of the description (I got too excited). 
Anyways, moving on, the description before the quote does kind of sound cliche but it's unique in it's own way. The girl breaks up with her boyfriend and then meets another guy who shows her love again or something of those sorts. That's what this kind of reminds me of but that's just at first glance. We will see what I put in the plot section.

Plot

Definitely wasn't what I was expecting - I expected it to be heavily cliched but it actually wasn't and that makes me happy. In a way, it is kind of cliche but not to the point of faceplanting. You took a generic idea and made it your own which is hard to do sometimes.

Though one part I don't get is in chapter three when after Sehun asks her to breakfast, she's shocked and goes to say "I barely know you." Like, that seems kind of normal to me since people always hang out somewhere to know the person better? It doesn't sound like he was asking her out on a date plus how else are you going to get to know someone if you don't hang out with them? You're not gonna know by not being around them.

Writing Style 

In the prologue, one part kind of confused me because you practically smashed Jongin's and Ahyun's dialogues together.
It said: "His name is Sehun?" I asked, "Yeah, Oh Sehun. C'mon just a small talk. If he's boring you can walk away. I won't hold you back, promise." A small smile appeared on Jongin's lips as a sigh now escape my lips. I bit my bottom lip before giving up. "Alright then." 
It should be: 
"His name is Sehun?" I asked.

"Yeah, Oh Sehun. C'mon just a small talk. If he's boring you can walk away. I won't hold you back, promise." A small smile appeared on Jongin's lips as a sigh now escaped my lips.

I bit my bottom lip before giving up. "Alright then." 

In the first chapter, that bird gif was kind of distracting - the divider, I mean. It's a little too big in my opinion. maybe one that wasn't a gif would be better? Honestly though, I am quite guilty of using dividers like that. I actually used to use this one for a SeKai fanfic I wrote so damn long ago:

It's quite simple and nice looking if you ever want to use it. I usually don't like those things but I guess your first fanfic will always have a place in your heart and so will the lil dividers (since that SeKai one was tech my first fanfic where I used that divider). 

From chapter one to two, the spacing became weird, and then it was back in chapter three. By spacing I mean it looked kinda smushed(?) togetther, like you didn't really bother with hitting enter to space it. Also in chapter two, some of the characters dialogue was put into the same paragraph. Like when Sehun and Ahyun were talking in the beginning. Their dialogue was put into the same sentence and that can become very confusing.

Also in chapter three, I think you spelled Sehun as Shun somewhere. Or it might've just been me-

Characterization 

Let's start with Ahyun, I like the little detail you put in about her being drunk and taking a dollar from Sehun so she'd tell him her secret; shows how people really do, do stupid when drunk. Just a small thing I noticed and liked because it seemed realisitc and Ahyun can seem like a real person, not just some character in a story. Though, what I don't like is the smoking thing, I think smoking is really unattractive and gross. 

For Sehun, he seems like a normal run on the mill kinda guy. Nothing too extrodinary about him but at the same time he's pretty good and someone pretty enjoyable to be around after getting to know him more. His personality in this makes him quite charming and I think you did a good job with characterizing both of them.

I could talk about Jongin but really, he's just the best friend here that introduces the two; the main focus would definitely be Sehun and Ahyun.

Flow 

For the flow, I'd say it's going at a steady pace and the fanfic isn't rushed, although it does need some improvements here and there, but overall it's not completely rushed. It's not confusing either and I understand what's going on majority of the time minus the confusion on who is talking here and there but besides that, not much complaints about the flow.

Personal Enjoyment 

My main advice would be to fix some of the dialogue since two characters on one line makes it too confusing, if that makes sense. You do it quite a lot and sometimes I have zero clue who is talking. Besides that it wasn't bad and I didn't read all the chapters since I'm kinda tired and my nose medicine is starting to irritate me in different ways- but anyways, it was pretty good and I enjoyed what I read.