Your Dystopia (Dhanshiri)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Your Dystopia by Dhanshiri

 

Characters: BTS

 

Status: Completed

 

Hoseok is convinced that he lives within a dystopian world. Taehyung wants to convince him that it's not true.

Notes From Reviewer

 

MAN I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I SAW TAEGI IN THE TAG THEN YOU JUST HAD TO SAY IT WAS A SIDE SHIP, MAN I WAS SO UPSET. I'M SUCH TAEGI TRASH, WHY'D YOU PLAY WITH MY HEART. (Shutting up)

I mean- wow, hello, that is unprofessional. ANYWAYS, thank you for requesting and I swear I'm normal. This review wasn't as long as my previous ones considering it is a oneshot with little to no flaws (honestly, there wasn't much for me to whine about besides taegi ahhhhh) but real talk, If you have any questions or concerns, let me know and I will get back to you ASAP! Have a good one! 

Title 

The title 'Your Dystopia' isn't too exciting, really. Kind of generic and it doesn't really make me want to read it or even click on it, you know what I mean? It's also not that original of a title, I'm sure I've seen something titled similar to this before because it's not the most unique title out there. I've seen several 'dystopian' kind of AU's (I even planned a Taegi fanfic like months back with the dystopian thing going on but scrapped it because it's just... not my thing, I guess). I'm not saying you have to change it, of course, especially because it's just a oneshot, it's hard to make titles for oneshots in my opinion, I always make really lame titles that I regret.

Description & Foreword 

The description is pretty short and sweet, doesn't give anything away but it's not that attention grabbing. Honestly, I still don't even know how to make a solid attention grabbing summary (since where I write we don't use descriptions/forwords, we all them summaries) and it's very difficult. I sit there for hours sometimes like "what do I put?" since I have absolutely no idea. That's why I won't be too harsh on you because I'm still working on this, too. 

The forword totally hurt my heart though, man why is Taegi a side ship, I got way too excited (if you couldn't tell from my "notes from the reviewer thing" coughs - I swear I'm professional) but anyways, moving on before I give myself a heart attack.

Plot

I really like the idea of dystopian things, I don't know why. I've read several fanfics where it was a kind of dystopian thing going on (hard to explain when I barely even remember the fanfic itself) but I like it. What I don't like is how cliche people turn it into and they make it boring but I'm glad you actually kept it interesting with the steady pace it was set at. You also made it yours, if you know what I mean. I always see fanfics that are the same but with different characters but the story just seems the same written differently but this is different.

Writing Style 

I like your writing style, what  the hell. Admittedly, I didn't know what some words meant like the class they were talking about, I had to look it up cause I had no idea what it was (hey you learn something new every single day, am I right?) but the dialogue was smooth and I LOVE SMOOTH DIALOGUE. Like most fanfics with too much dialogue are really boring after awhile but this was good, this is something I like very much. You used good vocabulary (hell, I think you used better vocabulary than I ever have - get out of here) and I like it. I'm just rambling about how much I like your vocabulary in this, that's not very normal now is it? 

Characterization 

I like Taehyung's character the most. The chat between him and Yoongi though sounded so intellectual and I almost forgot that this was a fanfic (please excuse me), whenever I try sounding smart in my fanfics, I fail so hard so kudos to you, honestly. I liked the interactions between all of the characters, too. It was nice to read and everything seemed fairly nice.

Flow 

Flow was pretty great, to be honest. Not very rushed, smooth like a baby's bum. Everything went together very nicely in a way that made it enjoyable to read and it wasn't boring nor was I confused at all while reading it and hey, you taught me some new words, my small peanut brain appreciates that very much. 

Personal Enjoyment 

Erase the crappy birthday present part and put "this is a GOOD birthday present" like excuse me but I want a fanfic too for my birthday even though it passed but oh well maybe next year, HAHAH. Anyways, real talk, I really liked it and I don't think you should think it's crap because it really isn't. Like I know, as a writer myself, we think EVERYTHING we do is a piece of honestly and we always ask ourselves "why the do people like this?" but I think that you should believe yourself more because this was pretty damn good. 

p.s. It's almost two a.m so I probably sound drunk and I apologize.