Nocturne (MiinSuga)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Angst, fluff

 

Characters: Jaewook, Jiah

 

Status: Completed

 

Am fear, is fhaide chaidh bho'n bhaile, Chual e'n ceòl bu mhilse leis nuair thill e dhachaidh.
-Who farthest away e'er did roam, heard the sweetest music on returning home.

Notes From Reviewer

 

I will admit my attention span while doing this wasn't very good so I'm just gonna go ahead and apologize for that. Sorry for it being shorter - and I should stop doing reviews at 1 in the morning. I ended up laughing at something else and getting completely off track. Whoops - well, I hope the review is decent enough anyways! Thank you for requesting and if you have any questions, lemme know.

Title 

Truthfully, I had to look up what Nocturne means because I'm a loser that doesn't know these kind of words but I figured looking it up could also tell me if it connects to the story and well, it does.
- A short composition of a romantic or dreamy character suggestive of night, typically for piano.
I mean, it says 'typically' a piano but that doesn't mean it has to be one which in this case, it isn't, and the title is even used within the oneshot which was nice.

Description & Foreword 

The description confused me at first because I was just like "what?" but after reading it, I get it and it does fit what was written in the oneshot. It's a poetic sounding description and it's enchanting. I feel like it could enthrall anyone to read it but since AFF works on a way that if the characters aren't popular idols, it won't get noticed which really ing if you ask me because people miss out on good oneshots/works like this one.

Plot

Plots are quite hard to talk about in oneshots, especially when short. The story was short, yes, but quite powerful which is always a bonus. It seems like it's just a small, sweet, tale of two lovers that are just living their lives with each other now. I'm sure a plot like this could even be expanded, maybe going into his life as a ruthless warrior or so. Kind of like a medevial AU thing. If that makes sense - I feel like I don't make sense sometimes.

Writing Style 

Just from first glance, I knew the writing style would be good. It looks neat and prestine and the language used sounds professional. Even after reading it, I think it sounds very "mature" to say it that way and professional which is definitely a big bonus.

Characterization 

Since this is just a small oneshot, I can't really write much about the characters but you briefly described them to let the reader at least know who they were. Like how the male was a ruthless celtic warrior. It gives you a small idea of how much the characters have been through over the years.

Flow 

The flow is nice and simple, easy to follow and easier to read. It's smooth and I think you did a pretty good job on this part. Since it's short, I can't critique much on the flow like I could on a chaptered fanfic.

Personal Enjoyment 

Short but nice, I liked it. I have no idea who these characters are but that makes it all more enjoyable if you feel me. Overall, I did like it despite it being short but sometimes short is better than long. I know some people worry about things being too short and just add a bunch of useless word vomit to make it longer so I'm happy that wasn't the case in this.