Ninety-Four

Trigger

 

“Sooyeon…Sooyeon…”

Dr. Jung slowly opened her eyes to the bright sun and Taeyeon’s smiling face, “Tae?”

Taeyeon continued to blind her with her smile, “You are awake. Have a good nap?”

The doctor rubbed her eyes a little and took a look around, “Did we arrive?”

Taeyeon hummed, “Yes. Do you want to rest some more?”

The woman shook her head, “No. I must’ve slept the whole way. Where are we?”

Reaching out, Taeyeon offered her hand, “I’ll show you.”

Matching Taeyeon’s excitement, the doctor found herself get lost in this whimsy, “o-okay.” Slowly, the doctor took Taeyeon’s hand in her own. She could feel the soft warmth coming from the small hands and those butterflies in her stomach started fluttering again.

In reality, Taeyeon took Dr. Jung’s hand to help her back into the wheelchair causing both of them to laugh internally at their situation. Once out of the van the doctor realized they were at a beach.

“It is so beautiful here. I can’t remember the last time I went to the beach.”

Watching the doctor look around, Taeyeon took in how beautiful she looked with the wind blowing through her hair and how her skin naturally glowed in the sun. At that moment, she knew exactly what she was going to do was right.

The two started walking towards the beach and at that moment, Dr. Jung gasped at what she saw, “Taeyeon…”

Taeyeon smirked, “I owe Dr. Kwon many many meals.”

“It looks so pretty.”

Out in the middle of the beach, Taeyeon had set up a table for two surrounded by flowers and a red carpet leading the way.

Taeyeon laughed, “Today is special.” The doctor was going to help Taeyeon go towards the beautiful setup, but Taeyeon stopped her, “I just need your arm.” The doctor looked at Taeyeon cautiously but offered her arm and Taeyeon suddenly stood up.

“Taeyeon…oh my God.”

Taeyeon smiled as she finally stood up, “That was the hard part.” Taking her first few steps, the doctor helped Taeyeon keep her balance, “Thank you.”

Slowly the two walked towards the table and the doctor helped Taeyeon sit down, “Taeyeon I am so impressed. Have you been keeping this a secret from me the whole time?”

Taeyeon laughed, “Dr. Kwon is a tyrant. I was practicing at night too.”

Leaning forward on her elbows, the doctor grinned at Taeyeon, “I am so proud. I know you worked so hard for this. I really don’t know what to say…”

Once again, Taeyeon leaned forward and took the doctor’s hand in her own, “Sooyeon…I know. All of this here was for you. You asked where we are and this beach is in my hometown.”

“Your memories?”

“A lot of them are returning thanks to you.”

The doctor was on the verge of crying.

Taeyeon tried to laugh off the atmosphere, “It is supposed to be a happy occasion, why are you crying?”

Dr. Jung wiped away her tears, “I am happy. Really happy.”

“Good.” Taeyeon took the other woman’s hand once again, “Because there is one more thing I was keeping a secret from you for a while now.”

“There is more. Have I been a neglectful doctor that I can’t keep up with your progress?”

Taeyeon laughed, “No no…nothing like that. You are a great doctor…more that that. You are a great person. So beautiful inside and out. F-for a while now I…” Taeyeon stopped and looked down at their hands linked and she knew it was time, “I have fallen in love with you.”