Seventy-Three

Trigger

 

 

 

Taeyeon couldn’t keep her eyes off her. There was something calming at the way Dr. Jung focused on the road bopping to the music every now and then. A hypnotizing hum to the melody had Taeyeon humming along with every song Dr. Jung liked. Sitting in the backseat, Dr. Jung probably didn’t notice that Taeyeon wasn’t sleeping anymore but just watching the doctor drive her to her parent’s house.

Taeyeon was so entranced in Dr. Jung that when the car eventually stopped she forgot where she was, “huh?”

Dr. Jung unbuckled and got out of the car, “Taeyeon, we arrived.”

Taeyeon internally groaned at the thought of having to stop her creepy star-a-thon of Dr. Jung but there was nothing she could do about it so she waited for Dr. Jung to come around with the wheelchair. It took some time for the chair to be reassembled so Taeyeon looked over to her old home. She never told Dr. Jung why she left for America and didn’t return once during her stay. She wondered if the house would still look the same after all the years she abandoned her  own parents.

“Your carriage has arrived.”

Taeyeon giggled as she slid into the wheelchair, “thank you.”

Dr. Jung reached into her pocket for the house keys, “When I was taking care of your parent’s will, I got the keys to the house from your Aunt. I hope you don’t mind.”

“I am glad that it was you who made sure everything was taken care of.” Taeyeon looked down at her hands, “I will be forever grateful.”

Dr. Jung stopped pushing Taeyeon and went around to face the other girl, “I was happy to do it for you even though we didn’t know each other at the time. I only wish you were awake when the funeral was held that way you could have properly sent your parents off. But I don’t want you blaming yourself for what you couldn’t do. You survived and that is what your parents really wanted…it is what I wanted too.”

Taeyeon was nearly tearing up seeing the doctor look at her with those sympathetic eyes, “o-ok…”

The doctor gave her patient a reassuring smile before standing back up and unlocking the door, “are you ready to come back home?”

With a shy grin Taeyeon had her eyes set on the doctor when she whispered, “I thought I was already home.”