Forty

Trigger

***Italics will be what the character is thinking***

PART 4

 

Taeyeon held her head in pain as she leaned over onto the bed for support.

“Oh my goodness. Taeyeon are you ok?” Dr. Jung pled as she held Taeyeon in place so she didn’t fall down.

“Krys...” Taeyeon mumbled right before she passed out.

“Help!” Dr. Jung yelled as she held the girl in her arms, ‘Taeyeon please be ok...’

The nurses rushed in with a wheelchair, “what happened?”

Dr. Jung stood up straight once Taeyeon was safe in the wheelchair, “I am not sure. I was telling her about my sister’s condition and then she zoned out for a bit before grabbing her head in pain. It’s ok. She is my patient and suffered some brain injury. I would like to transfer her back to my hospital.”

“Yes mam. We will hook her up to an IV in the meantime.” The nurses responded.

Dr. Jung watched Taeyeon get wheeled out of the ward before turning her attention to her sister. Walking up to the bed, Dr. Jung took a seat next to her sister to brush her porcelain skin, “Taeyeon said you were hers...am I really the right person to decide if you live or die?”

‘Why am I crying? Is it because Taeyeon is never going to really be yours or...no no...I lost you a long time ago ...I will let you go just as soon as Taeyeon wakes up again.’

“Umm doctor?”

“Yes?”

“The ambulance is ready to take you and your patient back.”

“Alright thank you.”

‘I will see you again.’ Dr. Jung kissed her sister’s forehead before exiting with the nurse.

 

“Anything wrong Dr. Kang?”

“Well Taeyeon’s brain is regenerating some so there is a bit of intracranial pressure. I wouldn’t be too concerned but if her brain is finally responding to the damage and inflammation caused from her injury, maybe her memories could come back. It will be just a matter of time and waiting.”

“Thank you doctor.”

“No problem Dr. Jung. Just keep a good eye on your patient and make sure she is not under too much stress.”

“I will. Thank you.”

Dr. Jung sighed in relief from hearing Taeyeon is ok, “Hello doc!” Taeyeon said cheerfully, “so anything wrong?”

“No nothing. We are just going to cut back on your physical therapy to reduce stress.” Dr. Jung wheeled Taeyeon back to her room and helped the girl settle back into what she would call home for now, “Taeyeon...I am sorry about earlier...”

Taeyeon looked up at Dr. Jung curiously, “ah that...”

“I know I told you so much and put you in a strange situation...”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No I am glad...I am glad that I finally know what my past was and I finally got to see my fiancé....”

Dr. Jung smiled gently, “from what I know, you two loved each other a lot...I know I said that I would be pulling the plug on my sister but I don’t think that is right. You are her fiancé and I think when your memories return this is something we should decide on together.”

Again, Taeyeon nodded.

“Ok good. Well then just get some rest and I will see you tomorrow.”

Taeyeon gave the doctor a sad smile, ‘what if I already remember everything?’