Bloodprints by maneki-neko

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。

BLUE

 
 
 

CRYSTAL

review shop

info

review

部分1

Bloodprints
story link: here

部分2

author
maneki-neko

部分3

reviewer
vecember

部分4

TITLE.
the title, this is the first thing i noticed, should probably have a space between the words blood and prints considering bloodprints isn't a word. blood prints would be more proper since they're two seperate words but besides that, i can see why you named the fanfic that. i can tell just by the poster, which is awesome by the way, and the description that is gonna go down.

DEscription/foreword.
this kind of reminds me of a game i watched a youtuber play, the description i mean. there's a crazed killer at a camp and yeah but that's really the only thing that reminded me of it. i think the description is quite good, even though i'm no fan of nct, this story sounds quite interesting. i love mystery/murder au fanfics so that's probably why i'll gush over it haha. i usually make comments about putting character things up but in this case i'm grateful since i'm not sure of who is who in nct ahha, i only liked firetruck for taeil and someone else's voices so i appreciate that, too. 

PLOT.
WOW, THE WARNINGS WERE RIGHT. CLIFFHANGERS CAN BE SEEN. MAN, THE FIRST CHAPTER (I'M GLAD I'M READING THIS WHEN THERE'S A SECOND) MADE ME GO "OH " TO BE HONEST. I CAN FEEL THE SUSPENSE. OKAY, THE SECOND CHAPTER IS REALLY MAKING ME LIKE WANT TO JUMP OUT MY SEAT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I FELT SO PASSIONATELY ABOUT A FANFIC ON THIS WEBSITE I'M SO. WHATEVER, THIRD CHAPTER I GO. okay i'm like?? "i know one of you did it" holy hell, i can tell this is going to get crazy. what the hell you can't end it at that, i'm so??? what the . this is honestly so good, i'm glad this was requested because i don't read nct fanfics so i woulda completely missed this bless my soul.

the plot is good, and although the camp murder thing isn't original, it's written in a way that makes it unique and that's rare to find, especially on aff where most things can be viewed as cliche one way or another. i'm actually looking forward to the next chapter!

WRITING STYLE/FLOW.
bless me, the way the chapters are set up is so neat. i almost cried when i opened the first chapter (not really i'm being dramatic) anyways, moving on- 

the third chapter has some weird spacing in it. in the first paragraph it goes
"there's no place to hide his pa

lle face from the world that's about to crumble down like dry bread." i don't know if that's on me or not but it's strange, also the pale is spelled as palle if you minus the spacing. overall though, the writing style is good and easy to read. i can easily understand what's going on and really, i feel like i'm reading a mystery murder novel.


CHARACTERIZATION.
i like how taeyong and the others have trauma, it really shows that they went through a tramatic event and even though years have passed, they still haven't gotten over it fully. it brings an element of realism into play because many people would be troubled if something like that happened to them too.

That ten seems suspicious at that one part "don't get caught" but i feel like it'd be too obvious if it was ten. but i think it's obvious taeyong isn't the murderer because why else would the note be there? god, i feel like i'm solving a mystery ahah.

the characters are evolving nicely and i think this story plus the characters have some real potential.

PERSONAL ENJOYMENT.
i enjoyed this a lot more then i thought i would. i mean, i saw the whole dark element with the poster and the description but i really am surprised i liked it as much as i did. also the spacing in this review got weird and i couldn't fix it (plus it's prob just bothering me) but that's fine. anyways, i'm glad i read it because it's' good. and since no stories have taken up my featured spot, i'll be happy to say you're the first. haha, i really enjoyed it and will look forward to future updates! 

anyways, don't forget to credit the shop and have a good new year! 

request a reviewhomeapplyenquiresuggestlink