This Everlasting Devotion by Nhoxmew

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
This would have been done earlier but homework and a test and my procrastination made it a tad bit later. I think it took longer because I actually read all the chapters...

Anyways, don't forget to credit the shop and if you have any questions, let me know.
this everlasting devotion
LINK
BY nhoxmew


Title:
I can see why the title is called 'This Everlasting Devotion' just by reading the description and the foreword. They're both Gods so of course they're immortal and it could definitely be everlasting. I think the title really does relate.

Description/Foreword:
I like how short the description is because it leaves you wondering why their love will never be answered. I also like how Sunggyu is the God of Darkness while Woohyun is God of Light, I feel like most people would have done it opposite since in most WooGyu fics I read, Woohyun is more of the bad boy/darkness kind of guy. The person who did the pictures really did a good job too, by the way. The visuals are quite appealing on the front page of the fanfic.

As for the foreword, I like how it says human souls never perish and that they're recycled, I feel like I'm reading the mythological kind of story and those are some of my favorites, honestly. I love the part at the end, with the Great one. Just reading the bold letters can give you a feel of what has been said. 


*Plot:
I love how the story starts off by telling how the world came to be because it gives you a good amount of background just in the beginning and answers the question: why is he called the Great when we know him by God? I think that was a clever add in. I think it's interesting to think about how humans were created and reading this, although I doubt a God would say stuff about s like that - it was funny though, was interesting. I think the concept of Gods being created to help keep balance is really interesting as well, I feel like this is a fun history lesson on mythology. I also like the concept of water only being able to kill fire and vise versa, that's something I would have never thought of. This was just the prologue too and I'm pretty much hooked already, haha.

I love all of the concepts used really, I'm kind of weak for this kind of thing but I wasn't expecting Jieun to be engaged to Sunggyu. I was wondering why they were different elements rather than Dark and Light but now it makes sense and I like the idea. I like the conflict given between Jieun, Woohyun and Sunggyu, it really brings the plot to life and anyone can see what the obvious problem is.

I almost forgot to review because I was too buy reading, whoops. I really love how Eunji brings up the curse and tells the two how Sunggyu and Woohyun are cursed. I think the concept of them being stuck together in every timeline is enthralling and that they can't remember each other but still have flashbacks of previous memories. I was also wondering why Jiyeon was mentioned so much but never present, I can see why now and I think it's tragic that she died that way wanting to protect Jieun. 

It does jump around a bit much with the flashbacks and some of the flashbacks don't really seem too important (the one with Jiyeon was definitely important - I was wondering why he was with Jieun instead of Jiyeon for awhile) but some were. I think the story is headed in a good direction, honestly. I'm just really a er for Woogyu and mythology, put the two together and I'm happy.


Writing Style/Flow:
There were some mistakes, like "geez (or jeez)" as "gezz" (I read it as ...coughs) in the prologue. 

The first chapter was weird to me though. The part after the "BUMP" part, completely changes point of view and even uses astericks which is more for roleplaying, as I see it. The whole story should probably stick to one point of view, which in this case would be third, instead of changing it into that. I would also refrain from using astericks [*] in writing.

Also, why is it "That little piece of !@#$%^" it's no sin to swear and it just looks odd like this. But besides these, there's not much wrong with the grammar as far as I noticed. The grammar was fairly decent.

As for the flow, as I said before, it does jump around a bit with the flashbacks but in the end, everything works out anyways so it's no big deal.


*Characterization:
I love the characters, they all have distinct personalities. I love Woohyun's personality and how he acts towards Sunggyu, them being 'friends' is quite cute. They seem to heads, especially when they're messing with the weather, and I think their friendship is good for the story. Woohyun's personality is a bit aloof which is good because it's opposite to Sunggyu's personality which makes them fit like a key and lock. Though everytime Woohyun says "Ayyyy-la-hee!" I kind of snicker, I think I really like that for some reason.

Sunggyu's character definitely fits as God of Darkness though, I love how it's possible for him to love as well. God of Darkness does seem like one that wouldn't be able to love but I'm glad that he can. His cold facade is definitely fitting for his character and I like the small slip ups he has with Woohyun where he's smiling or laughing. It brings his character to life a little bit more. Their interactions are definitely ones I look forward to and I love how Sunggyu opened up to him a bit more.

Jieun and Jiyeon play a pretty big role within the story as well. I like Jieun's attitude and the fact that she is cursed as well considering that she can kill whoever she wants, regardless of what element they are. I think it's tragic that she technically killed her own sister but with that kind of power, accidents may surely happen. I like how you gave the flashback of Jiyeon and Sunggyu, showing that Jiyeon meant something to him and that Jieun killed her by accident - which is ironic as she is his fiance now.

So far, I think Woohyun is my favorite character for his aloof personality and I don't think I'll ever get over the "Ayyy-la-hee!" thing because I think it's funny when he says that. 


Personal Enjoyment:
I liked the story and even read all of the chapters which I usually don't do if there's more than five in a story since I'm on a time limit usually since school work and all that crap but I really enjoyed this one. As I said before, I love mythology and woogyu so I'm a happy camper. I think I covered everything I wanted to, not sure, since I did forget I was reviewing after a bit lol. Either way, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.