I'm Okay by KimDongmin

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Sorry for the late review, summer classes have started and I've been fairly busy with those and lately, I haven't really felt like doing many reviews so my apologies.

Please don't forget to credit the shop.
i'm okay
LINK
BY kimdongmin


Title (2/5):
I feel like the title is a bit bland, I don't really feel like it's anything that special nor does it stand out to me. "I'm Okay" also seems to be used a lot in some way or shape so it's not that unique or eye-catching to me in this instance. It does seem to relate to the story and the description so I give it points for that one. I feel like this title is a 'go-to' title or, in other words, a last resort title when another one doesn't come to mind.

Description/Foreword (10/10):
Starting with the description, I think it's fairly simple and that's not a bad thing, some things that are simple are the best things. It could definitely leave someone feeling curious because of the fact that we don't know why Jin Eul isn't okay and reading may answer the question of 'why'. 

Moving on to the foreword, I was confused at first because I thought Jin Eul was a girl (I need to pay more attention) so I was like why would Sungjong write that he needs to forget himself? I snorted at myself when I saw (male oc) and honestly, that makes this story a lot more unique than a lot. Someone and I were talking about how there's always female OCs as leads but never male ones so I'm intrigued already just by that small detail. Either way, I'd say both of these things are good since neither give too much away from the story.

Plot (40/40):
Okay first of all, the song I am listening to fits this story kind of well? Like I was reading it and just kind of squinting because they relate pretty well. Anyways, moving on to the real plot talk here, I like how you focus on Jin Eul and how he's doing after the break up. I also like how you don't force Sungjong into the story immediately, you wait until the right moment to add him in with the text message of "are you okay?" and I think that is a very important detail to point out. I think this story has good potential and I wonder what's going to happen after or if they're going to meet again. The plot's conflict is clear considering Jin Eul's thoughts and such so good job on that aspect as well. 

Writing Style/Flow (20/20):
I usually don't have that high of expectations with OC fanfics, maybe because I'm not a fan of them usually, but the writing and detail in this was truly amazing. Like, the chapters were short but you really did a good job portraying the feelings that were going on in the moment and you could picture the images of the scenery easily which is good. Looking at the grammar, I didn't find any typos but I could have missed some, if there were any, because I miss them when I edit my stuff too. LOL.  

As for the flow, I think you also did a fairly good job at pacing yourself. I didn't feel like anything was rushed and you took your time explaining events. I'm going to assume that this isn't as popular because it's a male oc which because this deserves some attention, it's not something I would read normally but I think you did a real good job with it. The chapters are a bit short, which is fine, but you do a good job with keeping the pace steady even though they're short.

Characterization (20/20):
I think you brought Jin Eul's character to life, you made him seem like a real person in a real break up kind of situation. I mean, I've only been in RP relationships but sometimes, not always, you get attached and when something goes wrong, you kind of feel the way Jin Eul does so I think you really took the time to develop on his character and make him seem more realistic. He's a lot more realistic than majority of OC's out there since a lot of OC's are ridiculous so I commend you for that one. You can really tell how he was effected by the break up with Sungjong.

Personal Enjoyment (5/5):
I enjoyed it personally and I think you did a good job writing this because in the end, you earn the grade - I just put it down. So really, good  job with everything and I wish the story has the best of luck. I feel like it's harder to do reviews on stories that are already fine as is because there's nothing to correct or criticize since why criticize something heading in the right direction? afthgds.

Total (98/100):
I hope this didn't seem too rushed! I just have a lot of notes and math to do so I tried to sneak this into my schedule. I hate making people wait so I hope this helped in some way, shape, or form! (Doing reviews at 3am is bad, don't do it.)