Color Me Red by Nerdsnerdsnerds

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
I remember seeing your review shop somewhere and you have some detailed reviews, very hard to top that haha. It made me kind of uneasy when doing the review just because you're a reviewer yourself but I hope this helped in some way. 
color me red
LINK
BY nerdsnerdsnerds


Title:
Just by looking at the title, I really like it. Personally, I think it's a title that kind of tells you there may be blood shed and violence since blood is, well, red. Not only that, but it's a title that I would click on if I saw it on the recently updated fanfics since it's simple yet captivating to me. It may not be the most unique title out there but I've taken a liking to the title "Color Me Red" just because I think it represents the type of story this is very well.

Description/Foreword:
The first thing I noticed when looking at the description is that I feel like it's too long. I'm more for descriptions that are shorter and to the point kind of thing. I also feel like the phrase "It is said" was used a bit too much in the description. I feel  like the description can be made a bit shorter to become more captivating. Truthfully, I'm not sure if I'd click next or if I'd back track, I'm conflicted on that part since I like the idea of what is being said.

As for the foreword, I am kind of curious to who is speaking and such so that would probably be the factor that makes me want to click the next button since I'm the most curious er you'd ever meet. I do feel like it might be a bit cliché but that's because I usually view academy type au's as that since every one I've read has the same feel to it, if you know what I mean. So I'm hoping that this one breaks that cliché feel I got from the description. Though sometimes, cliché is what gets the attention, I mean a lot of the featured stories seem pretty cliché and not that interesting (minus a few that I've found to be quite amazing like pcyosh's sekai stuff that's been featured - bless them).

Though, the one thing I noticed about the description is this part:

All they knew was that he was special as well and that somehow he wold be able to make Hee Neul stay.

The 'wold' was supposed to be 'would', I'm assuming.

*Plot:
First thing I thought I would comment on is the chapter names. I love how all of them start with "Red is [...]" because the story is called Color Me Red. I just thought it was a clever thing and wanted to point it out since I like clever things.  Second thing, I haven't read all of the chapters because I'm behind on reviews now that I have five other ones to do (that and it's 1:40AM help) but I hope I can still give you a review that you're happy with! 

When comparing what I said above about the story sounding cliché to what I think after only reading half of the first chapter, I can say that this is not cliché at all and that makes me happy. The way everything is described in the story is ing phenominal and I felt very into it and almost forgot to actually review the story [oops].

When there was a new assignment of showing a new student around, you can kind of tell that would be Kyungsoo which can show that the story may or may not have some predictable elements to it but I mean, it's hard to do a surprise with this and say "IT'S SEHUN NOT KYUNGSOO. GOT YA" (what am I even saying, this is why I shouldn't review at 1 AM). But if there's anything I like about the two of them together, it's the way they communicate. It feels very real and not over exaggerated like many people like to make their conversations in stories.

Anyways, moving on, there are a few stories like this one but I feel like this one stands out because everything is well thought out. The way the characters talk and interact, the details and descriptions of things, and much more. I can tell that this was a thought out story and that it wasn't completely YOLO'd (like I do with EVERYTHING I write...) and I commend you for that because this is an enjoyable story that I think should get some more recognition. 

The plot, overall, is quite apparent and you can start to see a clear conflict that will progress as the story goes on and, hopefully, will be solved in the end. I feel like I would just end up drawing this out if I talked about everything I liked so I won't do that. 

Writing Style/Flow:
I knew from the moment I started reading that this was going to be quite well written. The way that first portion was worded just made me think "this isn't going to have much critique to it" because I already like the way it sounds. The comparison of "as quick as a death adder" to the action was a good way of describing it because you can imagine how this scene plays out and that's an amazing thing. 

The one thing I love about this story is the dialogue. The way it's executed makes them sound as if this were an actual event that happened, it seems natural. It doesn't sound made up or fake, especially during the scene with her and the teacher and talking about the intestines and all that mumbo jumbo. 

Overall, there's not much to criticize here since I think your writing was flawless honestly. Everything flowed very nicely together and I felt as if I was even reading a book which, honestly, isn't something I have felt in awhile since I haven't had much time to actually pick up a book and read it.

*Characterization:
Hee Neul's character is one I, surprisingly, like. When I review these OC stories, I am always dreading about meeting this OC since a lot of them are dull and act the same, mainly in those overly cliché romance stories. But it's stories like this (Whispers of the Sky would be another with a good OC character) that really show how good an OC can be if executed right and personally, I think she was definitely executed right. Her personality seems to be a bit of rebellious basing it off of the fact that she's been to Ms. Red's office more than the other students and she sort of has a mysterious vibe to her. At least, I thought she did. Her attitude is perfect for the character she is and I think she's a solid 10 out of 10.

Kyungsoo's character is also quite likable to me, I liked the way you presented him from the beginning of chapter two - where he starts to show up. The way I've read Kyungsoo is always like.. he's like the way people always represent BTS's Jin. Like a mother figure. So, in truth, I didn't really know what I expected when reading this. I love how he challenged the OC when she wouldn't answer his question and such, it shows that they have a good dynamic. Though, I'm a fan of the two main characters of any story butting heads, I feel like it brings more character to them. But that's probably just me. Kyungsoo is overall a pretty solid character and I can tell that he's going to be playing a bigger role as the story progresses.

Personal Enjoyment:
I enjoyed it personally. The dialogue, the character interactions, all of it was yeeees. I felt engaged despite it being quite late right now which is why I had to stop myself from just reading it all in one go (who has time for reading anymore... TT) so thank you for requesting the story; I never read on AFF since I'm more of an AO3 person but the main reason I love this review shop IS to discover good fanfics such as this one and despite the fact that it feels like a job sometimes, I love it. So thank you. Besides, who knows, maybe I'll actually read it after the semester is over and I get a small break before summer classes.

I hope this made sense as well, while typing I felt as if I was trying not to fall asleep (sadly this is the only convenient time to do reviews for me ugh) but either way, I hope this lived up to your expectations (...it probably didn't) but thank you for requesting and I'll be sure to keep your story in mind if I ever need a good story to read.

If you have any questions or want some clarifications (because I am the WORST at talking out my thoughts. Or, well, typing.) please let me know, I'll be happy to answer anything after I wake up from dying. :p