Oneshot (dreamshop)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Slight angst, fluff

 

Characters: Chorong, V

 

Status: Completed Oneshot

 

Chorong is Taehyung's secretary. Both of them went on a business trip in Jeju Island and that's when the romance begins. 

Notes From Reviewer

 

Thank you for requesting again, I'm sorry if this was a little harsher (that may be my mood being lower than usual), I hope this helped at least a little bit, it is hard to do this since I have to mix the usual system up since there's no descriptions and titles, etc. but it's all good. Have a good one! 

Prompt

I know you have zero control over this part but since I like to talk a lot, I'll say some stuff about it anyways. I see that this is the same person who requested the last one so it's no surprise that I'm gonna call it cliche. I don't really see why this person wants slight angst with a prompt like this considering it's just a business trip. It's not like there's much build up to an angst story like this. Plus not all things get a happy ending which is why it's cliche (though everyone including myself have done that one fanfic with that happy ending). Plus why does the romance HAVE to start in Jeju lol, romance could have started beforehand though romance in work causes too much bad things. I've been watching A LOT of Kitchen Nightmares and most if not all the relationships between work employees (whether it be family or marriages), they all fall apart or cause disruption. No logic, I guess. But again, I just included this part cause I like to talk. 

Plot

With oneshots, it's hard to talk about a legitimate plot, especially when it's a request since you are following a guideline, because there really is no plot. To put it that frankly, there is no plot to this. There's a guideline, yes, but there really isn't a proper plot. If there were, it would scream cliche because really, I doubt that is how romance works in reality. Fanfics are becoming too much like K-Dramas which are very unrealistic and South Korea is not like that (I've watched videos where Koreans have even said Korea isn't like that because well - it's not) so seeing things like this is too common, too plain, and become very overused and boring to read. Whether the requester liked it or not, I'm not sure, I'm not them. 

Also what does the first part have to do with the story? It doesn't seem relevant at all. It sounds like it was taken from a different oneshot or story and thrown into the top because the person wanted slight angst for a fanfic that really isn't compatible with the one genre requested. 
EDIT: I read the comment left by the requester and apparently that was supposed to be part of the book she was reading? I don't know, either way it still doesn't fit in my opinion, but that's just me and my mouth running. I wouldn't have guessed it if I didn't read that comment.

Writing Style 

Well first of all, It's kind of hard to read considering there's no spaces in between the dialogue lines. It seems kind of smushed to me because they aren't paragraphs. Usually when someone new speaks, you'd hit enter. (Though I am pretty sure you did that in the last request I got from you). Again, there's too much dialogue. Sure there's like one or two sections with no dialogue but the whole oneshot seems like it's dialogue. I was tempted to count how many lines started with dialogue but that'd take too much time considering probably more that 50% is just plain dialogue. I feel like I could just read the prompt to know what's gonna happen (Actually that's exactly how I felt), it's like having a fanfic with the description giving away the whole story lol. Makes the story boring and reading a story like that can just waste your time since you know what is going to happen.

Characterization 

There really is no characterization. Chorong is a secretary that likes ty romance novels, great. These characters don't seem to HAVE personality to them, we can't really tell what they're like through plain dialogue and descriptions. Taehyung is a business man, great, what's he like? We don't really know.

Chorong seems like the typical girl in fanfics that thinks they have a one sided crush that turns out not be one sided. It's unrealistic and just boring, overused, and not good. I hope I don't sound mean because that really is not my intention, it's just, Chorong is the typical fanfic girl. You know those idol x OC, or the random idol x idol stories like this one, they all are the same to me. Nothing makes them stand out. Nothing makes Chorong or him stand out. It's just too cliche though for some reason most people on this website like cliche, I've observed that over the years.

Flow 

It has a start and an end, it followed the prompt so I don't really know what to say here honestly. 

Personal Enjoyment 

From the review, I'm sure it's a little out there that this isn't a favorite of mine. Besides the ship being totally... I don't know, not shippable in my opinon (as long as the requester liked it though), there was too much dialogue for my tastes. Personally, I feel like you didn't want to do this, seems like you just had to do it.

The reason I think that is because I, myself, have felt that way and have released things I hated because of it. Other people liked it but whenever I looked at it I just hated what I did. I felt like I HAD to do it because others wanted the next chapter. Taking your time and making sure you have the motivation is a very good way to also make a good fanfic, find a song to get you going or something. I think everyone has the potential to make something great, you just need the right motivation and practice. Practice makes perfect, that applies with writing most definitely. I was AWFUL when I first started, so so so so SO bad. I reread something I made ages ago and I felt like a kid wrote it (even though I wrote it, cries.)

You can do it, just take your time and find that motivation. (: