Fifty-One

Trigger

 

 

Taeyeon circled the cake one more time making sure everything is perfect, “Taeng I swear there is nothing wrong with it. I know she will love it.”

Taeyeon smiled sheepishly, “I know but this birthday has to be perfect.”

Amber carefully looked at the cake, “trust me I don’t even see a single flaw. Should we go help Tiffany with the decorations?”

Taeyeon turned her hand over to see the time, “Oh it is that time already? Yea we should hurry so I have time to get her from the airport.”

Taeyeon and Amber carefully packed the cake into the car and made their way to Taeyeon’s apartment. When they opened the door, it was truly a festive sight, “Wow Tiffany is this my apartment?”

Tiffany turned around to see her friends arrive, “Oh good you are here. Help me get these up before you leave.”

Taeyeon rushed over to Tiffany’s side to get a few decorations while Amber set up the food table. Within 10 minutes of hurried decorating, friends arrived and a few of them helped Taeyeon get out the door so she could go to the airport.

 

At the airport, her lovely girlfriend arrived, “Taeyeon!” Engulfing her into a bear hug, the girl kissed Taeyeon around the face, “I missed you.”

Taeyeon gave her girlfriend a peck on the lips, “how was your family? I hope they treated you well since they stole you away on your birthday.”

The other woman sighed heavily, “Sis was too busy to see me. It was like she came over to say happy birthday and left. I really miss her.”

Taeyeon took the luggage and guided them to her car, “she is going to be a doctor right?”

“Yea. I know she is very busy but I thought she would squeeze out some more time knowing I was coming.”

Taeyeon giggled at her spoiled girlfriend, “I am sure she wanted to see you baby but becoming a doctor is hard. How were your parents?”

“Good good. Mom and dad tried stealing me once again but they know I have a good job here.”

Taeyeon opened the boot of the car and threw the luggage in, “are you tired? Should I run a bath for you when we get home?”

Taeyeon’s girlfriend raised your brow, “Are you suggesting something erted like a very y birthday present?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened in shock, “No no! I thought you would want to rest. I-it is a long flight.”

Seeing her girlfriend flustered the woman giggled, “then why are your ears so red?”

Taeyeon rubbed both ears, “because you are suggesting strange things.”

Taeyeon was quiet on the way back to their apartment while her girlfriend gabbed about the people she saw in Korea. For the most part, Taeyeon didn’t know much about her girlfriend’s life back home so most of the conversation passed over her head while she thought of the party.

After 30 minutes of driving the two parked the car in the garage and went up the elevator to their shared apartment. Starting to feel jetlagged from the trip, Taeyeon’s girlfriend shuffled along the hallway to their apartment but with a loud “SURPRISE!” The girl nearly fell backwards in shock as her apartment was filled with friends, “Happy birthday!”

Looking at Taeyeon, “Baby?”

Taeyeon smiled happily, “Happy birthday although it is a bit late.”

Dragging the birthday girl in, Tiffany put a mask on her face, “Come join the festivities!”

Taeyeon took a mask and put it on her face too, “Wow Taeyeon we got her good.”

Nodding along, “I thought she would be too tired for this but she seems fine now that she has all her friends.”

“Here have a drink.”

Taeyeon was hesitant to take the drink since she wasn’t a good drinker but she didn’t want to spoil the festivities and took the mysterious drink Amber gave her. Taking a sip, Taeyeon thought the sweet concoction was very good and drank it happily, “what do you call this?”

Amber looked at the drink, “Tiffany’s special punch. Be careful, I have gotten drunk on more than one occasion with those.”

“It doesn’t taste like alcohol.”

“And that is why I tend to drink one to many.”

The night went on flawlessly with the partygoers singing Happy Birthday, the eating of cake and more rounds of drinks as games went on.

Feeling lightheaded, Taeyeon sat on the couch next to Tiffany, “W-what did you put in this punch?”

Tiffany giggled, “well it has to have a punch doesn’t it? I guess you have never tried absinthe before?”

“Ab-sinthe-e?” The word was foreign to the foreigner.

“Yea that gives it a kick along with a ton of flavored vodka and a hint of juice. It is my must have party juice. Should I get you some more?”

Taeyeon tried getting up but fell down, “No…no I can’t drink more. You know I can’t.”

Seeing the girl struggle, Tiffany took ahold of Taeyeon, “here let me help you.”

Taeyeon took the girl’s arm for support but she didn’t know where the younger woman was leading her but it certainly was not towards the festivities, “Tiffany…I need to get back to the party! It is my baby’s birthday.”

Tiffany pushed Taeyeon on the bed, “Just relax.”

“I ah…Tiffany…” as the younger woman hungrily claimed her lips, Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she tried to push the woman off her, but her body was too weak. Eventually her whole world spiraled as the alcohol consumed her more and Tiffany’s advances became more bold. Eventually Taeyeon passed out.

 

 


Author's Note

Wow did you readers hear the news that StepIsDumbo passed away? I never would have thought an author I loved so much would actually pass away. This author has a special place in my heart as she was one of the first authors I read here on AFF. How can dog and cat fall in love?! was a story that made me fall in love with the Taengsic pairing and is a classic Taengsic fanfiction that most of us have read. RIP StepIsDumbo T.T