Spreading Our Wings (Lie) (TwiceAzeline)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Slice of Life

 

Characters: Jimin (Lie)

 

Status: Completed

 

s e v e n  p e t a l s .
s e v e n  s t o r i e s .
s e v e n  p a i r s  o f  w i n g s 

Notes From Reviewer

 

I feel like I had nothing to say since it was really well written already haha. I like the WINGS concept in fanfics and this was nicely executed. Thank you for requesting and don't forget to credit the shop! 

Title 

Since the titles of all of these are just BTS's title songs, I can't say much about it. I mean, I can't say to change it because then it'd ruin the point but if I said it was original, it really wouldn't be. BUT for "Spreading Our Wings" I think that was quite clever especially because of what you did in the description (which I will talk about below).

Description & Foreword 

So for the title, I mentioned that what you did in the description made it clever. "...spread their wings and fly to the sky." I really liked that part because it connects with the title. Well that and the boys have gone pretty far with their careers since they worked hard. Another part I liked was "we stumble, we fall, but we also get up." THIS is very true and I think it can easily connect to BTS themselves so it's pretty good. And since this is a oneshot collection, it's harder to judge the description (since it's not really for the LIE chapter or any chapter in general - it's just there).

Plot

Wow, that was pretty damn good actually. I feel like you really looked at the lyrics of Lie and tried hard to make a backstory out of it which you nailed pretty well. I think you really did take the time to analyze the lyrics to make your own point of view out of it, sure we can't really know what the members wanted to get across but definitely good attempt.

Writing Style 

In the chapter, you said "copy-pasta" now I have no clue if that was intentional but it made me laugh because all I could think of was BLACKPINK and Jisoo's "Pasta" nickname for Rose. If it's supposed to be "copy-paste" I would probably change that to avoid anything. Besides that, everything was very well and was described nicely.

Characterization 

Since it's just a oneshot, it's harder to talk about this section but I think you really nailed the whole idol life thing. They work, sleep, work again. They are in the eyes of thousands, sometimes millions, and that would make any idol self conscious even if they don't show it to the fans or even their own members. You tried to keep the real personalities of Bangtan and that was definitely a good attempt.

Flow 

The flow was good, it pieced itself together nicely and it didn't feel rushed. You made sure to sound like you knew what you were doing and it came off good.

Personal Enjoyment 

I enjoyed it very much, I thought you did a good job with it. It was a nice read and I'm sure the rest of them will come out good as well. So keep doing the good work. (I hope I didn't forget to say something - I always do ffs.)