Guilty Knight by taeplanet

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
So sorry for the slight delay, I've been very busy and stressed out with school work and an eBay sale I bought that I just opened dispute for. I finally got around to do this! Thank you for your patience and I hope the review was helpful. Don't forget to credit the shop and let me know if you have any questions!
guilty knight
LINK
BY taeplanet


Title:
The title is interesting to me; it makes me think 'why is he guilty?' assuming that the main character, Baekhyun, is the knight in question. The title is pretty short and simple and those titles, unless they make the plot easy to guess or sounds boring, are usually compelling to me.

Description/Foreword:
The first thing I noticed while scrolling through the description and foreword is the character lists. Are they really necessary? To me, they just take up space and they state things that can easily be said in the story alone, they don't need to be there. I've always been against it considering the fact that if you open a book, there will be no character charts. The characters should be introduced within the story, not by a character chart. You can state their age, occupation and name within the story without the unnecessary character charts.

Moving on to the description, that first line seems to be important. "I can kill you in the blink of an eye. Do you still want to be with me?" It seems to hold some kind of importance in the story and I'm going to assume Baekhyun says this to her (the foreword proved this, whoops). The description makes the story seem kind of generic though as there are plenty of plots such as this one in different variations. So for me, the description wouldn't really compell me to read it.

For the foreword, I like how it doesn't give away too much but is most likely a part in the story that will show up later on (I didn't read every chapter so if it's in one of the chapters, sorry).

Plot:
The plot wasn't what I expected from the get-go because I thought it was going to be in the medieval era, with legitimate knights. The title would sound pretty stupid as "Guilty Bodyguard" so I can see why they were referenced as knights in this aspect. The description obviously told you it wasn't in that medieval era but for some reason, my brain kept going back to the idea that it was. As I said up above, the description makes the plot seem very generic and after reading a good amount, it does seem slightly generic but at the same time, it really doesn't. You added your own style to this kind of plot which makes it more unique.

Writing Style/Flow:
The writing style was very good honestly, everything went together nicely and there were no grammatical errors as far as I'm concerned though there is a chance that I have missed one or two but from general standpoint, I didn't catch any. The flow was good as well and the way it was written makes it sound more smooth.

Characterization:
The characters sound like real people in real situations, example being Jangmi's family issues alongside her father going bankrupt. The conversations between Sora and Jangmi also sound like legitimate conversations which is good. They don't sound over dramatized or unrealistic.

Personal Enjoyment:
This story isn't my type of story but there's nothing wrong with that, I'm hard to please especially with OC fanfics as I dislike them. I hope the review is a little helpful as my brain is fried I think and for some reason I am tired despite it not being that late, God help me. If you have any questions let me know, I'll try to clarify anything or add anything if I missed it. The story does have potential though, I must say. It's not that bad at all.