What You Already Had by jazzwithdrift

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
BOY YADONG USED TO BE MY , SAME WITH WOOGYU, I FEEL BLESSED TO READ SOME YADONG (now I am gonna go on a yadong spree help)

ANYWAYS, sorry for taking so long - this time I have no excuses besides video games. 
what you already had
LINK
BY jazzwithdrift


Title (4/5):
The title makes sense especially after looking at the description since they do tie in with each other, showing that the title has relevance to what the story is about which, in my book, is already enough to give it give points. The title is pretty generic but that's fine since the way I look at it is a more generic title with real meaning to the story sounds better than a title that is unique and cool sounding but... doesn't relate to the story at all so good job.

Description/Foreword (10/10):
Short and simple is the best way to go in my opinion because it doesn't give any of the story away. Not only that but the story's description makes you wonder what Hoya has given Dongwoo and what this so-called thing that he already has is. I think for a oneshot, it's a perfect description since oneshots really don't require much to be said since they're shorter (usually....). Not much to say about the foreword since that's pretty much just stuff that needs to be thrown out there just in case. 

Plot (38/40):
OKAY FIRST OF ALL WOOGYU VS YADONG, I NEED TO ING GO. That's like my two favorite Infinite OTPs (and Myungyeol but really), so uh, yes? Anyways, moving on from that, I wasn't really expecting anything that happened and truthfully, I feel as if I still have questions that won't really be answered. Maybe I missed it but I'm curious to why Sunggyu and Woohyun were after them, at first I thought they were on the same team since it mentioned them but then I realized "oh, they're not on the same side" which is totally fine too. I'm not a very good 'annotative' reader and I tend to miss things easily (despite reviewing for God knows how long).

Moving on though, the ending. The ending leaves me kind of confused as well. Why would Howon do that despite Dongwoo's pleads? I know that sometimes love can blind someone and make you want to sacrifice things for the other but it doesn't really make sense to why he actually did it. I was surprised but I kind of predicted Howon would die considering he mentioned his heart (very ed up gift if you ask me, if someone gave me their heart, I'd rather it still be inside of them because other people's blood gives me the heebie jeebies (or however you wanna spell that). Again, maybe I just have to looking closer in between the lines but I'm still unsure to why he would do that. Protection was something stated but I feel as if there was more to why he did it; also, the dragon thing confused me too since that didn't seemed to be mention as much until the end. But really, don't stress too much about the ending because endings are a pain in the ing - there's just so many possibilities when it comes to endings. Thousands. So really, I think the ending is just fine when it comes down to the jist of it.


Writing Style/Flow (20/20):
The writing style was on point, really. The description of the scenes where they were bloody, the scene where they shot both Woohyun and Sunggyu, the ending descriptions - they were all described rather well. I feel like you really took the time to explain the details instead of just skipping over them. I didn't find any grammatical errors/typos either so that is also an A plus.

As for the flow, I think the flow is fairly good for a oneshot. Oneshots have to "cram" more inside of them compared to a chaptered fanfiction so I think the flow is just right since the whole story is easily compacted into one, small, story. There's not much to say for this part since really, it's fine the way it is.


Characterization (20/20):
This is the hardest part to talk about when it comes down to oneshots because you usually don't get that much characterization if it's a shorter story which is fine. I think the main thing I took from this is that Hoya was willing to sacrifice his own life for Dongwoo which, sure, can be argued if it was smart or not but I think it shows how much of a dedicated person he was to Dongwoo (just pls don't be likeh him, bad role model but fanfiction can bend rules of normality I suppose). Dongwoo, I feel, is the one who definitely suffers the most here because he lost Hoya. Sure, I think what Hoya did was a bit selfish considering he left Dongwoo but that's more of an open-ended thought since people could argue on what he did. Overall, I think the characterization wasn't bad for a oneshot, I didn't feel as if they were overly cliché characters nor did they feel like boring characters so really, I think you're set.

Personal Enjoyment (5/5):
It's not a bad story and it's been awhile since I've read something with all of these elements so it was definitely kind of a refresher. The grammar was perfect and the descriptions of things quite nice so really, I can't say I didn't enjoy it. Sure, the ending wasn't something I would have expected but expect the unexpected.


Total (97/100):
It's not a bad score so good job, it had elements that I haven't read in awhile so that was nice. I mean the only not nice part was my laptop since it shut off three times during this review (man, it either hates one of us or aff since it only does this when aff is open). BUT HEY, I got it done. Really though, the story is pretty good and sure, the ending wasn't something I saw coming, as I said before, but definitely not bad.

If you have any questions let me know and don't forget to credit the shop! ♥