Spontaneity by -sputnik-

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。

BLUE

 
 
 

CRYSTAL

review shop

info

review

部分1

spontaneity
story link: here

部分2

author
-sputnik-

部分3

reviewer
vecember

部分4

 

TITLE.
I looked at the title like "what" for a second because it looked so strange at first, haha. but jokes aside, i like the title. i like the way it's implemented into the description. "he taught jongdae the definition of spontaneity." that was definitely a good way to reference the title into the description. it's a fitting title and not one i've seen around before so i can 

DEscription/foreword.
Honestly, the whole story layout is frickin' beautiful. the description and foreword look so neat and the poster/background are gorgeous. moving on to the description itself, it's easy to follow and it makes the reader want to read it, honestly. as for the foreword i like how the definition is there and the "for a dear friend" makes me think this can get either really emotional or really touching (or even close to home) so i'm kind of excited to read this.

PLOT.
i don't know why but i like how the story started. "the bench is missing a screw." like that's a small detail that shows a little bit about jongdae already. it's compelling in an odd way. not many people think about simple things such as a bench not having a screw. also, the way baekhyun and jongdae meet is very smooth, it seems natural in that moment of time. sure, it's rare for a stranger to walk up to someone who is obviously eating lunch but you made it seem natural which i liked.

i also like how when he goes back the next day, he still notices that missing screw. i also like how everytime jongdae goes, he says "have a good afternoon" it really shows that he likes everything to stay the same. even though jongdae seems to have aspergers (i don't think it'd be baek), i like how baek interacts with him. he really meant it when he said he didn't discriminate. i like how when jongdae explained it to baekhyun, he said he'd be his support, it was really nice to see that.

overall, i think the plot is very beautiful. any time i read any fanfic about any kind of mental disease, or where one of the people has something that makes them "different", it really makes me happy to see that even with it, characters within the story accept them (like baekhyun accepted jongdae) and it really makes me wish that's how it was outside of fanfics. 

WRITING STYLE/FLOW.
your writing style is very good. everything was easy to read, all of it flowed together nicely, nothing felt rushed or seemed out of place. overall, it's a good piece of writing and the way it's executed by you is very good. i think you also represented an aspergers person very well.

CHARACTERIZATION.
jongdae is attentive (if that's the right word) and from the first line, it shows that he notices small details. i also noticed one of the characters has aspergers which seems to be jongdae, as he likes to keep everything reptitive. 

baekhyun is weird but definitely seems to have taken a liking to jongdae which is why he is at the park everyday when jongdae is. it's a cute dynamic. he's a kind character and his kindness towards jongdae doesn't falter even after knowing that he does have aspergers is really sweet. i wish more people in the world today were like baekhyun's character in this,

PERSONAL ENJOYMENT.
i really liked this, it was a nice change. i don't usually read exo fanfics, or chenbaek, but i think this is good for anyone to read especially if they want to experience something nice through a work of fanfic. i hope i nailed everything you wanted to hear, haha, but if you have any questions, don't be afraid to redirect them to me. don't forget to credit the shop and keep writing! you have talent. :) 

request a reviewhomeapplyenquiresuggestlink