Blue by sunflowerpots

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Is it bad that I laughed at the ship name 'meanie', I don't know svt very well anymore since I stopped caring after Mingming and Samuel left (seems so long ago) so I just... laughed cause meanie sounds funny to me. ahdfgfsfg. reminds me of eenie meanie,,,,

I hope I didn't forget anything because I lose train of though easily.
blue
LINK
BY sunflowerpots


Title (5/5):
I like how the title is referenced within the foreword, showing it's obvious connection to the story. To me, even if the title is lame, if the title can connect to the story, I think it's already decent enough. A good title with zero connects is always worse then a lame title with a connection to the story (not saying the title is lame though, 'cause it's not). I also really like one/two word titles because they can come off as pretty mysterious sometimes.

Description/Foreword (10/10):
"Love knows no age, status, limits, nor boundaries and Wonwoo blames love greatly because of that." This kind of took me a few minutes to actually analyze because I think I forgot English for .2 seconds there anyways, after finally kicking my brain back into place, I think the description is quite good. It's short and simple and leaves you wanting to read more, at least for me it does. I don't really see anything wrong with the description and I think it's perfect as is.

As for the foreword, I love how you connected the title to it so it shows a little of why the story is called 'Blue' and if that wasn't your intention (I'm 100% sure it was), you made it seem like that so good job either way. I really don't have any complaints about either. Those sound like song lyrics and if they are, I like it even more (I'm a er for stories that use song lyrics as inspiration/references or whatever. EDIT: I just saw the foreword where it says it's based off Halsey, I like her despite only knowing one song well). 

*Plot (40/40):
So far, from reading chapter two, I think this is an interesting plot, to be honest. It makes you wonder what happened to Mingyu exactly and I'm wondering if by the end, we'll have an answer. 

.....THE ENDING HOLY , WHAT. I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT OH MY HELL. That is what you call a ing PLOT TWIST. I'M SO????? Okay, I need a second to collect my thoughts.

...Okay so I thought Mingyu was his lover, like relationship partner. The few predictions I had were that Mingyu had died, leaving Wonwoo feeling heartbroken and empty. Mingyu had left him in a crude manner or had cheated on him and that Wonwoo was in love with him which messed up his mind and memories. This one isn't that off but at the same time it is: Mingyu, his lover/partner, pretended to love him and used that as an advantage to keep Wonwoo as a toy and he found out which messed him up. And the last one: Mingyu Wonwoo (hence the trigger warning) and Wonwoo fell in love with him despite what happened. (I was highkey hoping it wasn't this one but the prediction was there).

BUT THAT? Oh hell nah. That was so different from what I even expected and, despite the whole... thing, I loved the plot twist. I would have never thought that Mingyu was older than him and that when this happened Wonwoo was seven. You really threw me off, like I knew something bad must have happened and that's what I love in a plot. Plot twists for me are YES. All of the YES. The plot was really good, like what the just happened? Anyways, I'm still speechless from that. Like when you put the large space then it said "I was seven years old..." I ING SAT THERE FROZEN LIKE "DID THEY JUST DO THAT?!" It's been awhile since I've read something that has shocked the hell out of me because I was like "yay, " now I'm like "nooo, ", I'm gonna shut up now, I might explode.

Writing Style/Flow (20/20):
Just from the first paragraph, I knew this would be a very well written story. The word usage and the way everything was written was just perfect, really. You took account to detail, such as the color of the curtains, and that made the story even better. The dialogue is very smooth and realistic as well, there's nothing off about it. As for the flow, everything happens at a good pace and nothing seems rushed, I like how moments were given between Wonwoo and Mingyu to make the reader think they were dating as a college pair or something, you really thought this out.

*Characterization (20/20):
Realism of main character?
I would say he's quite realistic for several reasons.
Reason one: The way he acts during the meetings. I feel like not everyone would be open to talk about their issues in a group like that so him saying 'pass', to me, brings a sense of realism to his character. I think after he breaks into cold sweat where Woozi wakes him up can make anyone want to just leave that place, hell I'd wanna leave too.
Reason two: His dreams and the way he reacts to them. He says he is haunted by his dreams, the dreams with Mingyu. I think most people would feel haunted or uneasy when having dreams that remind you of something such as this.
Reason three: The way he acted when with Mingyu (this is speaking after finishing the story). He was a child, he didn't know better and it's like they say, the people closest to you can sometimes take advantage of younger kids because they think they can trust them and that what happened wasn't wrong - that is was normal. Though, obviously, growing up you realize what had happened wasn't normal and so on. The way that Wonwoo felt disgusted at what happened, despite thinking that he was loved and everything when smaller, really shows that he is a person in this story. That he's real. I think the character was portrayed in a realistic way and that the way he felt as a child compared to how he felt now is a real feeling that can happen to victims of this. The trauma that came with it also seals the deal because in a situation like this, trauma is bound to happen.

Personal Enjoyment (5/5):
Since this doesn't fit in any section and doesn't dock points, I'll just toss it here [you can ignore my so-called mini rant]. The one thing I don't think I'll ever get is why people use Yoongi as Woozi's brother/relative and say they look alike because to me, they look nothing alike. I think that's why I don't like Seventeen much, the comparison's just so annoying (that and I'm not really into their music minus a song, korean korean YOOHOO or is it woohoo or is it just my hearing - please don't kill me, I forgot the song name) and I hate comparisons and every time I see it I just wanna tell the person to shut up (I wouldn't though, that's very rood), it's almost a pet peeve at this point. 

Mini rant over, please excuse me, anyways - I enjoyed this. The way your writing is makes everything quite easy to picture in my head. Like the room you described in the first paragraph of chapter one, I imagined that in my head. Them sitting there with Jun, I imagined that. The amount of detail you use makes it easy to picture things. The way their relationship was portrayed, I think it's good. (And if you couldn't tell, this was before I read the end) THE PLOT TWIST WAS YES AND I LOVE but Mingyu need some help, man.

Total: 100%
Also it was really hard to take points off since I felt as if there was nothing TO take off? I tried to find some kind of flaw but I couldn't so... it's full marked, really. I'm so what the hELL. Anyways, dont forget to credit the shop and I sound so unprofessional at some points but I can't help myself when I read good fanfics. Like bless good fanfics.