Space Between Us by Alethea12

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Sorry for this being so late, bless my damn soul. One of my classes ended so a little more free time is mine, bless my soul for real. 

Anyways, if you have any questions let me know, I tried my best to explain stuff but my brain is LOOPY since I only slept a few hours since HAD TO GET UP EARLY FOR MATH EXAM AT SCHOOL. (college struggles anyways I need to shut up).
space between us
LINK
BY alethea12


Title:
Just by looking at the title, I feel as if it's a little bland(?) for lack of a better word. It doesn't seem very exciting since I feel like it's a title I've seen before somewhere. I googled "Space Between Us Asianfanfics" and got a load of results so I do feel like the title is a bit generic in the sense that it's used a lot which means it's not that unique either, I'm afraid. Oddly enough, just judging by title, I do feel like the story might be a little cliché but we'll see what happens after reading the description.

Description/Foreword:
Starting with the description, I think the description is fine as is. I mean, the part "Instead she gets an an accident and a guy fainting in her arms" can mean a lot of different things, like what kind of accident was it? I assume that's something we find out in the story so I think it's good to have a description that makes readers think about what they're going ot be reading before actually reading it.

As for the foreword, I feel as if I can't say the same. The foreword is kind of what makes this story sound cliché. Just the line about her being taunted is cliché by itself for the fact that every OC seems to get made fun of/bullied in one way or another if they're not the 'flawless'/perfect one. I feel like there's no in between sometimes and that concept is just plain old by now even if it doesn't play a big part in the story, the foreword is what people read after the description so if it seems cliché even one bit, the story will have the impression of being cliché. 


Plot:
Before I start, I'm not going to read all the chapters since I'm on a time limit and this is already beyond late and I hate making people wait obnoxiously long for things. SO, some things may not be the same or something in the story could have changed.

All I can really say is what? I'm confused to what the hell is even happening by the third chapter. Not only that but the whole OC girl somehow getting caught up in a rumor with the male role and all the girls, and some guys, start hating on the OC/ spreading rumors or glaring is very overrused and just boring. This seems pretty cliché to me so far and I don't really feel interested in what's happening because a lot of it is absurd. Maybe it's because I'm more of a realistic type of person when it comes to AUs that aren't fantasy/sci-fi or whatever else genre is out there that can bend the rules but when it comes to school AU's, all of them seem to be unrealistic and they all have the same feel to them. I haven't read a legitimate unique OC x Idol School AU in God knows how long (sure, I don't read much now since lack of time but really). I feel like some people try to push drama into the story on purpose to make it more interesting, not saying you're doing that, but it does kind of feel like that.


Moving on to the plot's conflict: is it the fact that Jungkook is afraid of girls? I don't feel like I fully get the plot's conflict or, in other words, what has to be resolved. I mean, sure there's a lot of issues with the OC from the getgo considering she keeps getting herself into problems but I don't see a conflict coming from that aspect. 

Writing Style/Flow:
I think the main problem is the fact that the description and foreword are in third point of view and... the story is in first. I personally prefer third point of view because it's easier to get more than one character's perspective in without actually having to say "___'s p.o.v" or whatever people do (not saying you do that, it's just an example). So, frankly, I was quite disappointed that it was in first since I tend to stay away from first point of view fanfics. But anyways, moving on, the grammar was pretty much on point so I don't think there's much for me to say on that aspect. Everything's pretty much fine.

As for the flow, it's decent I'd like to say. I mean there were moments where I just kinda questioned what the hell was going on but really, it's fine overall. There's not much I can say here since it's decent enough.

Characterization:
I'm not surprised that Jungkook's the 'popular' figure of the school, that's how it usually seems to be with any BTS fanfic with OCs in it and a school AU concept. Most people tend to make them to so-called 'kingka's' while the OC is always the unpopular girl or girl that is hated for no reason really. I mean, the fact that he is afraid of girls which is quite the phobia to have was a nice add-on to. I don't really learn much about his character since he's not really my main focus nor did I read all the chapters as I said before.

Now onto the OC, she's kind of typical and generic. I've read the stories where the OC gets themselves in a bad situation and has other people trashing them, glaring, whatever else there is. It's not really unique and her character is kind of typical as I said before. I don't think she's really a character I would remember, for lack of a better word. I don't really see anything that stands out about her because to me, she seems like majority of the other OC characters. I mean she's not 100% like them but she's more similar to them then not, if that...even makes sense? (I don't think it does but I don't know how else to word it, please excuse me). In general, her character wasn't very exciting to me.


Personal Enjoyment:
It wasn't type of story so I didn't enjoy it as much (that and my laptop decided to ing shut off while I was trying to finish the review - I quit) but each to their own, of course. I think if you enjoy the story, that's all that matters honestly. I mean sure, other opinions are good to help lead your story in the right direction but they're not everything. Anyways, I'm definitely going to sleep after this one, I feel like a dead man. 

Please don't forget to credit the shop and as I said, if you have any questions or need clarifications because I explain things poorly (at least I think I do) then don't be afraid to ask! 

Also, I feel like I forgot to say some things and it's bugging me but I really can't remember so if my thoughts seem a little scattered/incomplete, that's probably why. e_e