Heart Shot by btfulorelore

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Nice poster, it's pretty well done by whoever did it. Anyway, don't forget to credit the shop and I 
hope this helped in some way or 
form. 
Heart shot
LINK
BY btfulorelore


Title:
To me the title isn't that compelling, as in I wouldn't click on it if I saw it in the newly updated fanfics. The title is something I've seen before, possibly in a slight variation. Titles are always the hardest to come up with, I would know, so it's always a struggle to make something worth looking at. I'm guilty of having AWFUL titles, not even gonna lie on that one, so that's why I don't think it's terrible; just kind of generic. Though, people here seem to like cliche/generic things so you're in the clear.

Description/Foreword:
The description, in all honesty, sounds kind of cliche (this is a before reading thought, of course). The whole "two companies" concept is quite overused then add in the overused money, weapons, fights mixed with the feelings and all that. It's been done before but it does depend on how the story is executed so my mind may or may not change because of that aspect. I like the question asked at the end to make the readers think about what's worth more.

As for the foreword, everything seems to contradict each other. Like Chanyeol not being able to forget  while Baekhyun wanted to and so on. The one thing I noticed though is that the font randomly changes after Sehun and Luhan's line. For Kai's I mean, it goes from Georgia/TNR (can't tell which one) to like Arial. So maybe change that to whatever the other font is (I'm so picky, sorry). 

Plot:
I'm happy that the plot is more intriguing than I originally thought. It's really good, honestly. I was expecting a more cliche plot due to the description but I guess it's true when they say to never judge a book based on it's cover. I love the idea of the three being undercover but I don't really think romance fits this plotline. It's one of those plots where it's good but romance isn't something I can see as natural in this type of environment. Maybe that's just me but it definitely doesn't seem likely that anyone would fall in love on this, minus Tao and Kris possibly since they seem to already have a history with each other. Overall though, this is a damn good plotline and I'm satisfied with it. 

Writing Style/Flow:
When I clicked on the first chapter, I wasn't really expecting a chapter layout, honestly thought people stopped using them a long time ago. I usually don't like them but this one's really plain and not that much of an eyesore so I'm impressed with the choice. As for the writing style, everything seemed very well written and there doesn't seem to be any grammatical errors minus one in the second chapter. "Sehun on the other hand falls aslep", obviously asleep is spelled wrong so that's something to probably fix.

Characterization:
I've come to notice that in many fanfics (minus all the sekai one's I've read what even) Sehun seems kind of a hardass or lifeless, kind of like he is here and I've never understood it. I mean his face is kind of stoney (as in the rock not stoner, coughs) but I don't see it usually. I feel like each EXO (or ex-EXO member even) have stereotypes to them in the fanfic world if that makes sense. His stereotype would be the harsh personality but I'm going to assume that Luhan is going to break it, as the person he likes/loves usually does that in fanfics.

For Chanyeol, I like that he's serious for work but in the car scene, he acts like, well, Chanyeol. A dorky guy who wants to prank people. I think it's important that you kept his original personality. I like the mini jumpscare from Sehun though, that made me snort because I could totally see Chanyeol getting startled from that. I like how Baek degrades him and calls him names but Chanyeol proves that he is beyond smart. I think that it's a great way to show that you shouldn't judge someone based off looks.

I was surprised at Baekhyun's personality when introduced, way ruder than I thought he'd be but I guess it's fitting for this story. As a CEO, I can see why he would be more harsh, especially since people want to kill him, but I still didn't expect it.

As for Luhan, Kyungsoo, Tao, Kris, and Kai, there's not much for me to say about them since they haven't really been introduced fully yet. So there's not much for me to say about them as of right now.

Personal Enjoyment:
This story isn't my type of story since I don't read EXO fanfics minus maybe Sekai if a genuinely good story comes on but I'm picky with what I read and what ships I read (which is really only one or two ships). So for personal enjoyment, not really for me but that's just my opinion. Just 'cause it's not for me doesn't mean it's not for someone else so no worries about that. I do think the story is well written though, I'm not going to lie. Minus the whole romance thing, I think it has good potential.