Sixty-Four

Trigger

 

The patient looked around confused causing Dr. Jung to come to her patient’s side, “Taeyeon what is the last thing you remember? Do you remember me?”

Taeyeon squinted at the doctor still confused and groggy, “Krystal?”

 

“Dr. Jung are you okay?” The nurse stood by as the doctor who tried to compose herself.

Taeyeon blinked around the white room looking at everyone who was in the room with her, “I saw Krystal…”

Wiping away her tears, the doctor leaned in and caressed Taeyeon’s hand, “where did you see her?”

“Next to you…”

Dr. Jung looked to her side but no one was there, “So you remember who I am?”

Taeyeon let out a goofy smile, “Of course but why are there so many people in my room?”

“You were really sick so we put you to sleep for a week.”

Taeyeon repositioned herself and looked around the room, “did you wake Krystal up too?”

Jessica looked down at the small hands she held onto, “no…she is still at the other hospital.”

Taeyeon was confused, “I really saw her. Just as I opened up my eyes, she was right there.”

Dr. Jung looked to where Taeyeon was pointing, “It was just us here Taeyeon.”

Tears brimmed Taeyeon’s eyes, “I know I saw her!”

Retracting her hands, Dr. Jung held onto Taeyeon’s shoulder to calm the woman down, “I can take you to see her but she isn’t here.”

Taeyeon let out a few sniffles, “she looked so real…she was standing there so happy.”

Taking a seat on Taeyeon’s bed Dr. Jung reclaimed the hand that was given to her, “she is so pretty when she smiles right?”

Leaning forward, Taeyeon rest her forehead on Dr. Jung’s shoulder closing her eyes, “yet I was the one who took it away.”

Dr. Jung frowned as she looked down at the girl in her arms, “don’t say that. I know that she enjoyed her time with you, but she was happiest when you were also happy. Together or apart, I think she would still smile knowing you were living a vibrant life.” Hearing soft snores, Dr. Jung reached to up to caress her sleeping patient’s hair, “are you happy Kim Taeyeon?”

 

 

Two naughty nurses watched the patient-doctor interaction from the doorway, “Sunny shouldn’t we leave them alone?”

“No! This is better than any drama.” Sunny let out a large grin as she watched her favorite budding relationship.

Sooyoung quickly pulled the other nurse out of the doorway, “come on we have bed pans to change.”