Then, Now and Forever by eeveelution

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Hopefully this is okay,  I tried to make this as helpful as possible. If you need clarification on anything, please let me know. 
then, now and forever
LINK
BY eeveelution


Title:
The one thing that bugged me about your title (and I kept trying to write it this way), is that there should be a comma after now. "Then, Now, and Forever". It's just the right way to put it and that was bothering me so, yeah. That was the first thing I noticed about the title.

Right off the bat, I can see why the title is called what it is. The description shows this very clearly and it's good that it shows some connection to the story. As for the title being eye-catchy or unique, it kind of lacks in this aspect since it's not a unique title nor does it really serve as an eye-catcher. The title kind of makes it sound like a cliché romance story but this is only without glimpsing at the story itself.

Description/Foreword:
As I said before, the first part of the description really connects to the title and I like that but, it does sound kind of generic in a sense just by the first line. Then, it moves on to the next part and I feel like that's gone since the description is pretty good, I think it can compel a good amount of people into reading the story. 

The one thing I don't like, and I say this every time, is the pictures/profiles in the foreword. Open a book, do you see any character profiles there? No. Stories introduce the characters with writing and detail, not by pictures. I'm not saying this is why but when I see this kind of thing, it makes me think that there's not going to be much detail involved since it's like you're relying on pictures to show the characters. (not saying this is how it will be but it's an example). Almost everyone on AFF does it and it's really pointless and takes up space. There's really no need for it because as I said, characters will be developed in the story, you don't need to hand it to readers with photos on a platter.

Plot:
As you probably know, I won't be reading all of the chapters as the chapter count is a bit higher than I thought it'd be. I'll read until I feel like I have a good basis on what's going on and such so please note that if I say something that has changed or there's been a plot twist and I haven't read that part, you can let me know. I read up until chapter five since I have to do more reviews and edit my own writings.

Just from reading the first few lines, Baekhyun sounds like a creep. Imagining their first date is... somewhat normal but going on to marriage is a bit weird. And the fact that he's pinned over this girl for two years and has done nothing about it or the fact that she's done nothing about it (she can't be that oblivious to it...) just doesn't make sense; he really just sounds like a creep and the fact that it affects his ability to work is concerning. Also, I don't see why it's impossible for a low grade student to date a high grade student, this makes no sense. It's not impossible unless the other person (high grade) is a prick.

I do like that she asked "Do I know you?" because, in reality, Baekhyun is just a creeper that doesn't know her. He just watches her and that doesn't get anyone anywhere. I can't see any girl accepting it willingly because, if they did, that'd be creepy. It's kind of predictable that Seona would be attending the same college because... obviously there'd be no story if she didn't.

The plot is predictable in a way unless there's going to be a plot twist to it (that I haven't read). I'm going to predict that they'll end up together. There is an alternative ending, if a plot twist ensues, and that's Byulgi and Baekhyun ending up together as it's quite obvious she has some kind of feelings for him. 

Personally, I don't find these kind of stories interesting because they're done so much and, in turn, are cliché. This story does have a few clichés in it and that drives me away. Other people on here seem to like cliché stuff, which is fine - personal preference, but I am not one of those people. If there are plot twists later on, then good on ye. If not, maybe considering tossing one in (though, sometimes a good plot twist is hard to get).


Writing Style/Flow:
In chapter one, you spelled "fantasizing" as "fantasising" which just looks very odd. Also "[...]as he made no advancements in his crush", the word in makes this sentence very... strange, for reasons. I would change the 'in' to 'on' because he's not crushing in her, he's crushing on her. Besides this and a few minor things, everything is good with the writing style and the grammar so there's no worries here.

For the flow, we went from attempt one to attempt... twelve? Where are the other attempts? Why does it skip from one to twelve? This is where the flow seems kind of choppy, it would've been better if you put more attempts compared to just skipping them. No use worrying about it now though. Then we're at exam time and then he confessed... and then it's graduation. There's no continuation of the "Do I know you?" part since it jumps to graduation. It makes the story feel like there's a lot of empty holes between scenes. So flow isn't the strongest.

Characterization:
Baekhyun isn't the best character. He's a creep, he seems like he needs help. Professional help. In real life, this would be seen as very concerning and the fact that he is affected by this encounter with her, it's ridiculous really. The incident happened yesterday yet he can't even focus on his test because it of, does this not seem pathetic to you? His character is kind of pathetic, actually. Two years of creeping on this girl instead of making a move earlier is not good and if I were her, I'd probably be annoyed and creeped out if I knew. This obsession he has with her is definitely not healthy.

Seona is not very good either for a few reasons. She is idolized, pretty much. She's presented as a perfect, beautiful, and smart character who can do no wrong. The fact that she is always high scoring is beyond cliché. Too many stories have a character like this and when I say too many, I mean too many. I've reviewed a lot of stories with a female OC like this and Mary Sue's (what she is close to) are never good characters. After she rejected Baekhyun's confession, I do think she showed a bit more character since real people wouldn't accept a confession like that, it was creepy.

Byulgi is the best friend. From reading chapters one and two, I feel like you can kind of tell that she likes Baekhyun in some way and for some reason, I feel like they'd be the better couple just by the way they act with each other. They have that kind of dynamic that makes you wonder why they aren't together but in reality, we all know why. His obsession with the lead OC. She's kind of a tsundere in a way so I like her character a little more since she has a bit of that sassy attitude but deep down, she's still helpful. During the goodbye with Baekhyun, you can kind of see how much she likes him so I do wonder if she will play a bigger role in later chapters that I didn't read.

Personal Enjoyment:
I personally am not a fan of these stories/OC stories because they can get very cliché and as I said before, this did have some clichés in it but this can't be helped in these stories. So, this is just personal opinion. But, as I didn't read every chapter, something I said could ALWAYS change or may have changed already so if something changed, you can let me know if you want. Or not, either way, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Don't forget to credit the review shop and if you have any questions about the review or if you want to update me on outdated stuff I wrote about in the review, also let me know. Have a good day!