Because of Jung by jeannie_jung20

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Please don't forget to credit the shop in the foreword.
because of jung
LINK
BY jeannie_jung20

*This review is not sugarcoated and the truth is bluntly stated.
If I sound harsh, I apologize.


Title:
The title's okay I guess, I mean I can see where it came from considering the fact that, thanks to the foreword, it's based off a B1A4 song. It's not a terrible title since his last name is Jung afterall. There's really not much to say about the title because it's not the most unique thing around but truthfully, it fits the story well enough, I guess.

Description/Foreword:
You can tell this is a cliche story just from the getgo. I didn't even have to read it to know what's going to happen. She's going to be lucky and meet her idol, her idol's gonna hang out with her, god knows some romance might happen. It's all too cliche and I've seen fanfics like this before many, many, times.

The disclaimers aren't really that true though. There's not strong language. I consider strong language as in there's a curse word every sentence/line which there's wasn't that much swearing. There's no unusual humor in this, there's things that shouldn't be mentioned is what it is. Nothing was humorous in the story and I'm more disturbed, if anything. 


Plot:
The first thing I noticed was the fact that the girl had ten cups of coffee. "If you drink 10 or more 8 oz. cups of coffee each day, you are likely to suffer from a series of side effects. Dehydration, nausea, rapid heartbeat, shaking and difficulty sleeping are just some of the side effects of drinking too much coffee."[1] 
I don't think the girl would really be fine with that much caffeine intake but moving on, the girls in the fanfic are representations of what fans should NOT do.

You shouldn't wait outside for the idols, as that's kind of creepy and many idols don't like it, even if they don't openly express it. Recently, the annoying ARMY's of the fandom were practically stalking the boys when they tried to eat out and while they were in their hotels and guess what, BTS told them that they wanted peace and their manager even asked the fans to leave. This is a GREAT example of why fans shouldn't do this and really, what person spends that much time doing that? Do they have nothing else to do with themselves to the point where they have to practically stalk a band? Sounds rather pathetic.

Another thing, people in Korea are very respectful and I really doubt someone would get 'pissed' because someone is in their store... especially when they're buying their stuff? Makes no sense. Also, if you're just going to Korea to see a band, please don't because Korea's not all about K-pop and going there mainly to stalk a band is terrible and inhumane. These girls are legitimately just stalking them. Going to certain places just to try and see them is very much considered stalking.


Okay, so real talk.

I don't know what you were thinking when writing this one part but if this is how you really think, please reevaluate yourself and your thinking because this is far from okay.

"GODDAMNIT! WE'RE BEING INVITED TO B1A4 KINGDOM TO SPEND TIME WITH THEM AND THEM AND I'M JUST STANDING LIKE AN IDIOT!"

THIS is exactly why non-k-pop fans HATE k-pop fans. I have a co-worker who doesn't like k-pop fans for this reason (and her sister is a koreaboo which is pathetic). Sure, not everyone is like this but there are people like this who outshine the people who aren't like this, giving everyone a bad name. is not a joke and a lot of people get every day which is why I am really disturbed that it was even PUT in the story as a JOKE. If this is why the "unsual humor" disclaimer is there, you should get some help because this not humorous.

ANY band would not invite fans to hang out with them, Korean or not. It's dangerous for many reasons and they have busy schedules in the first place. This sounds like a fanfiction written by a kid just because of this, an adult should know not to joke about . I'm not going to bother reading the rest of the story because I don't want to know, this kind of did it for me.

Writing Style/Flow:
The first sentence is grammatically incorrect. "Ah, dang it. We will not gonna see them!!!!"
> The "we will not gonna see them" is quite strange and doesn't really make much sense. It would be something like "We
aren't going to see them" or "We won't see them". As for the exclamation marks, why is there four? You really only  need one.
There are a few grammatically incorrect things within the story, such as:
> "I was not sure what's the effect of 10th caffeine dose"
This sentence doesn't really make any sense because of the word 'dose' which I'm assuming was supposed to be 'does'. A better way to word this sentence would be something like "
I'm not sure what the effect of ten cups of coffee is but otherwise she looked calm."

The word usage is childish at times.

Example: Why Kpop fairies?! Waeeeeeee?! JFC.
> There's a lot wrong with this. First of all, it's very informal for a story. The use of "JFC" is text language, NOT story language. I would stop reading any fanfic/book that started using things like "JFC"
• There are no Kpop fairies, so I have no idea what that's about.
• The way "wae" is written is cringy. Don't use Korean if you can't speak the language, that's that. If you're going to use a language, at least respect it and use it the way it's supposed to. Yes, "why" in Korean is 왜 (wae) but in Korea, they don't use romanization "(wae)" which is why I always tell people to not use Korean in stories if they're not gonna use it the proper way which is in Hangul(Hangeul)/한글. 
Another example: "Ermergerd." 
...I have nothing to say about this, just... why? I wouldn't say anything about it if it was used like a normal person. "Oh my God" isn't as idiotic sounding as that.
+ "HORI"
Since when did people spell Holy as Hori?

After the part where she meets him, the writing becomes... quite horrid to say the least and there's a lot wrong with it. Like, using a hashtag? "#howtocalm" is not story material and the writing sounds, as I said before, childish especially at this point.

"JINYOUNGGGGGGGG!!!! *creys deep inside*" is a great example of what not to do in writing a story for several reasons. 
1: The word "cries" is obviously spelled wrong on purpose to "creys" which is cringe.
2: The use of asterisks(*). This is not a roleplay, stories do not do this to express actions, authors use words to express how someone is feeling. Not the use of asterisks.
3: Her inner thoughts are cringy and Jinyoung's name is very over exaggerated.

Characterization:
The characters, as I said before, are what you don't want in a K-Pop fan and I try to avoid these kinds of people. These are close enough to stalkers. The inner thoughts are childish and these are what characters really shouldn't be in stories.

Also, I find it kind of weird that you named the OC after yourself?


Personal Enjoyment:
I don't know where to start, really. I'm pretty much speechless at this point. Honestly this is like a story of what not to do in Korea. Maybe even what not to do as a human being. Stalking idols, mentioning lightly, it's not... it's just no.

One comment on the story said this was hilarious and I don't see what's funny about it at all.

Don't you find anything in this story creepy?
How do you think the IDOL would feel? They wouldn't be flattered to be stalked.

GOT7's Jackson even BEGGED fans to stop stalking him and to give him space. BTS' has asked more than once NICELY for fans to stop following them and to let them have PEACE. These two things are proof that this is what you don't do. You don't hang around them TRYING to stalk them or see them because they don't want that. They want to feel like human beings sometimes as well and this... yeah, no. I'm not going to go into a huge rant about this.

If you really have any questions about what's written in the review, you can ask. I wasn't going to sugarcoat the review so if I sounded harsh, sorry I can't help that.