Thank You for Restoring my Faith in Love by counterattack

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ Archive。
auMhf5C.png
REVIEWER'S CORNER
Bless your soul for requesting this. 

Anyways, if you got any questions feel free to ask and yeh.

Don't forgert to credit the shop and I hope you have a nice day! 
thank you for restoring my faith in love
LINK
BY counterattack


Title:
Holy is the first thing I thought looking at the title. It's really, really, long. A little too long if you ask me. I think the title, besides being too long, isn't very eye-catching nor unique for a few reasons. For one, it sounds too...generic, for lack of a better word. I can see why the title is what it is since it is referenced in the true ending, so that's good that it relates to the story. The title is a bit ironic considering the story's contents as well which isn't a bad thing either.

Description/Foreword:
The description, in one word, is yes. I think it fits the story perfectly and doesn't give too much of the story away nor does it even hint what the ending is like. It makes you wonder why Kyungsoo's soul is corrupted (which you obviously find out by reading) and how Baekhyun tries to fix it, which is different depending on the ending. I think you really did a good job with making a captivating description. 

Plot:
So first of all, I love how there's two endings. The happy ending and the true ending. I'll talk about the happy ending first since, obviously, that is the first one I've read.

While there was some tragedy within it, I did think Baehyun would die on Chanyeol but he didn't which definitely makes it the happy ending. I know some people don't like bad endings so it was clever that you put both in. Kyungsoo, in general, had a pretty ed up story I wasn't expecting at all to be honest, this kind of plot was... surprisingly refreshing. I wasn't expecting Kyungsoo to try and kill him either so good plot twist there. I think this was a good ending (duh) but I have yet to read the true ending so I'm curious to how that one is. 

For the true ending, I think I actually liked this one more despite liking Baekyeol more. It makes me wonder if Baekhyun will get his body back since Kyungsoo has his now. It was a good true ending and I think a sequel should definitely be a thing because you did an amazing job at the plot. The plot is very very good and it's been a very long time since i've read a good angst EXO fanfic (the last one was like... back in 2013 on livejournal) so I'm glad you requested this. 

Overall, despite heavy and dark themes (which I loved to be honest), this is a very well thought out plot and everything is perfect. I'm not going to gush too much because then I'd have too much written. Either way, very good plot, very well thought out, and I loved it.


Writing Style/Flow:

Just by the first sentence, I can tell that this is well written because of the detail used and the way everything was described perfectly; it's almost hard to believe that English isn't your first language, honestly. This is better than a lot of native English speakers and I'm being honest on that since a lot of them type like English isn't their first language. I'm thoroughly impressed, really. I really doubt I'm going to have much to critique in this section because of that. The detail was very good and I'm seriously surprised English isn't your first language.

The flow was perfect as well, nothing went too fast nor too slow and you really can feel the characters emotions within the story just by all the detail used. It's good for an angst story.

Characterization:
Kyungsoo's character and his background story were perfect honestly and you can really feel how he feels about everything that had happened to him. He was angry and the way you described that anger really showed through your writing. I wasn't expecting him to attempt to kill Baekhyun (and technically succeed in the true ending) but you really thought his character out. I love how he was introduced into the story and it's been awhile since I've seen EXO characters not like the 'stigma' that they have in fanfictions, if that makes sense.

Baekhyun was a good character as well, I loved his relationship with Chanyeol in the happy ending and I love how he suffers in the true ending while not being able to be with Chanyeol. You really outdid yourself with all of the characters mentioned, it's great.

Jongin/Kai was a character that was introduced well and I love how we got to see his true self through what Kyungsoo had to say. He was psychotic, obviously, and I'm going to assume he ually assaulted Sehun, to put it nicely. I love the darker theme that came with his character and how he isn't the casual playboy that most fanfic authors make him out to be.

Chanyeol wasn't mentioned much but his love for Baekhyun was very cute in the happy ending and I think he made a fairly good supporting character despite being in the background for majority of the time.

Overall, your characters felt very real and that's something a lot of fanfictions miss these days. 


Personal Enjoyment:
The title had me skeptical about liking it at first and I kind of just dived into reading before seeing the description but holy damn, I loved it. 100% loved it. I'm a er for darker stuff such as this and I think the detail and passion put into this really showed. You're lying about English not being your first language (I swear to the Holy Trinity) because that was better then a lot of English speaker's writing. Even mine, maybe (pfft). Enough praise though, I really did love it and I think you've got a talent for writing.