Fifty-Four

Trigger

 

 

 

Taeyeon sat at a café with a box in front of her. She carefully sipped on her hot chocolate while occasionally looking at the door nervously. Looking down at the satin adorning the box, Taeyeon wondered if this really was what she wanted to do.

“I take it this seat is for me?”

Taeyeon’s eyes shot up to see the woman she was expecting, “Yes. Umm did you want to order anything first?”

“No. I am fine. So did you umm…” Eyes wandered down to the box in front of Taeyeon and she went mum.

Taeyeon leaned back in her chair, “Tiffany…I am going to ask her to marry me.”

Throwing her head back in a sarcastic laugh, Tiffany closed her eyes for a second, “Really? Isn’t that just a slap in my face?”

Taeyeon reached to play with the box before opening it up and showing Tiffany something that wasn’t ever going to be hers, “I will ask her tonight.”

Tiffany looked at the ring closely before Taeyeon closed the box again, “So you brought me here to say that I should leave you alone?”

“Yes. Tiffany I may have had some feelings for you but going past friendship was something I never thought of. I can’t believe…I can’t believe you would do something so stupid in our home.”

“Really? Don’t I deserve an apology first? You clearly were more interested in me than her the past year! I didn’t act on it because you were with her but Amber told me that you were thinking of breaking it off anyway? So what if I got the courage to do something you wanted to happen to begin with. Don’t make yourself look like the victim Tae.” Tiffany huffed in anger.

Taeyeon quickly pocketed her ring, “Tiffany I don’t ever want to see you again. I am not asking this time, I am telling you.”

Tiffany buried her head in her hands on the verge of crying because it was too painful to see Taeyeon just leave.