Hiraeth by animeotakupooh

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
=auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Sorry for the late-ish review, my laptop finally got itself going again. I hope this review was helpful to you and if you have any questions, please let me know. I hope I didn't forget anything..

Don't forget to credit the shop!
hiraeth
LINK
BY animeotakupooh


Title:
I really like the title since it's not one I've seen before on this website; it seems unique and I looked up what it meant (since I didn't open the story at that time but was interested in the title) and I'm going to guess that the title will be a reoccurring theme within the story - at least I hope it will be.

Description/Foreword:
I do think the description is pretty thought out but at the same time, for me, the soulmate thing really does get old after awhile. I do like the concept of the compass as I said below but the soulmate thing is eh. I do like the description but at the same time, I feel like I can kind of tell what's going to happen at times because it seems like these stories always end a certain way. The description kind of hints that Namjoon's soulmate is either in a different country or on the other side of the world and that his soulmate will kind of make or break him (I think, hell - I feel like I'm talking out my ) but that's mostly just a 'prediction' of some sorts.

Plot:
The plot seems like just another soulmate AU which makes it less exciting to read as there are too many of these and a lot of them do the same themes/things. I've never heard of the compass idea so that was quite new and unique to me so good job adding in something else besides the casual tattoo thing everyone seems to use in one way or another. Though the plot is still pretty cliche in a lot of aspects and I didn't feel all that excited while reading. I know I'm a bit loopy from work but I don't think this plot is exciting as of right now because the real conflict hasn't seemed to have started yet. I'm going to assume that Namjoon's soulmate is Sophia because really, why else is she there? 

Writing Style/Flow:
Whenever someone new speaks, you should hit enter so that a new line starts since you put two people talking in the same paragraph, as well as some missing punctuation that comes after the person stops speaking (right before the " closes). There was also a typo. I picked out a sentence that had all three to explain it better since I'm not that good at explaining things.
"I'll pack something for you to eat on the way" Seokjin told him. "Thank you" Namjoon said gratefully before brushig his teeth.
It should be: 
"I'll pack something for you to eat on the way." Seokjin had told him.
"Thank you," Namjoon said gratefully before brushing his teeth.

You should never put two characters' dialogue in the same paragraph, always always always hit the enter button and make a new line/start a new paragraph because it gets confusing to who is talking a lot of the time.

The word percent was written as per cent which I'm not sure of why but that was something I noticed in chapter two. 

Characterization:
None of the characters really excite me and they don't really stand out. They seem like pretty generic characters who seem quite uninteresting as of right now. Nothing pops out about Namjoon, or the rest of the boys in the little appearances they made, and Sophia makes me think she will be a cliche female role. They don't stand out as strong characters as of right now but maybe if they actually meet, that'll change.

Personal Enjoyment:
I do think the writing needs some polishing in the aspect of proper spacing because I feel like I'm reading run-on sentences when there is no separation between speakers; it becomes a drag to read when it's like that so fixing that seems kind of vital. That'd be the number one thing to focus on I'd think, second being the punctuation - or lack of - when someone stops talking since periods and commas are needed. I personally fail to see an exciting conflict besides having to find his soulmate which is kind of boring and generic. Who knows, maybe you have a plot twist in mind but as the story is only three chapters; it's really hard to tell where you are going with this story since it's still so new and sometimes, the exciting stuff happens later. Just depends.