Matchless Love by PraePanda

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
I hope this helped and if you got any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Don't forget to credit the shop and pick up your review!
matchless love
LINK
BY praepanda


Title:
The title is fitting for several different reasons but at the same time I don't find the title all that captivating. Matchless Love just seems like a semi-generic title since it's not very unique or eye-catching but the relevance to the title makes the title a little better in genereal because that seems to be the theme of the story; matchless love.

Description/Foreword:
I like the concept of dystopian governments/socities or whatever because they're always so interesting to read if written properly. The description gives you a sense that there will be drama and bad things will happen since it's like going against society which can lead to very bad things in an era like that.

As for the foreword, I like how it talks about every character without revealing too much because revealing too much takes away the fun. It states brief information about the people's feelings. I also like how all of the italicized words kind of fit by themselves.


I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want to lie to you
This can't happen. This shouldn't happen.
It's not my fault.
Why won't you smile?

I seriously think that they fit as one whole thing which is quite clever if that is what you were aiming for because it's supposed to be four different characters yet it sounds like it's just for one.
 

Plot:
It's like the soulmates au's with a twist because it's not really about soulmates, it's about getting a match. I like how the story starts with Jin saying "they never fail, anyways." but that is obviously going to be countered when he meets that certain someone. I like how Jungkook is young and already challenging society which is most likely frowned down upon but I like how he was given a bad experience to make him believe that. I kind of like how the matches are done; they're put in a room and they find out face-to-face who their match will be. The society seems to control a lot of what they do, choosing their love partner, their jobs, and much more and I really love au's like this one. Not saying the concept is highly unique or original but it can be if presented right and I think this was presented just right.

Yoongi's story seems to stray from the main story which is fine with me, he's a major character just as much as Namjoon and Jin, I'm going to assume that he will play more of a role in later chapters. I like how Yoongi is actually WORKING for the society and he has to do what happened to Namjoon's parents to people who fall in love to someone who isn't their matched love. Society is ed up in this aspect and they're making someone who broke society's rules suffer by making him relive his past through other people who are falling out of love with their matches. I feel like the next chapter, since it was just updated, is going to involve some serious choices from Yoongi since he needs to stop Seokjin and Namjoon. 


Writing Style/Flow:
Some things are oddly capitalized. "My mother and father played a duet together, and they performed it at their Wedding!" Wedding doesn't have to be capitalized, this is just one example but it happens a few times. The writing style isn't bad, there's a lot of dialogue and I'm more of a detail person but for this story it seems to work as is. The flow is good because the dialogue and everything is quite smooth and not awkward. So good job on that aspect.

Characterization:
I like how each character has their own kind of story. Jungkook's father killed his mother, Namjoon's parents ran away so they punished him by not giving him a match, Yoongi fell in love with Taehyung - someone who wasn't his match. I can see there's a recurring theme of obvious rebellion but they way it's presented with each character is quite different.

Seokjin has an internal struggle, that's more than obvious. He seems to have trouble after reuniting with Namjoon despite thinking Jaehwan was a good match at first, now he just seems clueless. I like how he's really fighting with himself.

I feel bad for Jaehwan but I don't at the same time. I feel like being forced to love or be with someone will result in what is happening between Jin and him. But, as a human being, it's a natural thing to feel bad for him. Now Jaehwan catches Jin and Namjoon kissing and I think the storm is about to brew up in the next chapter because I feel like there will be a crucial choice that Yoongi does have to make as I said before.


Namjoon and Jungkook both seem to share the same views as their parents have both been killed one way or another; they know society is not as perfect as presented and I feel like in every story SOMEONE knows that something is ed up. Namjoon and Jungkook are those characters in this story. Seokjin, meeting Namjoon again, starts to realize it then as well though I think Jungkook helped his thought process on that topic as well.

Yoongi is obviously haunted by his past. He has to follow the society's rules but he hears Taehyung telling him not to do it because that was them at one point; they were Namjoon and Jin. It's sad that Yoongi has had to suffer like that and now has to do the same thing that happened to him to other people; it's definitely showing how ed up the society is. I hope Yoongi doesn't get himself killed but at the same time, I wouldn't want to live in that society.

Personal Enjoyment:
I ing loved it honestly, it's really simplistic compared to what I read on a daily basis but I am enthralled with it even if my poor taegi heart has been crushed. HAHA, real talk though - I love these kind of stories where society is controlling the people and if they break rules it's torture or even death. It's always interesting to see the different approaches people take with this kind of AU and I've ALWAYS wanted to write a dystopian era kind of fanfic because it's always been my favorite thing. If I didn't have so many things to write, I would. One day, one day... but anyways, I really did enjoy it and I will definitely be subscribing. I think the story does deserve some more recognition so I'm definitely going to add it to the featured stories list, even just to put it out there. GoD BLESS DYSTOPIAN AU'S (and taegi coughs). 

+ Just added more to the review since you legit just updated the story, how coincidential LOL.