Of Camps and Broken Hearts by LilyLisa

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
AFF ing on my laptop (and in general... this new editing annoys me) so that's why the review took a bit longer than it usually takes. Sorry!  Anyways, don't forget to credit the shop and pick up your review! 
of camps and broken hearts
LINK
BY lilylisa


Title:
The title is a bit generic but is okay since it literally tells you where they are, camp, and the struggles Jennie has with love and so on. Since the title relates to the story, I say it's a good title because of that - titles that relate to the story are always good to me compared to titles that sound cool but have no meaning.

Description/Foreword:
The first thing I noticed after reading is that it says Jennie doesn't do relationships but she ends up with Lisa which makes me think the description kind of hints why she doesn't do relationships (since she was afraid to confess) and if that was the case then that's pretty good foreshadowing. It's simple enough too and states that they'll be at camp without giving too much away.

Plot:
This is just an FYI, but chapter four seems to be unformatted. Nothing is spaced out and the font is different from the first three chapters, I don't think it's my AFF glitching since every other chapter is fine except five has a different font as well. I thought I should let you know.

Moving on, I liked the plot and how it was executed. You had me captured by the writing style first but I really ended up liking it and reading the whole thing. The plot and conflict of it is very clear - Jennie's struggle at her feelings with Lisa - and the conclusion is that they get together and hopefully have a good relationship from after they have left camp. You made sure to have a struggle in there - which is when Seulgi and Lisa were seen together - and Jennie was struggling as well which gives a good plot. There wasn't many plot twists and even though I love plot twists, this was good too just the way it is.

*Writing Style/Flow:
I don't really have any complaints about the writing style since it was pretty good - you described things quite well and gave us good enough detail to imagine things in the readers heads. The character's dialogue seemed very natural and smooth as if they were real people going through this situation. I didn't find any grammatical mistakes either so that's a plus since those can be quite distracting. And for the flow of the story, I think you did a good job since the story doesn't drag out longer than it should, it ends at a very appropriate place and doesn't leave the reader wondering what the hell had happened. Everything was done very well honestly.

*Characterization:
So the first thing I noticed, and loved, is that Rosé said "mate" because she is from Australia. I thought that was a very nice touch to her character honestly. I feel like Rosé was portrayed perfectly and I can honestly imagine her calling someone 'mate', so nice attention to details on her character. Rosé is only a side character, technically, but her character seems to be Jennie's support and I think that makes her quite important to the story.

Moving on to Jennie, I think she's a solid character. She has her insecurities, fears, and so on. She's afraid to confess to someone because she's afraid and that's a normal feeling to have when confessing to someone you've known for awhile since you don't want to ruin anything. She's not overly cliché and boring, she was fairly well thought out as a character and I liked her.

Lisa seems to resemble the real one a tad bit with the personality which is good. For her character, I like the way she spoke because it seemed very like her and the way she dealt with situations. It seemed natural especially when Jennie was worried that she had messed up and slept with Lisa but in truth she didn't. Lisa acted like most people would and said that they could forget about it which I found her to be more real as a character. If that makes sense.

At first I didn't see why Jisoo felt guilty but I got it after the Lisa and Seulgi part. She's not the biggest character out of the four but her personality seemed very caring and sweet as well as dorky which 100% fits Jisoo.

Overall, I think your characters were well developed and appropriate for the story. None of them seemed out of place and all had fairly good chemistry with each other.

Personal Enjoyment:
I perfer Jensoo and Chaelisa but this was a nice read and is actually my first Blackpink fanfic since I don't really read yuri fanfics even though I ship a lot of yuri ships. I'm glad the fanfic turned out the way it did and it was definitely an enjoyable read! Not gonna lie though, your poster had me thinking I was seeing things when it blurred since I put it right next to the review- 

Anyways, thank you for requesting and I hope I could cover everything you wanted well enough- there wasn't much to really critique since everything was already good. If you do have any questions though, let me know!