Fixing a Broken Heart by kiretenshi

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Sorry for the later review, I've been slacking and today I watched BBMAS and got emo and my headache is cominG BACK WHICH ISN'T COOL.

But anyways, don't forget to credit the shop (rule 03) and if you have any questions let me know!
fixing a broken heart
LINK
BY kiretenshi


Title:
I feel like this title is a bit generic as it's been used plenty of times before. I can see where the title comes from as it is a song title for the fanfiction but it's still a bit unoriginal and generic. Not very eye-catching either because of the fact that it's been done before. Titles are very hard to come up with, at least for me, but this is a title I've seen in several variations which is why it's a bit generic.

Description/Foreword:
The description is simple and to the point, it summarizes the story without giving too much away which is good. I do like descriptions that end with a question because it makes people think about the question presented. I honestly don't think there's a better description for this since, well, it fits the story (since I read the whole thing). So really, there's not much to say here.

Plot:
The plot was pretty clear and I could easily pick out the conflict which, of course, was resolved by the end of the story since the both of them are happy together. Moving on from that, I do think the plot is a bit generic as well since it kind of has that cliché happy ending but this is definitely good for someone who needs their feelings shot at, lol. 

The reason I'm saying it's a bit generic is because of the fact that it follows that kind of 'fairy tale' ending where something tragic happens, them both getting heartbroken, but in the end it turns out for the better and they end up 'happily ever after'. Kind of like a Disney storyline, that's usually how these things go. Though, that's not really a bad thing since... Disney is really damn popular, cliché fairytales and all so I don't think this is a bad story, not at all. Just not my type since I tend to stray away from the fairytales. 


Writing Style/Flow:
I've never been a fan of stories in the first person point of view, exceptions would be books since those I don't mind, but for fanfics I usually like reading the third point of view ones for many dfferent reasons. I think the main problem here is that it doesn't stick to one person's point of view. Since you're using the term "I", it's easier to get confused on who is talking and so on if you switch the point of views. With third point of view, it's a bit easier to switch because you'd say the person's name and so on. 

Talking about the flow, I think since it's a three chapter thing, it's harder to jampack everything into the story which can make it seem a little rushed which is fine, that's usually how oneshots/three shots go. I think the flow is decent for this type of story but as I'm a er for detail, I guess I would have liked more detail/explanation on why the girlfriend refused to marry him or why she didn't love him anymore. I don't think there was much there on that aspect.


So overall, I guess I would have like a little more background information on why it ended the way it did but I know that's not the main focus here since it's on Ara and Hyungsik.

Characterization:
This part is the hardest to talk about I think considering the fact that it is quite short and it doesn't get much in depth about their personalities.

I would say there's not much wrong with them as characters, albeit a bit unrealistic since not many people would actually go with a stranger on a trip since there's a lot of risks to it. So, I'd say their characters, for the most part, are a bit unrealistic because of some of the actions made but overall, there's nothing wrong with them as characters as a whole. In other words, they're decent enough characters for a short story like this one.


Personal Enjoyment:
Honestly, I don't know much about these two as people since I don't follow many idols these days, just the ones I'm into really, so it was different for me to read something about people I didn't know. Albeit the story is a bit too fairytale like for me, and the fact that I don't like 1st point of view much, it's still a good read if you're looking for something short and sweet. Sorry I didn't say as much as I usually do, there wasn't much to correct here since the grammar was good and the story, for what it is, isn't bad at all.

Don't forget to credit the shop and if you have any questions, please let me know! Thank you for requesting!