Diary Of A Recovering Bulimic (Natocuty)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Angst, Romance

 

Characters: OC, Sehun, Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Woohyun

 

Status: Ongoing

 

Life is a constant struggle but you have to keep going.

Notes From Reviewer

 

The review is shorter than a lot of the others I've done but there's not much to say when the fanfic is pretty good, you know? There's not many grammar mistakes and the journal thing was executed very nicely, I'm surprised it doesn't have more subs. I've put it as the third featured story just because I really love these journal things and because it's well written and deserves some recognition.

Title 

Well the title isn't the most original thing but it fits to what is going on because it literally is a diary of a recovering bulimic so it fits nicely. The title is pretty good the way it is and I don't have many complaints about it even though the "diary of ___" titles are used very often. 

Description & Foreword 

The description is short and simple and very very true. Life is definitely a constant struggle and if you give up, you're gonna be under a bus which is why I like the whole "you have to keep going" thing because it's true, life will knock you down but you gotta get back up and smell the coffee, I guess.

Plot

I honestly thought each chapter would start with the casual, lame, "dear diary" thing since it is a diary but, everyone uses their diaries differently. (I used to have one when I was like nine and I never used it after that but hey, childhood memories). Regardless, I like the way the first entry started, it shows how a lot of people who really do suffer from such a thing possibly feel and this fanfic probably could hit home to some people who have also recovered, or are still suffering, from such a thing. I like how she thought her decisions were right at the time but now she realizes they weren't the smartest.

Writing Style 

Your writing style is quite nice, I think you nailed the whole bulimic part with the female OC. And I also think you nailed the part with the journal aspect, it really does sound like a real person's journal. People probably think diaries consist of dumb girls talking about boys, makeup, partying, etc. but I really think you nailed the journal aspect, as I said before, and you did a nice job on it.

Characterization 

I like how the OC realizes she madde a mistake when she was younger and wished someone had cared enough to help and stop her from hurting herself. It really does show the struggles she's gone through over the time. I really like how you showed that the OC really hated herself because of what she did to herself and the fact that she's considered suicide as an escape from everything, which of course isn't the answer, but it really makes you feel like this person could've been real at one point in time. She's relatable in the fact that she had, or has, a lot of self hatred for herself because most people don't like a lot of things about themselves.

Flow 

The flow is really nice. Nothing is choppy or out of order, everything is nicely in place. I thought it was very nice, it really lets you know how she is feeling in the entries.

Personal Enjoyment 

I didn't read every chapter, just the first few to get a feel of how this was written and I think you did a pretty good job as I said before. I've really taken a liking to these 'journal-diary' kind of fanfics recently since I've been getting requests with stories like these and I just like them a whole lot more. Makes me want to write one too (but I won't I have too many fanfics to finish and start executing) but I really did enjoy what I read.