Regret by Suhyo07

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Why the hell AFF gotta do me like this and change the edit bar? Anyways, for some weird reason I thought the title was 'Blue' and I was like the is this even gotta do with stuff HAHAHA. Help me. (OH WAIT, DUH THAT'S BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE REQUESTED WITH THE TITLE BLUE, HAR HAR BYE)
REGRET
LINK
BY Suhyo07


Title (3/5):
The title is kind of generic and I've seen a few things with the title of 'Regret' so it's not eye-catching to me and sometimes, I feel like you can predict what could happen. Obviously Seokjin is going to regret something or, in turn, even Yoongi will regret something. I personally don't see it as an eye-catching title but that's just me. Though, it does relate to the story itself so I can't say anything against that fact.

Description/Foreword (10/10):
The description is pretty short and simple and doesn't give any part of the oneshot away which is good. You can make some predictions about why Seokjin is upset and maybe it's because Yoongi is very into what he does which is music. There's really nothing wrong with the description and there's not much for me to talk about here so, yeah it's a pretty good description. (I am also a er for short and simple descriptions since long ones usually give too much away or are just like mini rants).

*Plot (25/30) + Emotions (20/20) = (45/50):
Reading the story, I had a feeling Seokjin was going to leave, that's usually how these types of stories go so it was kind of predictable. I do like how everything was pieced together to make the story because, truthfully, it was good so that kind of makes up for the fact that the plot was pretty generic. The writing made it seem more unique despite the idea being overused which is good.

For the emotions conveyed, I can clearly tell what Seokjin is feeling. It's clear that music takes more of a part in Yoongi's life and that seemed to hinder their relationship. Seokjin even said he was just someone who takes care of Yoongi when he can't do so himself. I think you captured his emotions perfectly and I could tell why he left because feeling as if you're second place in a relationship kind of and could easily cause jealousy or something more. That being said, I think the emotions portrayed in Seokjin were legitimate and you could feel exactly what he was feeling just by reading.

Writing Style/Flow/Grammar (20/20):
Just from the first few sentences, I could tell I wasn't going to have to critique much on the grammar because there's nothing to correct. The grammar is very proper and makes the story sound professional and I, as a 'grammar nazi', appreciate that in itself. As for the writing style, everything is described perfectly and I could kind of picture in my head the scenes that were going on which further proves it was well written. The way the scene where the carrot was being cut into smaller pieces is a small detail but it's nice that you paid attention to even the smallest details. They way music was described by Seokjin was also good. And finally, for the flow, I think everything pieced itself together well and that you really took the time to think about how you wanted the story.

Characterization (10/10):
The characters were also well thought out and you seemed to keep some of their real personalities in there: Yoongi, a music lover and somewhat distant and Seokjin, a caring person who makes sure to watch Yoongi and care for him. Seokjin is very caring for Bangtan as a whole so I'm glad that showed in this. Also, smoking is supposed to be very unattractive so why the you gotta make Yoongi smoking all attractive, excuse you. (I feel so attacked right now by this!!! - I love it anyways though.)

Personal Enjoyment (4/5):
I don't ship Yoongi with anyone but Taehyung and vise versa (since I'm taegi trash and I have a weird thing where I can't ship one person with more than one person) so obviously someone like me wouldn't enjoy it as much and angst, it scares me. I get emotional very quickly & easily so I avoid angst and can't even write it without feeling like a monster (what is wrong with me?) but regardless, the story was very well written and I appreciate that in itself.

Total: 92%
The story was well written and I at grading so please save me. Either way, thank you for requesting and I hope the review helped in some way or another. If you have any questions, let me know. Don't forget to credit the shop (you don't have to use the banner, I just rlly like putting it on things now). I hope I made sense, it's almost 2AM. I'm gonna shut up now-