Every Time by kireitenshi

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
HI, THIS IS KIND OF LATE. BUT IT'S OKAY IT'S DONE AND EVERYTHING IS NICE. also I'm tired hello.

ANYWAYS, don't forget to credit the shop and I hope this heeeeelped.
Every time
LINK
BY kireitenshi


Title:
Truthfully, I like the title. The way I see it is that every time something happens between the two, such as that kiss, Ara doubts herself (and possibly the relationship too) but every time, she gives in to him anyways. That's kind of my take on the title though I'm sure that wasn't what you had in mind. Plus this is just judging on a few scenes, not the whole story but I thought it was a nice meaning regardless. Plus, it's short and simple. I like short and simple. (Truthfully I didn't notice the song lyrics because I read the chapters first and then did the rest).

Description/Foreword:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the description either since really, it explains what is happening in less than a paragraph. I like how it ends off in a question as well, mainly because it (should) get readers thinking. Will it be happy or will it not? It'll be answered in the end but until then, people just gotta suffer. Either way, good description. I don't see anything that needs to be changed. 

Plot:
I'm feeling extra soft these past few days from all the Taiwanese BL movies I've been watching so I just imagined the scene at the river where they were talking and to be a scene with my two (now favorite) actors and I think I just overdosed on cuteness. Call 911 (or whatever you use) because I am going to die. 

Moving on, I really like how you put that inner struggle inside of Ara because in most stories (I feel like) they would've kissed and everything would be hunky dory so I like how she regretted kissing him. There's always going to be some doubts in relationships, especially if you were cheated on in the past, so I think you really showed that through Ara perfectly.  

When it comes to the plot as a whole, I definitely think it's a good continuation of the last story I reviewed and truthfully, I like this one better. It's kind of like all the BL movies I've been watching the past three days and I feel like I read one of those in story form compared to watching a movie. I mean, I don't know much about either of these people in general but it's definitely a nice take on a romance-y drama kind of story. Now the question is: is it going to end like majority of these damn BL movies (where they don't end up together or some bs) or will they actually end up together and be happy? The world may never know! (Until the world does know).

Overall, I think the plot is headed in the right direction and personally, I think the way you write the two together is very cute and I approve.

Writing Style/Flow:
The one thing I recommend revamping is the style of text messages. When putting text messages in a story, it can definitely be a pain in the (I've done it a lot) but the best way to stylize it, mainly so people know who is talking/sending the text, is similar to this way:

From: (Sender's Name)
To: (Receiver's Name)

(Text message)

And then I would put maybe a double space or put them on either side of the story, like this (since I cannot explain with words properly):

From: (Sender's Name)
To: (Receiver's Name)

(Text message)

 

From: (Sender's Name)
To: (Receiver's Name)

(Text message)

This is just to avoid confusion on who is sending the text message but this is just one way to do it. I usually do it this way (sometimes I include the 'time' as well) but if you're lazy like me and don't wanna worry about time, this is the best way to do it.

Besides that, I don't see anything wrong with the grammar and honestly, I think you did a good job with third point of view. Way better than I did when I first tried it but then again I was like 14 and writing about J-rock idols... shivers. Bad times (not the J-rock, I mean the 14 year old cringe). I think with more practice at writing in that tense, you'll be an expert. :P


I feel as if the flow is a little floofed to say the least. The reason I say this is because of the time gaps. It goes from her agreeing to date him and then it's already a month later. While there's no problems with this technically, I do feel like you could have put some things there to show their progression in the relationship instead of just stating "things have been progressing well between them" but that's just me. That's not really an issue though since the story is still quite cute.

Characterization:
As I said before, I felt like I was reading a scene from a BL drama/movie so that means you're doing something write (get it, write - god what is wrong with me, please kill me). ANYWAYS, I like Ara's character - she's very realistic in the sense that she is struggling with her thoughts about the relationship which is quite normal for someone who has been cheated on. It's like she wants to be loved but has a hard time accepting it because her trust was broken twice technically - with her fiancé and then her best friend so it's a double whammy.

Hyungsik, man. Everyone needs a Hyungsik in real life. He's a pretty sweet and caring man that definitely would be hard to find IRL (let's be real, these dramas give people too high of hopes) but if you do, you'd know they're a keeper. I like his character, it's nice to see the way he sacrifices things to make sure she's in good health and so on. I definitely think Ara needs that in her life despite the fact that she has doubts about them. I have a feeling the story will end out being good since with a man like this, it'd be hard to have a bad ending (unless you're gonna be that evil author).


Personal Enjoyment:
Lately I have a tendency to make lame jokes after certain things so please excuse my horribleness. Anyways, I liked it honestly and I don't know if it's because I'm in a very sappy mood or I just am about to faceplant my laptop and nap on it (in other words, it's almost 4AM pfahsadf) but this definitely was a nice read and I think a cuteness overload definitely happened. 

P.S. I think the link to your other story on the description is broken, I clicked on it and it said it was unavailable but if I go to your profile, I can click on it. Just thought I'd let you know that.

I don't remember if there was more I wanted to say or not but if you have any questions, I'm here.