Diversity (anastasiaeka)

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
MAIN HEADER

CRYBABY

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Romance

 

Characters: Yoona, Yuri, Jessica, Tiffany

 

Status: Ongoing

 

Diversity: the condition of having or being composed of different elements : variety : especially : the inclusion of different types of people (as people of different races or cultures) in a group or orientation.

Notes From Reviewer

 

Sorry for such the long wait, I worked on Thanksgiving and the day before so I've been super exhausted. Then I've been having so many issues with Kik and I've been frustrated so I just put everything off. Anyways, enough of my rambling - thank you for requesting and don't forget to credit the shop! 

Title 

Even just by looking at the title, I can see why it's called what it is. There's diversity in the hogwart AU world since different "houses" and all that bull. Plus the two main ships are from different houses and it leads to diversity, etc. If it has a deeper meaning, I'll try to keep a look out for it but I like the idea of the title being what it is because there are the houses and all whiich makes there have diversity within the school.

Description & Foreword 

The description layout is pretty straight forward and neat and though I usually dont like the pictures in it, this time it fits since it tells you what house they're in. I'm just glad you didn't use character charts to explain the characters. The description also makes you wonder if they will really be able to get along or not. It's good to leave the reader questioning things, so the description is pretty good.

Plot

Just a small FYI, since I am very behind on my reviews, I won't read every chapter. Just a few to get a grip of what the story is. I laughed at the "it's earwax flavoured" because it reminded me of all the youtubers that have done bean boozled (which is what you coulda based it off of, I have no clue). So for the main plot though, it really does just seem like a Harry Potter story with diifferent characters which, I guess, makes the idea kind of bland since I am sure many people have used it but overall, it wasn't horrible. I honestly don't know much about Harry Potter since I've never read/watched many of the movies so I can't say if it's really similar or not (but I doubt it is.) 

Overall, the plot is pretty decent for it having the Harry Potter universe in it. You took the Harry Potter concept and made it your own since I am sure Harry Potter seriously isn't like this (and if it is please excuse my lack of understanding for it) but it's a pretty enjoyable read.

Writing Style 

In the first chapter, I found a typo in the first paragraph. 
"...and a plain white T-shrt", you forgot the 'i' in shirt. Easy to miss mistake but I happened to notice it.

In the first chapter there's another typo where you spelled "houseleves" which I am gonna assume is a "house elves" but I'm not sure because it's hard to tell. 

Not going to lie, for English not being your first language, the writing isn't awful at all. Sure, there were a few odd things (like in the first chapter where it said she had the watch on her hand instead of her wrist - since watches don't go on hands) but really, there's not many noticeable mistakes. There are some words that have small typos (as in a letter in the wrong spot or a letter forgotten) but nothing too bad.

Characterization 

I'm just going to focus on the main characters (or well, Yoona and Yuri)

Yoona is the typical girl it seems, smart and pretty which is okay, there's nothing wrong with that at all. You can really feel the tension between Yoona and Yuri - especially at the part where the guy and Yoona find them sneaking out after hours/curfew and going into the kitchen. You could tell that they didn't get along right off the bat. It's bound to change, of course, but I do like the tension they currently have (it could have changed by now - I haven't read every chapter).

Flow 

The flow is pretty good and not rushed. Everything seems to be going together well and I hope the story takes off one day. It's pretty well written and the English isn't bad minus the few mini mistakes that everyone makes here and there. 

Personal Enjoyment 

Again, very sorry for the late review - it was supposed to be done days ago but I was too sleepy due to work so thank you for your patience. For personal enjoyment, it was pretty good so far. I won't finish reading it sadly since I don't really read those pairings but I think you can go pretty far with the story. (I hope I didn't miss anything in the review because sometimes I forget what I am writing and then I leave stuff out).