Blood Rose by kpopcrown

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. 

Don't forget to credit the shop for the review and I hope it helped!
blood rose
LINK
BY kpopcrown


Title:
When it comes to the title, I've seen it before. I even got an Amazon ad for the book 'Bloodrose' and 'Rose Blood' so I can't say it's the most original title but I can see why it's called this. There's definitely going to be a lot of blood in this fanfic and that's quite obvious. I think the chapters show a little bit of why the title is what it is and for a fanfiction, I do think the title is quite satisfactory so good job. Though, after reading some comments, I think I know why it's called this and definitely can see the connections between the story and the title.

Description/Foreword:
I personally think the description is a bit long for my liking since I like more short and simple descriptions but this does fit for the story since that is pretty much how the story starts off and it doesn't reveal anything more than that. The story isn't given away through these two things and I think that's good because then there'd be no point in reading. I wonder why her uncle answered with blood instead of love that day and it makes me wonder if the uncle will play a bigger role in the story. (Maybe he already does but since I haven't read every chapter, I sadly would not know).

Plot:
So the first thing I noticed, which was on the front page, is that this is inspired off a featured fanfic that, even by the description, seems very cliche so I skimmed the first few chapters of that story and yeah, it's pretty cliche and I don't know why you'd try to sell fanfiction as a book on amazon, nontheless. The reason I looked at this though was to see if the plots were similar between this and her fanfic. There wasn't that many similarities, if many at all, so I'm glad about that and, to be honest, this story is more well written then the other one so I'm glad about this aspect as well since it was fairly enjoyable to read.

I liked the chapters I read. There's too many chapters for me to read this in full but what I've read so far is quite good. I think the plot was thought out and honestly, is nothing like the story it's inspired by as this one is more well written and more detailed which I absolutely love. I'm curious to see what else will happen with the gangs and the search but I might go back and read some more if I have the time to. I can clearly see the conflict in the plot and they're working on fixing it. The story isn't very predictable, whch is good, and I think it's quite good afterall.


Writing Style/Flow:
I wasn't expecting the term "oh my gumball" so I had to stop and think about that for a minute or two. Anyways, the writing style is quite good actually, everything seems formally written and it's easy to read. There was a typo with Namjoon's name in chapter 3. Namjoon was spelled as "Najoom" when they were talking together. The flow was good and I think everything goes together well.

Characterization:
I like that there is a diversity of characters and they're from different groups. You have BTS, EXID, SHINee, and other people instead of just EXO as the characters which I found as a nice touch. The female OC isn't a ditsy blonde OC that I usually come across and I like that she has intelligence on her, we need more of that on this website since most of the OC's I see are kind of stupid. 

I think Renee has a lot going for her in this fanfiction and I'm glad a main character like her exist in this story.


Personal Enjoyment:
If it wasn't 30ish chapters, I woulda read all of it but I have a project to do that is technically due in 4 hours and I'm not done, whoops. College life what are you doing to me. Anyways, the story was well written and I wasn't expecting much when I first saw the description/foreword, especially because of the story it was inspired off of - no offense to whoever wrote it, but it came out better than I expected it to.