Forty-Three

Trigger

 

 

Taeyeon snuggled into the warm sweater that smelled exactly like Dr. Jung, “It is a little big on you…hmm I thought we were the same size.”

Taeyeon looked up and shook her head because she already knew that she was going to treasure these clothes, “not at all. Very comfy.”

“I hope you have some clothes at your parent’s house. The ones you came in with were cut open…and well put in the trash.”

“I am really ok. You aren’t that much bigger than me.” Taeyeon also liked the smell…almost like she was caught in a warm hug, “No no don’t think of that.”

Taking out her keys, Dr. Jung grabbed a bag with a few of Taeyeon’s valuables that were returned to her from the police station after the investigation on the accident concluded, “Last time in the wheelchair.” Taeyeon walked over and sat in the chair before Dr. Jung handed her the bag, “You don’t live that close to the hospital. Nearly an hour away.”

“I know.”

“Are you excited to get back to the normal world? I bet being in this hospital all the time is stuffy?”

“What is there in that outside world anyway?” “The hospital isn’t that bad.”

“I think going back to a normal lifestyle will do you well.”

“Being with you was ‘normal’ for me.”

“You can cook…ah well maybe you could learn to cook again and have homemade meals, sleep in a regular bed and I know the TV in our hospital is horrible. Oh and you can check the internet to see what has changed over the years. I think there is a lot for you to do.”

“Is there really?”

“I also have a special surprise when you arrive back at your home.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows in interest, “Surprise?”

Dr. Jung leaned down smiling, “I was saving this surprise for a little while, but I think it is time we really trigger those memories.”

“I do remember…but what is she planning?”

Dr. Jung stopped and locked the wheelchair as they reached the bottom level of the hospital which was the parking garage, “Wait here for a while. I will pull up the car.”

“I can go with…”

“No don’t. I parked a little far. Just rest for now.”

After getting the car, the two women drove over to Taeyeon’s parents’ house. Not used to staying awake for longer periods of time, Taeyeon was in a silent slumber the whole ride that was until Dr. Jung shook her to wake up, “We are here.”

Taeyeon looked around groggily. Although a bit aged and unkept, the home was the same.

“Here let me help you into the home. I had the police give me your parent’s belongings and I just hope one of these keys will open the door.”

Taeyeon let Dr. Jung lift her up and help her to the front door. After trying out a few keys, one of them finally opened the door and they went in.

Coughing from some of the dust, Dr. Jung put Taeyeon’s belongings down, “How about you go to the couch. I am going to make a phone call.”

Taeyeon held onto the walls for support as her feeble legs led her to the couch. A bit drained, Taeyeon didn’t even care that Dr. Jung was gone and making a phone call. The smell of her parents flooded back to her causing a rouse of childhood memories. It was only natural when tears fell.

“Taeyeon?” Dr. Jung quickly rushed to the crying girl’s side, “Are you ok?”

Taeyeon sniffled and wiped the tears away, “Ah yea…I could just feel my parents here…with me…”

Dr. Jung looked at the woman with sympathetic eyes, “So you remember a bit more?”

“Yea…this home is the one I grew up in.”

“This is good…maybe taking you to familiar locations is really helping…”

*Ding dong*

Dr. Jung looked up, “Ah that must be her. I ordered some food you will like.”

Taeyeon sighed as she watched Dr. Jung walk away once again. Not thinking much of it, Taeyeon closed her eyes waiting for food to plop down in front of her but after the door closed a very excited voice yelled out “Taeyeon!”

Her eyes shot open as the voice was someone very close to her, “Tiff…ah I mean…”

“Oh right…you might not know me but I am a very dear friend of yours from America, Tiffany Hwang.”

“No no no…anyone but her!”

 

 


Author's Note

So I don't normally leave notes but I have a funny story. So I was out getting to know someone and they asked what my brother's birthday is. I should have answerd March 5 but instead I said it was March 9.......yea......Taeyeon is taking up so much of my mind these days that her birthday is the only one I remembered.

How can Taeyeon not be my distraction when she has a new FULL LENGTH ALBUM coming out soon!!! I was so excited that I pre-ordered it (I never pre-order). 

Be excited people! Taeyeon has been giving amazing highlight clips too! She is spoiling us fans too much (not that I mind).

 

Thanks for the comments. I promise you that I read them, but just have been too busy for replies. Please continue commenting and subscribing! <3