Seventy-One

Trigger

 

PART 5

 

“Are you all packed?”

Taeyeon laughed as she picked up her few belongings in the hospital room, “I don’t have much here. If you forgot these are basically all gifts from you and Dr. Kwon.”

Dr. Jung went around to see the plastic bag full of small toys and a few gifts, “should we umm stop at your parent’s home? You still own it.”

Taeyeon looked down at her bag and sighed, “I guess I can’t live off of these toys?”

“If you don’t want to…or are not ready, I don’t mind you using my clothes and we can pick up a few toiletries at the store.” Dr. Jung offered wondering if the thought of seeing her childhood home would be too traumatizing.

“You know Jeonju is not close…”

“Oh I know.” Dr. Jung gave out a dry laugh remembering the last time she went to that town.

“It would mean that we would have to spend the night.” Taeyeon started to hate the thought more and more of going back to her home.

“You know you have me the whole week right? I didn’t do a week full of overnights for nothing. I am here for you and whatever crazy demands you have of me as a doctor or a friend.”

Taeyeon couldn’t help but feel warm inside watching the doctor give her the sincerest smile she ever saw in her life, “kay…”

“How about we spend tonight at my place before going in the morning? You are not strong enough to do two moves in one day.” Dr. Jung offered hoping she too could get a good night sleep before the long drive.

Luckily, Taeyeon nodded along and stepped into her wheelchair once again, “Let’s get me discharged!”

Dr. Jung laughed at her patient being positive once again. She missed her goofy and aloof patient. With the passing of her sister, the doctor wondered if either of them would be able to shake off this looming depression but with Taeyeon coming to live with her once again, Dr. Jung thought happiness might not be too far off for either of them.