Ninety-Eight

Trigger

 

Another month passed and Taeyeon was walking with the help of a walker, “Dr. Kwon!”

The doctor turned to greet her patient, “Hey Taeyeon.”

“Why are you running away from me? You know today is my last day.” The patient started pouting causing the other doctor to laugh.

“I am not! You are not my only patient. I am usually very busy.”

“Sure sure…”

“So you want to say goodbye? I think you still have appointments with me.”

“I know, but wanted to say thank you. For everything. More than the doctor stuff you know…”

“That was a horrible thank you but I will accept because Jessica promised to take me to this all you can eat BBQ.”

Taeyeon started laughing, “good.”

“You should get going. I know Jessica took the whole day off for your release.”

Taeyeon nodded and walked up to give her doctor a hug, “Thanks.”

Dr. Kwon held onto the embrace a little longer, “Not to be biased but you were my favorite patient.”

Taeyeon grinned, “I better be. See you in a week!”

Waving her patient goodbye, the doctor smiled knowing how far she came these past years.

Nurse Sunny was ready with a wheelchair when she returned to the room, “I don’t need that.”

“Hospital policy. I need to wheel you out.”

Taeyeon grumbled, “Where is Dr. Jung?”

Sunny shrugged, “Don’t know.”

Getting into the wheelchair, Taeyeon held onto her few belongings from her room, “It feels strange leaving like this.”

The nurse reached forward and put a card on Taeyeon’s lap, “We are all…you know…going to miss you too.”

Taeyeon smiled happily, “Thanks. For everything.”

“When you were in a coma it was a pain but after a while we all started to like you a lot after you woke up.”

Taeyeon let out a hearty laugh, “good.”

Stopping in the front of the hospital, Taeyeon smiled happily seeing Sooyeon, “There you go.  This is as far as I can take you.”

Sooyeon stepped forward to help Taeyeon out of the chair, “Thanks Sunny.” The pair walked to the car and Sooyeon assisted Taeyeon into the passenger seat before putting her stuff in the trunk, “maybe tomorrow we can go shopping. You living out of a plastic bag will be hard.”

Taeyeon laughed as she put her seatbelt on, “the hospital was good at providing me with clothes.”

Sooyeon smiled before pulling out and driving to her home, “I wanted to tell you earlier but I actually took a week of to get you settled in.”

“I wanted to go one more place with you too.”

Sooyeon stopped at the red light, “Of course. Anywhere you want to go.”

Taeyeon smiled, “Great. First things first! I want to go home.”

Sooyeon found herself smiling, “our home.”